Shopping Discussion

Apple Canada Launches New Gift Card for 'Everything Apple' (iTunes Gift Card can be used for Apple Store hardwares)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2021 8:51 pm
Sep 7, 2014
732 posts
321 upvotes
Toronto
possible to use them towards buying software too? like final cut pro?
EQ Bank: no account fee, no ATM fee, no FX fee
AT&T: Unlimited talk & text in and between the U.S., Canada, & Mexico, 8+17 GB data (1 spot available)
Public Mobile: talk & text legacy plan
Epidemic Sound: Royalty free music
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
onewaylove wrote: possible to use them towards buying software too? like final cut pro?
Yes

You can use your Gift Cards to purchase content, apps, and services (collectively, “Content”) from Apple Media Services and items (“Products”) from Apple Retail Stores, Apple online stores, and the Apple Store App. If you are the holder of an App Store and iTunes gift card or code balance, or have a balance in your Associated Balance, you can now use the card and code balance and the Associated Balance to purchase Products as well as Content.

Terms and Conditions for Apple Gift Cards and Codes, Apple Account Associated Balance, and Content Codes
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
2005 posts
696 upvotes
Montreal
Are gift cards still available in grocery stores like Metro here in QC? we can use Amex or new MBNA cards against this at 5 percent?
Jun 7, 2017
680 posts
2770 upvotes
ON
gogoblender wrote: Are gift cards still available in grocery stores like Metro here in QC? we can use Amex or new MBNA cards against this at 5 percent?
Yes. Some stores are selling the new apple gift cards after the old iTunes gift cards sold out.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2012
2005 posts
696 upvotes
Montreal
Thank you I guess it’s advantageous to make sure we buy one of the new cards which has all possibility of purchases rather than the old one
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
gogoblender wrote: Thank you I guess it’s advantageous to make sure we buy one of the new cards which has all possibility of purchases rather than the old one
Afaik, when you redeem the older Gift Cards, they get added to the Apple ID Balance.
The new Apple Gift Cards when redeemed go to the same Apple ID Balance.

What you can buy with your Apple ID balance
Find out what you can buy with your Apple ID balance.
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201209

"Where the Apple Gift Card is available, you can use your Apple ID balance to buy products and accessories at apple.com or in the Apple Store app."

MichaelSun wrote: Same as US did last year, all iTunes and Apple Store GC are combined into one account:"Apple Account Balance".

All my old iTunes gift card balance automatically became "Apple Account Balance".
I just redeemed an iTunes gift card purchased last month, it was automatically added to my "Apple Account Balance".
Destiny is all
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19723 posts
28591 upvotes
Vancouver
Save On Foods had a fresh restock of the older iTunes GCs two days ago. They were nearly sold out a week earlier. Now, the big question: Will the new GCs be sold at a discount anywhere?
Feb 25, 2018
45 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
Did you guys know this already? I just paid for an Apple Store purchase (hardware) with my remaining iTunes balance, the option to apply the balance in on the checkout page in the Apple Store app. Pretty cool.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
ChineseGiraffe wrote: Did you guys know this already? I just paid for an Apple Store purchase (hardware) with my remaining iTunes balance, the option to apply the balance in on the checkout page in the Apple Store app. Pretty cool.
Yes, @MichaelSun posted this on July 9th

Apple Canada Launches New Gift Card for 'Everything Apple' (iTunes Gift Card can be used for Apple Store hardwares)
Destiny is all
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
27765 posts
27801 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
ChineseGiraffe wrote: Ah ok, that's cool, I'll delete the thread then, thanks
DO DONT DELETE THREADS !!!
That’s not helpful to anyone in the RFD Community

Just send a note to the Mods asking them to amalgamate your thread with the previously open one

You can do this by clicking on … the ❗️REPORT icon in this threads original post
Then tell the mods content already exists and you would like this thread merged into the older one

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)