Expired Hot Deals

Apple

Canadian Apple store now listing refurbished iPhones

Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1569 posts
1168 upvotes
St Catharines
RedStrikeCa wrote: Too bad they don't have iPhone SE. I need the home button
What for? Can’t give up TouchID?
Sr. Member
Sep 25, 2015
785 posts
1841 upvotes
Toronto, ON
daddyho24 wrote: What for? Can’t give up TouchID?
I'm used to having a button to press to get to the homescreen. I prefer it I guess.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1436 posts
382 upvotes
daddyho24 wrote: What for? Can’t give up TouchID?
I went from the 6s to the 12 last year. Hate using my phone in public with a mask now. Can't unlock my phone as easily.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 18, 2013
4074 posts
5848 upvotes
BC
tatung wrote: I went from the 6s to the 12 last year. Hate using my phone in public with a mask now. Can't unlock my phone as easily.
I much prefer touchid as well, apple really needs to bring it back.

If you have happen to own an Apple watch you can set it to unlock your phone when you bring your phone out.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3153 posts
4796 upvotes
GTA North
Clee wrote: I'm still on the iPhone 6 non-S.
Resist until Black Friday or buy now?
urover wrote: Family member holding out on 6s due to headphone jack. Tempted to buy 11 for them.
caltran wrote: This would be a real, material upgrade for you.
|Naruto| wrote: I’m still on the iPhone 6s. Must resist!


Wonder if they have the iphone 7 and do a custom mod.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Newbie
Oct 19, 2018
46 posts
14 upvotes
Does anyone know if they will have the refurbed iPhone11 64 GB back in stock again? Or once they are gone they are gone?
Member
Oct 17, 2012
315 posts
288 upvotes
Quebec
yohyohy wrote: Does anyone know if they will have the refurbed iPhone11 64 GB back in stock again? Or once they are gone they are gone?
Refurbs are often restocked. It’s not like retail stores clearance.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 26, 2011
3163 posts
444 upvotes
RedStrikeCa wrote: I'm used to having a button to press to get to the homescreen. I prefer it I guess.
Have you ever owned an iPhone without a home button?
Jr. Member
Nov 22, 2019
128 posts
125 upvotes
MB
64gb may not be enough in the long run? 128gb is only 70 dollars more. You get the color options too. The 64gb only had black i believe when this refurbished list came out. Just sharing my opinion.
Member
Nov 25, 2005
253 posts
28 upvotes
Also wishing I had a home button/fingerprint scanner. Work in hospital and masked all day.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1625 posts
207 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: I much prefer touchid as well, apple really needs to bring it back.

If you have happen to own an Apple watch you can set it to unlock your phone when you bring your phone out.
Same here, wish they have a new SE with bigger screen like 8s
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 6, 2003
16227 posts
7922 upvotes
Ottawa
I can't imagine going back to a home button....it was especially wasteful when it wasn't a real button since iPhone 8.

The iPad Air 4 and Mini 4 is a good compromise for those who like Touch ID. You still get a near edge to edge screen without wasting precious screen area.

Me....I have the Watch and unlock the device that way and so wearing a mask isn't a detriment anymore. Would never want to go back to TouchId.
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Jr. Member
Oct 5, 2005
182 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
Android phones have fingerprint scanner built right into the screen. Why can't Apple?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
9727 posts
11018 upvotes
Toronto
hollywood wrote: Android phones have fingerprint scanner built right into the screen. Why can't Apple?
The in-screen fingerprint sensors currently are not as fast as Face ID and not even as secure.

Apple have always introduced new features and technology at their own pace.
Member
Feb 5, 2013
302 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
There’s an option for an alternate ID under FaceID & Passcode
I probably didn’t need it but bought it anyway
Sr. Member
Jul 22, 2020
614 posts
90 upvotes
1 year warranty is nice if for a refurbished iPhone, but what does the warranty cover? Also don't other places have 2 and even 3 year extended warranties that you can purchase or included in the refurb price (usually higher than buying used from someone)?

As for the wired headset issue, isn't there an adapter for the power port so you can plug in 3.5mm headphones? Or is the sound quality from these adapters really bad?

Is the original iPhone SE 1st gen still usable in 2021?
Sr. Member
Jul 22, 2020
614 posts
90 upvotes
kevdanga wrote: *
Mom has a 6S plus. Still works fine and no software limitations. Probably will upgrade this year. 6 years, pretty good. Didn't even do a battery upgrade.
What software limitations are there on the newer phones?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
9727 posts
11018 upvotes
Toronto
GreenLean wrote: 1 year warranty is nice if for a refurbished iPhone, but what does the warranty cover?
Apple One (1) Year Limited Warranty

WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY?

Apple Canada Inc. of 120 Bremner Blvd., suite 1600, Toronto ON M5J 0A8 Canada warrants the Apple-branded iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV or HomePod hardware product and Apple-branded accessories contained in the original packaging (“Apple Product”) against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with Apple's published guidelines for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original retail purchase by the end-user purchaser ("Warranty Period"). Apple’s published guidelines include but are not limited to information contained in technical specifications, user manuals and service communications.

GreenLean wrote: Also don't other places have 2 and even 3 year extended warranties that you can purchase or included in the refurb price (usually higher than buying used from someone)?
You can add AppleCare+
https://www.apple.com/ca/support/products/iphone/

AppleCare+ for iPhone extends the one year limited warranty coverage and adds up to two incidents of accidental damage protection every 12 months.

GreenLean wrote: As for the wired headset issue, isn't there an adapter for the power port so you can plug in 3.5mm headphones?
Apple sells the Lightning connector to 3.5mm Headphone Jack Adapter for wired headsets
https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/M ... ck-adapter

GreenLean wrote: Is the original iPhone SE 1st gen still usable in 2021?
Yes, and can be updated to iOS 15

The First iPhone SE Is AMAZING On iOS 15!
Member
Jun 4, 2018
225 posts
214 upvotes
Clingon wrote: Thanks, OP - good to know. But pricing is lousy.
It's Apple. I am surprised you didn't have to pay a fee to see the price
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2015
2371 posts
1338 upvotes
Antarctica
vane4665 wrote: It's Apple. I am surprised you didn't have to pay a fee to see the price
You mean like Costco? Slightly Smiling Face

Top