Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2020

Apple

Apple Canada Black Friday Shopping Event - Up to $210 in Gift Cards with Select Devices (November 27-30)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2020 5:17 am
Tags:
Nov 9, 2013
660 posts
262 upvotes
Has anyone actually been charged for their gift card yet? The charge for the actual item I ordered has posted but not the amount for the gc that I’ve received.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
atheoncrutch wrote: Has anyone actually been charged for their gift card yet? The charge for the actual item I ordered has posted but not the amount for the gc that I’ve received.
When you look at your bill, do you see a discount equal to the value of the gift card (promotional product)?

from https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/gifts/sho ... conditions

Apple Store app, apple.com/ca, and 1-800-MY-APPLE: Customers who purchase an Eligible Product through the Apple Store app, apple.com/ca, or 1-800-MY-APPLE during the Promotion Period shall receive a discount equal to the value of the Promotion Product (depending on their purchase, as set forth below) off the price of the Eligible Product. Customers will be charged for all items in their cart, including the Promotion Product.

Qualifying Apple Store locations: Customers who purchase an Eligible Product in a Qualifying Apple Store location during the Promotion Period (except for purchases made using carrier financing) shall receive a discount equal to the value of the Promotion Product (depending on their purchase, as set forth below) off the price of the Eligible Product. Customers will be charged for all items in their cart, including the Promotion Product. For purchases made when selecting carrier financing, Customers shall receive a discount equal to the value of the Promotion Product (depending on their purchase, as set forth below) off the price of the Promotion Product. The Promotional Product, in each case an Apple Store Gift Card, is not a “gift”. This offer expires when the purchase transaction is complete.
Destiny is all
Nov 9, 2013
660 posts
262 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: When you look at your bill, do you see a discount equal to the value of the gift card (promotional product)?
Yes, on the invoice I see the cost of the item less the cost of the gift card and then a separate line for the cost of the gift card itself, but my credit card has only been charged for the amount of the item not the additional cost of the gc.
Aug 28, 2011
362 posts
275 upvotes
CALGARY
ArchZeratul wrote: I wonder this too, and I don't know for certain, but the way the way I saw the transaction appear is with a +$X GC and a -$X credit, so they will probably refund only the item you return and charge back the GC amount if you don't return it in full? Can't imagine the greediest company on the planet would allow you to get away with free money.
On my bill the cost of the thing I purchased was reduced by 70$ and then I had an additional charge for a 70$ gift card. So if you returned the device you'd get the reduced amount refunded I imagine and you'd still have the gift card.
Nov 26, 2015
10 posts
1 upvote
Burnaby, BC
thats still **** ********. customers buy their products and to shell out an extra 25/30 dollars for a charger.. when you're playing a premium for a new phone..