Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

Canadian Apple store now listing refurbished iPhones

Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5072 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Finally.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
These are some terrible prices. At least we know now what Apple's doing with all the trade-in phones.

Pay pennies on the dollar then re-list as refurb for 1000% profit.
Last edited by Anikiri on Sep 20th, 2021 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3763 posts
1545 upvotes
Montreal
still over 1K for some models crazy price for older solid phones... lol
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2019
1807 posts
3773 upvotes
YXE, Sask.
FINALLY! I'd be interested in the 13 mini, but TBH, the refurb iPhone 11 128 GB isn't that bad for the price. ($639 CAD) Decisions, decisions!
Koodo $34 50 GB
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2018
3167 posts
3653 upvotes
Toronto
I just cannot justify that kind of price any longer, it's not like a faster phone realizes me any benefit in the real world. So I'll stick to my older iPhone X for a few years more, re a repair long before I buy new or get a refurb until prices come down to something reasonable.

I can buy a large screen smart tv for less than $1,000 easy, so not paying that or more for a cell phone that doesnt get me any benefit over my current model.
“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age.....and dreams are forever.”
Nov 30, 2016
389 posts
549 upvotes
Ontario
I’ll rather pay $100-$$150 extra and pick up an Apple refurb than playing the Kijiji lottery.

Not in the market for a new phone this year but Good post OP.
Sep 13, 2018
171 posts
313 upvotes
MadCatz wrote: I’ll rather pay $100-$$150 extra and pick up an Apple refurb than playing the Kijiji lottery.

Not in the market for a new phone this year but Good post OP.
I also assume that all these refurbished phones likely have a 100% on Battery Health which in itself is worth the extra money.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
3454 posts
3971 upvotes
Surrey
My current phone (XS Max Gold 256 GB) is listed for over $1000… 🤦🏽‍♂️

iPhone 11 price isn’t bad tho
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2721 posts
6217 upvotes
Mississauga
sassysue wrote: At this price may as well buy new I got my iPhone 11 64gb brand new for 240.00 with freedom. Have to be with a 2 yr term tho.
I love how people talk about value when it comes to freedom. I recently met up with a friend who uses Freedom, and he needed to scan a QR code to get into the patio area where we met up. His data was not working and kept clocking, and the waitresses, after like 5 mins, told him it was ok as she felt bad for him. Freedom is cheap for a reason. Personally, I would pay a bit more for a more reliable service.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1915 upvotes
TO
I'm on the verge of moving from Android Pixel 2XL at the moment, waiting for iPhone 13 to buy it locally but didn't see it at the stores, what would be a good time to buy knowing newer iPhones are never discounted ?

I'm with Koodo if it matters.
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
3454 posts
3971 upvotes
Surrey
jetertmac wrote: I love how people talk about value when it comes to freedom. I recently met up with a friend who uses Freedom, and he needed to scan a QR code to get into the patio area where we met up. His data was not working and kept clocking, and the waitresses, after like 5 mins, told him it was ok as she felt bad for him. Freedom is cheap for a reason. Personally, I would pay a bit more for a more reliable service.
Or $0 with Shaw’s Talk and text plan, for those who have Shaw and don’t need data
Nov 3, 2006
266 posts
337 upvotes
tossmy wrote: Even if the prices are bad it's a step in the right direction. That said, I buy used off ebay lol.
I used to always do this, or buy from a local selling their personal item, but almost got burned pretty bad last year. I don't think I'll ever buy an Apple product that way again
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4533 posts
5072 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
TorontoEh wrote: I'm on the verge of moving from Android Pixel 2XL at the moment, waiting for iPhone 13 to buy it locally but didn't see it at the stores, what would be a good time to buy knowing newer iPhones are never discounted ?

I'm with Koodo if it matters.
Best time to buy is to pre-order at launch. Not really discounted until a year later when they're replaced with a newer model lol. Will be in stores fairly soon if you want to see it in person, but with apple's generous return policy easy to just buy it and return it if you don't like it.
Mar 5, 2018
419 posts
231 upvotes
It's a joke, Apple takes trade-in iPhone 11 Pro Max for 580$ and resells for only 1,059$ :-)
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
henrik112 wrote: Or $0 with Shaw’s Talk and text plan, for those who have Shaw and don’t need data
Fyi, Shaw Mobile is an MVNO on the existing Freedom Mobile network.

Will have the same network coverage issues.
Destiny is all
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7848 posts
9214 upvotes
Vancouver
dinostars wrote: I used to always do this, or buy from a local selling their personal item, but almost got burned pretty bad last year. I don't think I'll ever buy an Apple product that way again
What happened?
Mar 5, 2018
617 posts
1327 upvotes
Montreal
I have an xs max 256gb that I bought from Kijiji since almost two years new at $800. Listed in the apple’s website at $1059 + tx. Definitely not good pricing there
Jan 2, 2015
744 posts
902 upvotes
Montréal area
RKD60520 wrote: I also assume that all these refurbished phones likely have a 100% on Battery Health which in itself is worth the extra money.
New exterior + new battery. It's worth it. Better than the open boxes at Best Buy and maybe a little cheaper.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5639 upvotes
Muskoka
Not bad

Too bad the 24 months interest free financing is not available like it is on the new iPhones
Public Mobile