Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Apple] Get an Apple Store Gift Card of up to $280 on select products.*Friday through Monday

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 10:44 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
2859 posts
2240 upvotes
Montreal

[Apple] Get an Apple Store Gift Card of up to $280 on select products.*Friday through Monday

Looks ok if you wanna buy a Mac! Rarely goes on sale. Does not say all the details yet.
Images
  • upload.jpg
Thread Summary
https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/gifts/shopping-event

-iPhone XR - $70 GC
-iPhone 8/8+ - $70
-Apple Watch Series 3 - $35
-AirPods (with or without wireless case) - $35
-iPad Pro - $140
-iPad Air - $70
-iPad Mini - $70
-13" MacBook Pro - $280
-MacBook Air - $140
-iMac - $280
-iMac Pro - $280
-Apple TV - $35
-HomePod - $70
-Powerbeats Pro - $70
-Studio3 - $140
-Solo3 Icon/Club - $70
-Powerbeats3 - $70

iPhones, iPads, MacBooks/iMacs, and Apple TVs also get you a year of Apple TV+ for free (not specifically a Black Friday offer, but it is still a valid offer).
106 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3687 posts
3360 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Hmmm, so it shows an Apple Watch and they only sell the Series 3 and 5 at this point so that might be an interesting thing.

Probably more likely to be Series 3 but I wonder how much it'd be worth given they're only $260 base now.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1886 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto
Probably need to spend like 3K to get $280 gift card.
Ok if you planning already to buy a Mac and you want to put that towards AppleCare or an Apple watch.
Dec 20, 2012
989 posts
805 upvotes
Surrey
blindemboss wrote: Probably need to spend like 3K to get $280 gift card.
Ok if you planning already to buy a Mac and you want to put that towards AppleCare or an Apple watch.
Anyone have an idea what giftcard they would give with an Apple Watch series 5? Maybe an iPhone XR as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
3253 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
Probably similar to last year (some minor changes to models but I doubt they’ll change much with the bonus):
Apple Store Black Friday 2018

Gift cards with select purchases. No gift cards with iPhone X, XR or Apple Watch 4

$35 gift card with Apple TV
$70 gift card with Apple Watch 3 and Homepod
$70 gift card with iPhone 7 and 8
$70 gift card with Beats headphones
$140 gift card with iPad
$280 gift card with Mac

If you didn’t care about warranty, stacking it with the 10% GC bonus at Oxford properties made it a pretty good deal for a lot of items (can easily burn through that at Yorkdale on luxury stuff). Too bad it’s only a 5% bonus this year but that’s still a worthwhile consideration I think for some people.
Dec 20, 2012
989 posts
805 upvotes
Surrey
LegiT wrote: Probably similar to last year (some minor changes to models but I doubt they’ll change much with the bonus):

Gift cards with select purchases. No gift cards with iPhone X, XR or Apple Watch 4

$140 gift card with iPad
$280 gift card with Mac

If you didn’t care about warranty, stacking it with the 10% GC bonus at Oxford properties made it a pretty good deal for a lot of items (can easily burn through that at Yorkdale on luxury stuff). Too bad it’s only a 5% bonus this year but that’s still a worthwhile consideration I think for some people.
So no gift cards on items most people would probably want. Good to know Unamused Face
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1886 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto
LegiT wrote: Probably similar to last year (some minor changes to models but I doubt they’ll change much with the bonus):

$140 gift card with iPad
$280 gift card with Mac

Do you recall if items from their refurbished section qualify?
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
3253 posts
293 upvotes
Toronto
blindemboss wrote: Do you recall if items from their refurbished section qualify?
Nope, excluded refurb and educational pricing.
Nov 10, 2014
43 posts
18 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Will consider it if the iPad pros get you a $280 gift card.
Jun 12, 2008
983 posts
437 upvotes
Ripley
LegiT wrote: Nope, excluded refurb and educational pricing.
The MacBook Pro I'm looking at with education pricing is $327.70 cheaper (including apple care and tax) than regular price. I'm glad I did the math.
Jan 19, 2018
42 posts
5 upvotes
MacBook Air 2019 13" (128 Gb) is going for $1,349 ($100 off) at Staples - stack that with a 10% coupon code, you will get the new air for $1,214+tax. Pretty sure apple won't be this generous on the 2019 Air.
Jun 14, 2017
255 posts
173 upvotes
Montreal
Don't forget you'll get 7x the Aeroplan on black Friday. Even if you're going the education route get the 7-10% in AP.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8357 posts
3796 upvotes
Markham

$140 gift card with iPad
$280 gift card with Mac

No GC on apple watch 5?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
2909 posts
734 upvotes
Mars

$140 gift card with iPad
$280 gift card with Mac

for 280 with Mac, does this apply to the new macbook pro 16". iMac etc?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3687 posts
3360 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Does anyone remember what the price of the Series 3 was at this time last year?

Since they didn't include the 4 last year, it'd be a minor miracle if the 5 was eligible this year, but given the Series 3 is now only $260 base I wonder if the GC would be even less than $70...

I have $330 in GCs to the store...I really do want the 5 over the 3, but if factoring in the Gift Card effectively makes the price difference like $400+ there's no way I can justify that lol.