Credit Cards

Apple Card in Canada?

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2022 9:20 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1482 posts
2350 upvotes

Apple Card in Canada?

Has anyone else noticed that you can apply for the Apple Card credit card in your iPhone Apple wallet now? I didn't think it was coming to Canada until next year. Anyone else seeing this in your iPhone Apple Wallet?
62 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14848 posts
6368 upvotes
Toronto, ON
frugalcanuck wrote: Has anyone else noticed that you can apply for the Apple Card credit card in your iPhone Apple wallet now? I didn't think it was coming to Canada until next year. Anyone else seeing this in your iPhone Apple Wallet?
Which iOS version are you running?
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2014
849 posts
924 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Surely this calls for a screenshot. Also, are you physically in Canada, and using a Canadian cell carrier? (i.e. not in US and/or using a US carrier)
Last edited by lefroset on Aug 23rd, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14848 posts
6368 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My iPhone XS is at 12.1.1 so I can't verify. All I see is the Apple Cash which can't be used in Canada. Hoping to be on 12.4 soon once the jailbreak for A12 devices is complete & released.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1482 posts
2350 upvotes
Yep, physically in Canada using Telus as carrier. Seems odd thinking it's in error.
Images
  • A78674A3-A9A6-4CCC-958D-BEFC268C7151.png
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2014
849 posts
924 upvotes
Southern Ontario
frugalcanuck wrote: Yep, physically in Canada using Telus as carrier. Seems odd thinking it's in error.
Also interesting is you have Pay Cash which isn't yet known or even planned to be available in Canada.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 7, 2017
1097 posts
632 upvotes
Did you buy your phone in US or have a US Apple ID or Apple ID account address in USA?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1482 posts
2350 upvotes
bend3r wrote: Did you buy your phone in US or have a US Apple ID or Apple ID account address in USA?
No - bought in Canada, Canadian iTunes acct.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14848 posts
6368 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lefroset wrote: Also interesting is you have Pay Cash which isn't yet known or even planned to be available in Canada.
I have the Apple Pay Cash card shown in the wallet but when you try to register it, you can't get past the address screen because it's expecting a zip code and won't allow you to continue.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 9, 2011
14032 posts
18302 upvotes
Vancouver
rvs007 wrote: I have the Apple Pay Cash card shown in the wallet but when you try to register it, you can't get past the address screen because it's expecting a zip code and won't allow you to continue.
Try the zip code gas station trick, use your postal code numbers and add 00 or 01 at the end. A1B 2C3 = 12300 or 12301

I'm not seeing any of this in my Apple Wallet.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14848 posts
6368 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kiraly wrote: Try the zip code gas station trick, use your postal code numbers and add 00 or 01 at the end. A1B 2C3 = 12300 or 12301

I'm not seeing any of this in my Apple Wallet.
Then it asks for the last four digits of my social security number and date of birth.... I don't think I'll be able to get past that screen as it does a real check I think.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14848 posts
6368 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OP, did you click the button to see if you can apply?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1482 posts
2350 upvotes
Not yet, but should give it a go. Suspect I'll get stopped out when it asks for same zip code info or SS #.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
3998 posts
2345 upvotes
Ottawa
frugalcanuck wrote: Not yet, but should give it a go. Suspect I'll get stopped out when it asks for same zip code info or SS #.
Dude.. What are you waiting for.. We all need to know Face With Tears Of Joy
You're a unicorn.. Unicorn Face Wear it..
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 24, 2016
8964 posts
9994 upvotes
The Prairies
So is the OP the only one seeing this?
I don’t see it anywhere, just my installed cards and passes.
OP, do you not have any credit cards installed for Apple Pay?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 24, 2016
8964 posts
9994 upvotes
The Prairies
frugalcanuck wrote: Yep, physically in Canada using Telus as carrier. Seems odd thinking it's in error.
You’re not technically using Telus as the carrier, as I see you’re connected to WI-FI.
Turn off the WI-FI, close the wallet, then bring it up again, see if it still appears.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1482 posts
2350 upvotes
coolintheshade wrote: You’re not technically using Telus as the carrier, as I see you’re connected to WI-FI.
Turn off the WI-FI, close the wallet, then bring it up again, see if it still appears.
Interesting..So Telus is my ISP, so using WIFI, they're still the carrier. ;) But sure enough when I turned off WIFI and used LTE, the Apple Card option disappeared, but the PayCash card is still there. Even when I turned WIFI back on the Apple Card didn't reappear. So much for that, the unicorn is dead. :)

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)