Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

Get an Apple Store Gift Card of up to $280 on select products.*Friday through Monday

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2019 10:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2009
1474 posts
734 upvotes
I ordered an Ipad Pro and I got my gift card as soon as it was shipped however I see apple has charged my credit card for the exact value of the gift card at first I thought maybe this is a hold until you get past the return period however this morning I see the charge went through which means apple would have to refund me the difference.

Is this how they've always operated with their CC's or should I call apple or my credit card company about this?
Dec 4, 2010
208 posts
133 upvotes
Ottawa
u0dcameron wrote: I ordered an Ipad Pro and I got my gift card as soon as it was shipped however I see apple has charged my credit card for the exact value of the gift card at first I thought maybe this is a hold until you get past the return period however this morning I see the charge went through which means apple would have to refund me the difference.

Is this how they've always operated with their CC's or should I call apple or my credit card company about this?
I ordered a pro as well. It looks like they discounted $140 from the selling price and then turned around and did second charge for the $140 to balance it out. Very weird but the math checks out I think. Check your receipt and corresponding charges.

I suspect they did this so you didn't have to pay tax on the gift card. In actuality you save a couple extra bucks I think since you're only paying tax on the discounted iPad amount
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2009
1474 posts
734 upvotes
Bellysnout wrote: I ordered a pro as well. It looks like they discounted $140 from the selling price and then turned around and did second charge for the $140 to balance it out. Very weird but the math checks out I think. Check your receipt and corresponding charges.

I suspect they did this so you didn't have to pay tax on the gift card. In actuality you save a couple extra bucks I think since you're only paying tax on the discounted iPad amount
I called them this morning and your right, very weird for sure.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
2045 posts
638 upvotes
BC
cmyster15 wrote: Wow this is a great deal. Was this online or in store?
Online. Got it the night before Black Friday. I, too, thought it was a mistake. Maybe it was. Am loving the always on feature.
“The difference between humans and animals? Animals would never allow the dumbest ones to lead the pack.”
Oct 11, 2019
990 posts
1225 upvotes
brensavoyton wrote: Is this still active if i buy an ipad pro?
No they’re done. You should look at their refurbished section for iPads as they’re a better value. Apple Certified refurbished are basically brand new everything (exterior, battery) except internal components and are thoroughly tested and include AppleCare.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2013
1685 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
snyp1193 wrote: No they’re done. You should look at their refurbished section for iPads as they’re a better value. Apple Certified refurbished are basically brand new everything (exterior, battery) except internal components and are thoroughly tested and include AppleCare.
thank you i completely forgot about that, was going to wait for a 10% of staples or some sale at costco