Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] iPad Pro 11" ($729) and 12.9" ($899) Refurbished 64GB and 256GB

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2020 3:51 pm
Aug 22, 2019
92 posts
45 upvotes
Sephora wrote: I just picked up the Apple Smart Keyboard Folio from Costco for $149, and it’s a night and day difference compared to the Logitech.

I fully agree with your points above. While I don’t have the pencil yet, the keyboard on the Apple is mushier and lacks backlighting and the function row. However, the design alone is enough to have me stick with it. The iPad Pro is new for me from the iPad Air 2 I was using, and keeping the Pro in the Logitech case really hid the new form factor and design. The Apple keyboard, for all its faults (and I’m already missing keystrokes...), really lets the aesthetics of the iPad shine through. Also, it’s much easier to disconnect the iPad from the Apple keyboard, which I like.
I agree with you too.

They’re two different keyboards that will fill the needs of two different customer-usage types.

For people who use the Apple Pencil a lot I personally recommend the Logitech. And if you value a good typing experience esp if you’re typing a lot.

Otherwise the ASK stays true to the iPad Pro intended design and form factor. It’s nice to have the portability and slimness, and also yes it’s easier to remove. As I mentioned when I just had the pencil stuck to the side and threw it into my bag the pencil would 90% fall off and end up in my bag somewhere at the bottom. And I didn’t feel good about it because I know somewhere down the road with my habits I would lose it lol.

It’s a shame the ASK couldn’t have a feature to secure the pencil.

Also another thing is price $100 vs $150 plus tax.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
5765 posts
1929 upvotes
arusabalbata wrote: I agree with you too.

They’re two different keyboards that will fill the needs of two different customer-usage types.

For people who use the Apple Pencil a lot I personally recommend the Logitech. And if you value a good typing experience esp if you’re typing a lot.

Otherwise the ASK stays true to the iPad Pro intended design and form factor. It’s nice to have the portability and slimness, and also yes it’s easier to remove. As I mentioned when I just had the pencil stuck to the side and threw it into my bag the pencil would 90% fall off and end up in my bag somewhere at the bottom. And I didn’t feel good about it because I know somewhere down the road with my habits I would lose it lol.

It’s a shame the ASK couldn’t have a feature to secure the pencil.

Also another thing is price $100 vs $150 plus tax.
Does anyone make a case for the apple pencil so it doesn't get damaged?
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
5765 posts
1929 upvotes
Are the apps usable for both sizes of ipad or do I have to buy one for each?

Is there any way to track the canadian prices of the app for discounts as opposed to usd?
Apr 26, 2009
624 posts
451 upvotes
Calgary
vivibaby wrote: Does anyone make a case for the apple pencil so it doesn't get damaged?
There are a few on amazon where there is a spot the pencil tucks into at the side. Some will allow it to charge too. I had something like that for the 9.7.
Nov 7, 2014
136 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Received my 12.9 64gb Silver today. In the fence to return it as it's really too big. If anyone in Vancouver are interested I will sell it at cost. BNIB. Wrapping still attached.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 29, 2008
6497 posts
2450 upvotes
Montreal
vivibaby wrote: Where is the source that says the front and back camera is better? It's the same according to wiki aside from lidar.
I removed that front camera is better, but back camera is better.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.digital ... 018/%3famp

« The 2020 iPad Pro’s most meaningful upgrade may well be its new camera features. While the 2018 iPad Pro offered a single-lens 12-megapixel rear-facing camera, the new model offers a 12-megapixel primary lens, a 10-megapixel ultrawide lens, and a Lidar sensor. The new sensor can come in handy for augmented reality applications. That may be more helpful for some users than for others, but it’s a clear upgrade that makes sense on the iPad.

For most, the front-facing camera will be more important, and there is no upgrade to be found there. Like the 2018 model, the 2020 model of the iPad Pro offers a 7-megapixel front-facing camera.« 
Deal Fanatic
Apr 25, 2006
5907 posts
937 upvotes
Also have a 12.9" im Toronto downtown if anyone wants at cost. Space grey 64gb like new in box
"If you make a mistake but then change your ways, it is like never having made a mistake at all" - Confucius
Sep 7, 2003
635 posts
223 upvotes
Got a couple extra 12.9 and 11 for cost as well. In Edmonton but would ship to you and save you PST. PM if you're interested and I'll tell you what I have.
Mar 20, 2013
931 posts
417 upvotes
Scarborough
I bought an 11 inch by impulse, but I am not very convinced by it. Most probably I will return it. If any of you want to have it at cost I am more than happy to give it to you. Just for you to know it's opened, with charger and cable still untouched. I've setup the tablet, but obviously I will reset it for you. I am located in Scarborough.
Apr 24, 2018
77 posts
89 upvotes
Ontario
vistokid wrote: Got a couple extra 12.9 and 11 for cost as well. In Edmonton but would ship to you and save you PST. PM if you're interested and I'll tell you what I have.
PM'ed.
Dec 3, 2019
18 posts
40 upvotes
vistokid wrote: Got a couple extra 12.9 and 11 for cost as well. In Edmonton but would ship to you and save you PST. PM if you're interested and I'll tell you what I have.
Harpagon wrote: I bought an 11 inch by impulse, but I am not very convinced by it. Most probably I will return it. If any of you want to have it at cost I am more than happy to give it to you. Just for you to know it's opened, with charger and cable still untouched. I've setup the tablet, but obviously I will reset it for you. I am located in Scarborough.
PMs sent!
Dec 24, 2018
419 posts
373 upvotes
Canada
What condition did the tablet come in? Were there any scratches or dents? I have never ordered refurbished products from apple store so quite curious.
Penalty Box
May 15, 2016
5765 posts
1929 upvotes
FlyingSausage wrote: What condition did the tablet come in? Were there any scratches or dents? I have never ordered refurbished products from apple store so quite curious.
They say it's new cover and battery but it's bullshit. Probably replace it if there was a big scratch or dents but I've found "defects" and nicks in 9/10 apple refurbished products. You can return it but they say it's the risk you take and does not have the same hardware warranty as new. Escalating to the executive office is the same and customer service is not what everyone makes it out to be like maybe the store experience is better but tech support and customer service online is crap.
Apr 2, 2006
129 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
FlyingSausage wrote: What condition did the tablet come in? Were there any scratches or dents? I have never ordered refurbished products from apple store so quite curious.
It looks like brand new. You won't be able to tell the difference.