Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

Fasta : Intermittent Fasting App : Lifetime $0.00 FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2021 6:33 pm
Feb 6, 2015
225 posts
130 upvotes
Calgary
thompson12 wrote: I need to eat 3 meals a day plus some snacks or I get hangry…… irritable, light headed, malaise etc. other than religious reasons and/or digestion issues, why would you want to fast? Just curious as I don’t know much about it.
I'd argue that some people fast to address those concerns, in addition to concerns with brain fog, cravings, weight gain, and many other health concerns. Fasting is more complex (although not hard to understand), and it's not synonymous of starving yourself. It helps your body cope better, assuming you're also eating the right things.

If you're truely interested, YouTube is your best friend. Dr. Berg on YouTube also makes great videos, relating to diets, insulin, etc. Although his lifestyle is a bit extreme, I like the information.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
skarycat wrote: In your case, I would NOT recommend IF for you. The little research done on it says it'll impact your performance significantly and you have need of higher energy and nutritional needs.
I did Keto for 3+ years ago, and with lots of protein, and yet my gym performance was deterioriting. I ended up getting off Keto, and moved to carbs, and low to mid fat, and same protein, and gym performance is at least 3x what it was before.

And I am leaner now and have more muscle as result as well. Fasting / IF are good to reduce calories, but if one is working out to gain muscle and improve body (with reasonable weight), no need to be in a major deficit.
Mar 4, 2021
9 posts
4 upvotes
Miguel wrote: Please don't do this. Download "My Fitness Pal" for free and just track your calories. Build a lifestyle, don't follow a fad.
Fad? Theirs a lot of science behind IF. I've doing it for over 8 years.
Sep 7, 2018
294 posts
782 upvotes
Drakestar wrote: If you’d like to become more informed, because you are obviously ignorant on the subject, I’d suggest that you read Toronto’s own Dr. Jason Fung’s book, “The Obesity Code” and watch some of his videos.
BAhahahaha....that guy is a joke.

he's about as knowledgeable as "Dr" Berg.

If you want science backed evidence from a PHD check out to Layne Norton (Biolayne) as was posted earlier.
Dec 1, 2003
608 posts
250 upvotes
Ottawa
thompson12 wrote: I need to eat 3 meals a day plus some snacks or I get hangry…… irritable, light headed, malaise etc. other than religious reasons and/or digestion issues, why would you want to fast? Just curious as I don’t know much about it.
Intermittent fasting has tons of benefit ( lower insulin, cleanse toxins etc...tons of article online). Our body is not suppose to be constantly eat. Fasting will be hard for first few times but once you train your body..you will get used to it. Fully digestive cycle can take 24-48 hours yet eating constantly eating will make your digestive system over work.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
2004 posts
1181 upvotes
London
wanchor wrote: BAhahahaha....that guy is a joke.

he's about as knowledgeable as "Dr" Berg.

If you want science backed evidence from a PHD check out to Layne Norton (Biolayne) as was posted earlier.
We'll just have to disagree. That's fine.
Oct 31, 2018
113 posts
228 upvotes
Downloaded to claim the lifetime if I ever need it in the future. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2012
2484 posts
3179 upvotes
Ottawa
I don't do IF lifestyle thing. But I fast mainly for religious reasons. The main advantage is gaining willpower. Being able to deny certain foods and drinks and feeling okay with it and not feeling like it's for a diet or to get fit or whatever reason.

I also consider it training. If I can go an entire day without eating or drinking and feel perfectly fine, without any cravings etc., then I can survive that very low chance, very rare moment of being lost in the woods. Of losing all my food on a hike and not having any sustenance to get back. Of getting stranded in my car during a blizzard. Far out ideas.

As for feeling irritable, light-headed and all that, it's because you're not used to it. The first few days are intense. You will feel off. But then you get used to it. And there's moments where I've gone 16/18 hours and I have to tell myself to eat because my body doesn't remind me.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2019
1145 posts
1884 upvotes
Canada
What you said is exactly what ON dietitians say https://www.unlockfood.ca/en/Articles/W ... eight.aspx
When you fast for a long time, you may:

Become dehydrated
Get headaches
Become weak and dizzy
Be low in nutrients
Lose muscle
Have lower immune function
BTW, in ON you can consult a dietitian for free through Telehealth Ontario ( 1-866-797-0000 ): https://www.torontocentralhealthline.ca ... ?id=203262
Aug 7, 2021
153 posts
619 upvotes
Miguel wrote: Please don't do this. Download "My Fitness Pal" for free and just track your calories. Build a lifestyle, don't follow a fad.
Something being too difficult for you doesn't make said thing a fad. Fasting has part of our evolutionary process and our bodies are "designed" to fast. Please educate yourself.
Nov 5, 2018
61 posts
129 upvotes
Toronto
Recommend watching Dr. Eric Berg. Eat less and healthy is the key to success
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
"They ate healthy and died young". So many of my friends...all gone now...
Dec 1, 2006
113 posts
39 upvotes
wanchor wrote: Bruhhh, cmon. Hes not even a real doctor lmao

his own son calling him out
Really if you're going to judge off credentials and education, you should listen to Dr Jason Fung.

Though tbh all 3 of them (Fung, Berg, Layne) give very similar information
Sep 16, 2016
36 posts
103 upvotes
Deal Expired. Shows 80% off now, but the initial price is also jacked up to $70. So still asking for $14. No Thanks, Mr. Akash Jain! Nice Try. I was mildly curious when it was free but not paying a penny for this.
Feb 11, 2019
394 posts
754 upvotes
Gatineau
For IOS only... /puke

:rolleyes:
😄 Public Mobile 34$/50GB 5G CANADA/USA 😄
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
6228 posts
1592 upvotes
Toronto
You guys need an app to monitor what/when you are eating?

Let me download an app which will tell me when to poop
Last edited by test9251 on Dec 26th, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)