Price:
Free
Savings:
100%
Expiry:
December 31, 2019
Retailer:
Apple/Google stores
This is a subscription service, all premium content is unlocked until December 31st.

Seems like a great way to get into meditation. I've been listening to the theory section and it's pretty interesting. They have a guided meditations section for children as well. It has a subscription service that is normally $100+usd per year, but its now free until the end of the year.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... up.android

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/waking-up ... 1307736395
Last edited by Skillshot on Dec 14th, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1216 posts
2528 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
So is it free for the next 17 days and then you start paying to access content after dec 31st or is all content going to remain free in perpetuity if you download it now?
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
[OP]
May 6, 2014
103 posts
214 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
It seems there is always some free content though there is additional content that is only available through subscription. You wont be charged unless you subscribe but I imagine you'll be locked out of the paid content once the promo ends.
Dec 28, 2011
877 posts
428 upvotes
Victoria
Not very useful if you have to start paying Dec 31st, it's always free to download.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1090 posts
1665 upvotes
Unless it's FREE 100% for life, it's NOT a hot deal by any means.....
$50 15GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk and Text - Rogers
$22.99 1GB data w/ Unlimited Canada Talk/Text Canada - Public Mobile
$0.00 a month w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk / $9.99 6 months texting (FREE using Google Rewards) - Fongo Mobile App
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1127 posts
852 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
You should specify free limited trial... Pretty important distinction here.

Wish it was completely free!
Last edited by OutsideYourWorld on Dec 14th, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
[OP]
May 6, 2014
103 posts
214 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
KenAdams wrote: Unless it's FREE 100% for life, it's NOT a hot deal by any means.....
I figure since meditation is a skill anyone can learn maybe some would benefit greatly from a few weeks of free content.
OutsideYourWorld wrote: You should specify free limited trial... Pretty important distinction here.
Fair point, done.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9209 posts
4498 upvotes
Markham
kungfulu wrote: Not very useful if you have to start paying Dec 31st, it's always free to download.
That's why you shouldn't have new year resolutions.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1090 posts
1665 upvotes
Skillshot wrote: I figure since meditation is a skill anyone can learn maybe some would benefit greatly from a few weeks of free content.
I believe the word your looking for is... YouTube. But I'll give you credit that your heart was in the right place. But your wallet wasn't.
$0.00 a month w/ Unlimited Canada Wide Talk / $9.99 6 months texting (FREE using Google Rewards) - Fongo Mobile App
Sep 21, 2007
56 posts
5 upvotes
This is an especially good app for mindfulness meditation. It might not be a hot deal in terms of price by RFD standards but in terms of usefulness I consider even the regular price to be quite worthwhile.
Mar 27, 2015
40 posts
75 upvotes
T2Y 4B3
Paying subscription will give stress to a true RFD'er.
Apr 26, 2019
335 posts
424 upvotes
KenAdams wrote: Unless it's FREE 100% for life, it's NOT a hot deal by any means.....
So according to you, only freebie deals are allowed on RFD now?
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2018
1090 posts
1665 upvotes
GordonGartrelle wrote: So according to you, only freebie deals are allowed on RFD now?
So according to you, getting a free trial for a few weeks and having to pay $9.99 - $129.99 per item is a hot deal?
Apr 26, 2019
335 posts
424 upvotes
KenAdams wrote: So according to you, getting a free trial for a few weeks and having to pay $9.99 - $129.99 per item is a hot deal?
Nope, because I didn't say that. You, however, said it's not a hot deal unless it's 100% free for life. Must be some new criteria for hot deals that I wasn't aware of.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7187 posts
1202 upvotes
Toronto
scv wrote: I like Insight Timer. It has thousands of free guided meditations, along with the timer. While there is a subscription option, it's not required. I've been using the free version for years now.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... timerlite2
Thanks for the tip! I see it's very highly rated. I did have a free HeadSpace trial for a while, but too expensive to continue. Free is great!
Apr 25, 2014
175 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Poutinesauce wrote: https://www.insider.com/why-meditation- ... bad-2018-3

Some harmful side effects of meditation
Not a fan of meditation myself, and it is always good to have other points of view. But, one study is not enough for those claims, there are tons of studies saying otherwise.

That being said, it is good to read it and keep it in mind in case you start feeling some of the alleged side effects.