• Last Updated:
  • Feb 10th, 2019 3:34 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1446 posts
833 upvotes
Prince George

Apple Final Cut Pro Student Purchase & Update Question

One question to ask here for a photography/media student: if a student purchases apple bundle edition of FCP,does it keep update forever or like Android will keep it only for two years?

I know when purchased,it is permanent,but I am not sure of how long it will keep updated and receives support.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
According to the FAQ section on the product page, this bundle is yours to keep once installed. You can call their CS to confirm and it is the only sure way to.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19726 posts
28591 upvotes
Vancouver
Apple never pushes out updates for its software indefinitely. Support is always dropped eventually. Typically Apple will support the current and previous version of any software. Two or more versions back tend to be unsupported and no updates are released. But there are always exceptions and there is no way to know for sure until the inevitable date comes.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2014
1446 posts
833 upvotes
Prince George
I called them and got the answer.Version ten of the software has been released since 2013.There is no upcoming release date and nothing has been announced for version eleven so far.

When version eleven get released,and after few years of its release date,version ten will no longer receive any updates.I have been told it will be roughly(maximum) until 2030.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)