Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

Get an Apple Store Gift Card of up to $280 on select products.*Friday through Monday

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 10:44 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 26, 2019
10 posts
2 upvotes
RahulSarna wrote: MacBook Air 2019 13" (128 Gb) is going for $1,349 ($100 off) at Staples - stack that with a 10% coupon code, you will get the new air for $1,214+tax. Pretty sure apple won't be this generous on the 2019 Air.
Well 10% code is dead now. So no luck.
Nov 26, 2019
10 posts
2 upvotes
DanielG31092 wrote: Is there anything stopping anyone from buying an iPad for example and then immediately returning it, or at a later date while pocketing the gift card?
I am pretty sure they will deduct and give you the refund :D
Nov 5, 2019
20 posts
55 upvotes
DanielG31092 wrote: Is there anything stopping anyone from buying an iPad for example and then immediately returning it, or at a later date while pocketing the gift card?
Yes, the agreement upon purchase Face With Tears Of Joy

PROCEDURES RELATED TO PRODUCT RETURNS AND EXCHANGES: Returns and exchanges are subject to the policy and consumer law of the Qualifying Location where the purchase was made. The Apple Store Gift Card received with the purchase of an Eligible Product must be returned with such Eligible Product in order to receive a full refund for that purchase. If the Apple Store Gift Card is missing, is not returned or has been redeemed, the full original value of the Apple Store Gift Card will be deducted from the exchange or refund of the Eligible Product.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1197 posts
272 upvotes
LegiT wrote: Probably similar to last year (some minor changes to models but I doubt they’ll change much with the bonus):
Apple Store Black Friday 2018

Gift cards with select purchases. No gift cards with iPhone X, XR or Apple Watch 4

$35 gift card with Apple TV
$70 gift card with Apple Watch 3 and Homepod
$70 gift card with iPhone 7 and 8
$70 gift card with Beats headphones
$140 gift card with iPad
$280 gift card with Mac

If you didn’t care about warranty, stacking it with the 10% GC bonus at Oxford properties made it a pretty good deal for a lot of items (can easily burn through that at Yorkdale on luxury stuff). Too bad it’s only a 5% bonus this year but that’s still a worthwhile consideration I think for some people.
Aside from the 2018 information posted earlier, do we know the tiers of the bonus offer for 2019? Just wondering if 2019 is the same tier as 2018
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3848 posts
3601 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
notmylover wrote: gift card is only for the next purchase. So unless you need another Apple product it's not really a good deal. Prob just buy another Apple product with the gift card and resell it on Kijiji
Pretty sure you can also use it to buy AppleCare+ in a separate transaction immediately after.

Apple Watch Series 3 AC+ cost is only $65 for 2 years, so if by some miraculous chance it still ends up in the $70 tier for GCs it's basically free, which for something you wear on your wrist and will probably smack into hard objects/surfaces on occasion seems like a pretty decent deal.
Jul 23, 2009
903 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
Would be hot if they let you use the value of the GC towards the purchase ($429-140 for the iPad 10.2 would be nice).
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41464 posts
6507 upvotes
KinGzCHB wrote: Nope, if you BUY an iPad they'll give you a $140 GC.
Ah okay. So technically we are getting “$140 off”?
Proud to be an Indian.
Jun 15, 2011
41464 posts
6507 upvotes
savercanuck91 wrote: Would be hot if they let you use the value of the GC towards the purchase ($429-140 for the iPad 10.2 would be nice).
Still better than the other Big Box retailer deal.
Proud to be an Indian.
5785 posts
1911 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Still better than the other Big Box retailer deal.
Last yr is $140 gift card off the iPad Pro (it was off the older model, not the most up to the date one at that time), & $70 gift card off the regular iPad. Apple gave no discount off the regular price, whereas other retailers were giving a discount, making it the same price basically from what I remember. Difference was, you have to use the $70 gift card off a future Apple purchase, whereas other big box retailers you got the discount instantly, without future purchase needed, so Apple's deal was not as good IMO
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3848 posts
3601 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I wish Apple was cool and started their sale today like everyone else has
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
41464 posts
6507 upvotes
HP_John wrote: Last yr is $140 gift card off the iPad Pro (it was off the older model, not the most up to the date one at that time), & $70 gift card off the regular iPad. Apple gave no discount off the regular price, whereas other retailers were giving a discount, making it the same price basically from what I remember. Difference was, you have to use the $70 gift card off a future Apple purchase, whereas other big box retailers you got the discount instantly, without future purchase needed, so Apple's deal was not as good IMO
So this is not a good deal then, compared to the current Big Box Retailers deals? I.e. $349.99 or $369.99 before taxes. I think only one retailer is offering a GC for their store.
Proud to be an Indian.
1921 posts
560 upvotes
Toronto
According to Macrumors, Apple's Black Friday sale happening now in Australia. This is what they guess the US sale will be. So multiply by 1.35 or so to estimate what we'll get here in Canada.

Based on that, gift card amounts in the U.S. should be around the following:
$200 for 13-inch MacBook Pro, iMac, or iMac Pro
$100 for MacBook Air
$100 for iPad Pro
$100 for Beats Studio3 Wireless
$50 for SIM-free iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone XR
$50 for 10.5-inch iPad Air or iPad mini 5
$50 for HomePod
$50 for Beats Solo3 Wireless, Powerbeats3 Wireless, or Powerbeats Pro
$25 for Apple Watch Series 3, regular AirPods, Apple TV 4K, or Apple TV HD
Last edited by blindemboss on Nov 28th, 2019 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mar 6, 2019
158 posts
190 upvotes
MathieuG11789 wrote: I bought a macbook last friday can I redeem the deal since I have 14 days to return the laptop?
If you bought last Friday from Apple check if your return date has changed, you fall under the holiday return period which is until Jan. 8th.

But yes, you can take your laptop in (with the box) to return and get this deal. If you want to keep your laptop they can do the return as “closed box” so they can resell the same one to you. Saves the hassle of transferring data!
Mar 6, 2019
158 posts
190 upvotes
blindemboss wrote: According to Macrumors, Apple's Black Friday sale happening now in Australia. This is what they guess the US sale will be. So multiply by 1.35 or so to estimate what we'll get here in Canada.

Based on that, gift card amounts in the U.S. should be around the following:
$200 for 13-inch MacBook Pro, iMac, or iMac Pro
$100 for MacBook Air
$100 for iPad Pro
$100 for Beats Studio3 Wireless
$50 for SIM-free iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone XR
$50 for 10.5-inch iPad Air or iPad mini 5
$50 for HomePod
$50 for Beats Solo3 Wireless, Powerbeats3 Wireless, or Powerbeats Pro
$25 for Apple Watch Series 3, regular AirPods, Apple TV 4K, or Apple TV HD
No 16 inch MBP, guess I don’t have to worry about going to the Apple Store during lunch now!