Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

Apple iPad Wi-fi 32 GB Tablet 9.7" $368 ($81 off)

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2018 7:14 pm
Newbie
Nov 13, 2012
59 posts
21 upvotes
WINNIPEG
I would seriously consider it. There have been a lot of comments saying to wait 2 weeks for the release of the new iPads ... BUT new models mean top dollar and oddly enough prices go up with each new release.

If you’re not looking for a pro, the timing seems to be right.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2872 posts
1722 upvotes
Toronto
KevinC268 wrote: hmm, is it time to replace my air?
I replaced my Air with this model a few months back.
It’s not night and day, but certainly noticeable not having tabbed pages refresh in browser. The extra 1gb of RAM is what makes this possible.
There were rumours of an even cheaper model coming in this year...but $368 is decent sale.
Newbie
Nov 13, 2012
59 posts
21 upvotes
WINNIPEG
chike99 wrote: As suggested above, you could try PMing at Best Buy.
I gave it a shot but the best buy guy said there were two different digits on the UPC code so he couldn't do it. It would have been worth an extra $8.10 off and if he would have adjusted the item in my cart I could pulled off another 5 or 6% reduction for ebates beating the boxing day price ... sooooo close lol
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
2268 posts
671 upvotes
Hmm might jump on this my iPad 3 is very long in the teeth now.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
[OP]
Member
Aug 20, 2011
243 posts
483 upvotes
Windsor, ON
cbrdude wrote: I gave it a shot but the best buy guy said there were two different digits on the UPC code so he couldn't do it. It would have been worth an extra $8.10 off and if he would have adjusted the item in my cart I could pulled off another 5 or 6% reduction for ebates beating the boxing day price ... sooooo close lol
As long as the model numbers are the same, BB should PM, according to their policy. Otherwise take it up with the store manager. It should be easy enough to check the model numbers. I bought mine at Christmas by PMing at BB, as did many people .
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7076 posts
7578 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
cbrdude wrote: I would seriously consider it. There have been a lot of comments saying to wait 2 weeks for the release of the new iPads ... BUT new models mean top dollar and oddly enough prices go up with each new release.

If you’re not looking for a pro, the timing seems to be right.
Depends what they put in them and build them out of. IIRC these iPads launched at $100 less than the Air 2 did because they dropped the fully-laminated display and anti-reflective coating on the screen, even though it had better innards and a higher base GB (32 vs 16).

If Apple is announcing a new 9.7" iPad I doubt the price is going up much, if any. Hell I think there's rumours Apple is actually going to release an even cheaper iPad model.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6558 posts
4213 upvotes
Ottawa
My iPad 4 iOS 8.4 jailbreaked is just fine, no reason to upgrade, I recommended my friends to buy it during Christmas though.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
3663 posts
5550 upvotes
So price beat with Best Buy or wait?

I'm thinking even if they refresh this base ipad 9.7", it'll be like an A10 and probably that's it. The price would likely be the same $449 or maybe higher?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2958 posts
2175 upvotes
Is it possible to get The Source to price match and than apply the $25 off coupon on top of it?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
3663 posts
5550 upvotes
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Is it possible to get The Source to price match and than apply the $25 off coupon on top of it?
Nope, coupon doesn't work with any apple products.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2958 posts
2175 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Nope, coupon doesn't work with any apple products.
How about at Staples for $10 off? Or there's some other catch too in this?
[OP]
Member
Aug 20, 2011
243 posts
483 upvotes
Windsor, ON
IEpicDestroyer wrote: Is it possible to get The Source to price match and than apply the $25 off coupon on top of it?
It's worth a try. I presume by '$25 off coupon' you mean the one you get by registering for their email list? That coupon may only be accepted for online orders, in which case you may try to do the PM online rather than in the store. But I could be wrong.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
2958 posts
2175 upvotes
chike99 wrote: It's worth a try. I presume by '$25 off coupon' you mean the one you get by registering for their email list? That coupon may only be accepted for online orders, in which case you may try to do the PM online rather than in the store. But I could be wrong.
Found the old email coupon and it seems that I could have brought it into the store for the discount too. Email shows:

Enjoy $25 off your next purchase of $100 or more*
Use promo code <promo code> during checkout at thesource.ca or print and present this e-mail to the Associate in-store.

