Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2019

[Apple] Get an Apple Store Gift Card of up to $280 on select products.*Friday through Monday

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 10:44 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 6, 2007
501 posts
193 upvotes
CAPRICA
Captainlin wrote: Anyone actually received the gift card email. I bought an iPad mini, no gift card email has been received, even it showed delivered online.
same situation, apple store employee told me to wait till tomorrow then call in and check
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2005
1023 posts
148 upvotes
About to order an iMac. Just wanted to confirm that I can use the gift card to purchase Apple care +.
Apr 11, 2012
87 posts
36 upvotes
TORONTO
insync44 wrote: Purchased an Open Box Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS), Aluminum Steel Grey, for $350 from BB itself. Easy to return, if defective. It looked like it was never worn. The Straps were still in the box.
I first bought the Series 3. It was good but next to the Series 5 looks really old fashioned and much smaller. BTW it was Nike. I think that version is a better value. You get a few more watch faces.
Wow this is a great deal. Was this online or in store?
Apr 21, 2008
85 posts
11 upvotes
wanton007 wrote: About to order an iMac. Just wanted to confirm that I can use the gift card to purchase Apple care +.
Can confirm, I used my $35 from an AppleTV purchase to offset cost of Applecare+ for my Airpods Pro. I did this in store but no reason it shouldn't work online .
Oct 26, 2012
842 posts
1235 upvotes
insync44 wrote: Purchased an Open Box Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS), Aluminum Steel Grey, for $350 from BB itself. Easy to return, if defective. It looked like it was never worn. The Straps were still in the box.
I first bought the Series 3. It was good but next to the Series 5 looks really old fashioned and much smaller. BTW it was Nike. I think that version is a better value. You get a few more watch faces.
How did you get an AW Series 5 for $350 if they are selling the S4 brand new for $470 and the open box S4 for $400? Also BB repackages everything as if it wasn't worn, they have a really good refurb process.
Jan 12, 2017
7 posts
3 upvotes
Is it really worth this deal to get an Ipad pro 11?
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14194 posts
5391 upvotes
Ottawa
remblack wrote: Is it really worth this deal to get an Ipad pro 11?
The problem with this deal is that you have to pay full price and then you get your discount. So getting $140 off a Future Purchase. If you want just a straight discount, wait for another 10% staples coupon. You will almost save as much money if you live in a province with high sales tax

Let's say you live in Ontario and wanted a iPad Pro11" 256GB
Apple store: $1199 + HST = $1355. You get $140 off on a future purchase. So you end up paying $1214 over two purchases
Staples: $1199 - 10% + HST = $1219 over 1 purchase

I'd rather go with Staples
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Dec 4, 2010
161 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
Might have been mentioned but airmilesshops has 20x airmiles site wide. If my math is correct that would be another $100 or so in airmiles back on the purchase of an iPad pro for example.

Edit: also I think any purchase over$100 counts towards shop the block as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2009
1289 posts
427 upvotes
I ordered an Ipad Pro and I got my gift card as soon as it was shipped however I see apple has charged my credit card for the exact value of the gift card at first I thought maybe this is a hold until you get past the return period however this morning I see the charge went through which means apple would have to refund me the difference.

Is this how they've always operated with their CC's or should I call apple or my credit card company about this?
Dec 4, 2010
161 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
u0dcameron wrote: I ordered an Ipad Pro and I got my gift card as soon as it was shipped however I see apple has charged my credit card for the exact value of the gift card at first I thought maybe this is a hold until you get past the return period however this morning I see the charge went through which means apple would have to refund me the difference.

Is this how they've always operated with their CC's or should I call apple or my credit card company about this?
I ordered a pro as well. It looks like they discounted $140 from the selling price and then turned around and did second charge for the $140 to balance it out. Very weird but the math checks out I think. Check your receipt and corresponding charges.

I suspect they did this so you didn't have to pay tax on the gift card. In actuality you save a couple extra bucks I think since you're only paying tax on the discounted iPad amount
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2009
1289 posts
427 upvotes
Bellysnout wrote: I ordered a pro as well. It looks like they discounted $140 from the selling price and then turned around and did second charge for the $140 to balance it out. Very weird but the math checks out I think. Check your receipt and corresponding charges.

I suspect they did this so you didn't have to pay tax on the gift card. In actuality you save a couple extra bucks I think since you're only paying tax on the discounted iPad amount
I called them this morning and your right, very weird for sure.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1632 posts
306 upvotes
BC
cmyster15 wrote: Wow this is a great deal. Was this online or in store?
Online. Got it the night before Black Friday. I, too, thought it was a mistake. Maybe it was. Am loving the always on feature.
If you tell the truth you don’t have to remember anything. – Mark Twain