Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

Free Apple Music for up to 6 months (new users only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2020 9:38 pm
Jul 4, 2018
46 posts
34 upvotes
Ottawa
obscura wrote: I get the offer after Shazam-ing a few songs, but when I tap it, it says "Oops... this device is not supported."
Same here on my iPad. I read some other threads and other iPad users also said it didn’t work. Seems like this is iPhone exclusive unfortunately.
Nov 21, 2012
712 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
ProfSmoak wrote: Same here on my iPad. I read some other threads and other iPad users also said it didn’t work. Seems like this is iPhone exclusive unfortunately.
Indeed, I'm on an iPad.
Aug 14, 2010
612 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
Worked for me, got 6 free months. Thanks OP
Dec 18, 2011
30 posts
225 upvotes
NORTH YORK
If you used the Apple Music trial in the past you only get 3 months. If you haven't, you get 3 months from Apple and 3 months from Shazam (which Apple owns).

Once you get it, you can go to settings on your iOS device, click on your name under the search bar > subscriptions > cancel Music subscription. This way it won't auto renew.

Enjoy!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
I'm seeing Cancel free trial. Not seeing cancel renewal. It says your service will cancel immediately if you cancel your trial. Still looking for turning off autorenewal...

Yep, cancelled the service completely. Ah well...
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2391 posts
683 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Thanks OP. Got 6 months after 1 song in Shazam. Even though I already have Spotify Premium, I wouldn't mind checking out AM. I'll have to remember to cancel by May 31.

I already really like AM's lyrics integration. Spotify sucks in this regard.
Jul 20, 2012
28 posts
1 upvote
Winnipeg
It worked for me, but took a few tries to get it to fully activate.
Dec 16, 2004
860 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
Does this work with an Apple Music Family plan so up to 6 users can get the 3/6 months free? Or would everybody have to redeem individually?
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
23201 posts
2328 upvotes
Singapore
bomb3rs wrote: If you used the Apple Music trial in the past you only get 3 months. If you haven't, you get 3 months from Apple and 3 months from Shazam (which Apple owns).

Once you get it, you can go to settings on your iOS device, click on your name under the search bar > subscriptions > cancel Music subscription. This way it won't auto renew.

Enjoy!
How do you get keeping the trials to work? I've cancelled my previous subscription for a while now and when I try to do another trial, I get a message telling me that I had used a trial before. I did this from an Android phone. Not sure if it's any different on an iPhone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)