But the thing is that now I read the fine print, it won't let me:

*Present this email to the cashier in store or enter the code online to redeem. Offer expires January 30, 2018 . No cash value. $25 discount applies to purchases of $100 or more, before taxes on regular priced items. Cannot be combined with any other offer. EPP, PSP and Dealer discounts excluded. Discount cannot be used towards purchase of Apple products, Beats products, The Source Gift Cards, all prepaid cards (iTunes, Xbox, etc.), prepaid airtime cards, mobile phone plans and security deposits. One (1) per subscriber. New subscribers only. Additional conditions, limitations and/or exclusions may apply.

Maybe the Staples one would work? Doesn't seem to be excluding Apple products or PMed items.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 2, 2012
3663 posts
5550 upvotes
You could try staples, I haven't tried there. I've never been able to get the source to give the discount on anything apple.

But if staples doesn't work, best buy will get you $8.10 less, as they still include a discount of 10% of the difference.

So I'm still on the fence as some are saying to wait for the March event. But I'm thinking even if they refresh the 9.7" I doubt this version will be discounted by much.
Member
User avatar
Feb 21, 2006
368 posts
37 upvotes
Is this the most recent iPad released by Apple? Or an older version? Can't make that out with details provided. Any one know?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5401 posts
2118 upvotes
Toronto
Karpoozi wrote: Is this the most recent iPad released by Apple? Or an older version? Can't make that out with details provided. Any one know?
Yes, its the recent non-pro version.
Caerus wrote: You could try staples, I haven't tried there. I've never been able to get the source to give the discount on anything apple.

But if staples doesn't work, best buy will get you $8.10 less, as they still include a discount of 10% of the difference.

So I'm still on the fence as some are saying to wait for the March event. But I'm thinking even if they refresh the 9.7" I doubt this version will be discounted by much.
Could just buy and wait the 2 weeks for the announcement.

If you buy it today, you have until March 10th.

It's hard to say if Apple will hold a conference in March, could even be June.
Last edited by rebel_rfd on Feb 25th, 2018 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8647 upvotes
GTHA
Karpoozi wrote: Is this the most recent iPad released by Apple? Or an older version? Can't make that out with details provided. Any one know?
No the most recent. The most recent iPad is the Pro 10.5-inch and 12.9-Inch (2nd gen).

This 9.7-inch iPad is the lowest priced "full size" iPad, targeted towards the education and home markets.

The simply named "9.7-inch iPad" -- which Apple sometimes refers to as the "iPad (5th Generation)" and that were introduced in "Early 2017" -- are the lowest priced "full size" iPad models that Apple has released to date and effectively bring together many of the internals from the iPhone 6s with a case and display similar to that provided by the original iPad Air.

from https://everymac.com/systems/apple/ipad ... specs.html
[OP]
Member
Aug 20, 2011
243 posts
483 upvotes
Windsor, ON
Karpoozi wrote: Is this the most recent iPad released by Apple? Or an older version? Can't make that out with details provided. Any one know?
Yes, it is the most recent version other than the iPad Pro. It is the 2017 version. Based on Apple's previous naming convention, this should be 'iPad 5'. However, in 2017, Apple stopped using numerical naming convention and simply named it Apple iPad.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 26, 2003
37173 posts
5169 upvotes
Winnipeg
kanewtz wrote: I'd say yes.

I have the iPad Air and just replaced it with a 10.5" Pro and cannot believe the difference.
what is the difference? maybe i'm not using my ipad to its full potiential
WTB amazon gc @90%
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
7076 posts
7578 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
divx wrote: what is the difference? maybe i'm not using my ipad to its full potiential
On RAM alone the 10.5" iPad Pro has 4 times more than the original Air (4 GB vs 1). Not to mention a CPU that's nearly 1 GHz faster and is hexa-core instead of dual-core, and an A10X chip vs an A7X one.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)