Cell Phones

Apple iPhone 6 Battery Repair - How Long?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2018 8:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16613 posts
2318 upvotes

Apple iPhone 6 Battery Repair - How Long?

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the wait time is for an iPhone 6 battery repair? I was going to take my phone into Fairview or Markville Apple Store ... is there still a multi-week wait or is the iPhone 6 battery stock OK now?
16 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8567 upvotes
GTHA
Fyi...

Apple launches ‘Reserve a Battery’ service for iPhone battery replacements in Canada
https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/01/31/appl ... t-website/
To reserve a new iPhone battery through the company’s website, navigate to ‘getsupport.apple.com,’ click ‘iPhone’, then ‘Battery, Power & Charging’ and finally ‘Battery replacement’.

At this point, you’ll see an option to ‘Reserve a Battery.’ Clicking on it will prompt you to input your iPhone’s serial number, IMEI or MEID, which allows Apple to see whether your smartphone is eligible for its $35 battery replacement. Once you complete the process, your preferred Apple Store will contact you once a battery is available.

Alternatively, this entire process is also possible to complete through the Apple Support iOS app.

After downloading and launching the app, tap the ‘Get Support’ tab, tap ‘choose your phone’, ‘Battery, Power & Charging’, ‘Battery Replacement’, ‘Continue’ and finally ‘Reserve a battery’.

In either case, reserving a battery ahead of time will likely save you time in the long run, especially if you own an iPhone 6 Plus.
Nov 24, 2014
226 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thank you for the head's up.
I went to the Apple store back in mid January and had a work authorization done for a battery replacement on an Iphone 6 (told I'd be contacted when a battery is available) I never heard back from them and checking repair status online shows "information not available"
So to be safe I filled out the form/process you linked to. I'll report if I at least get a confirmation email.
Nov 24, 2014
226 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got a confirmation email, stating the battery might take 2-4 weeks or longer and that I'll be contacted when it's ready.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21898 posts
3159 upvotes
Toronto
^ same....

Ordered a battery replacement for my iphone 6s and got the 2-4weeks email.

Order now...don't delay...and how it doesn't take the full 4 wks....gl!!

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6764 posts
3843 upvotes
Aurora
My god, that's terrible. Apple could've priced their batteries at $10 instead of $39 and it still wouldn't make a difference. What good is the special price when you create such a service backlog like this? I know of 3rd party repair centres charging twice what Apple is charging and they're still getting solid business since they can change the battery for walk-in customers in half an hour.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21898 posts
3159 upvotes
Toronto
^

I don't think Apple is too interested in replacing customers batteries - they are just doing it for the PR and building up goodwill so they don't get sued (maybe they'll still get sued).

They don't care if the batteries take 2-4 weeks - pretty sure they could speed up the production of the batteries but what is Apple's incentive to do so?

Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21898 posts
3159 upvotes
Toronto
holy crap - I ordered my battery for my iphone 6S back in early Feb and still my repair status is: "not available".....closing in on 6 weeks now...

Anyone else face this unusually long delay?

Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9942 posts
4598 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: holy crap - I ordered my battery for my iphone 6S back in early Feb and still my repair status is: "not available".....closing in on 6 weeks now...

Anyone else face this unusually long delay?
Any good news or you still waiting ?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

They really need to show who downvotes so we can find out the mofus is
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21898 posts
3159 upvotes
Toronto
Pochacco wrote: Any good news or you still waiting ?
I finally called in on one of the weekends and the rep informed me that I would get an email notice about my battery (which I did on Mar.12 - it arrived!!)

The email stated to call 647-258-0808 and to leave a VM on when I'd be coming in. Important to note that no one will call you back after you leave your VM - just go into the store at your stated time. I went in the next day and was able to drop off my iphone after about a 20 mins for a rep (this was Eaton Centre on a Tues just before noon - it was busy!!) and was able to get the battery replaced the same day (3 hrs later).

It took 6 - 7 weeks from when I ordered - definitely recommend that you order now....it will take some time....

[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16613 posts
2318 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: Any good news or you still waiting ?
I registered on February 25th for a battery replacement ... closing on 4 weeks.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9942 posts
4598 upvotes
Toronto
coolspot wrote: I registered on February 25th for a battery replacement ... closing on 4 weeks.
Holy that is so long wait - i guess estimated time is now 6 to 7 weeks of wait lol
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing info, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from it. Don't be selfish.

[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16613 posts
2318 upvotes
Pochacco wrote: Holy that is so long wait - i guess estimated time is now 6 to 7 weeks of wait lol
Just got my e-mail! I wonder if Apple is monitoring this forum...

Just shy of 4 weeks.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
9942 posts
4598 upvotes
Toronto
coolspot wrote: Just got my e-mail! I wonder if Apple is monitoring this forum...

Just shy of 4 weeks.
Lol that would be superb If apple really did that hahahha

Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1167 posts
547 upvotes
TORONTO
I got my email last night. Waited just over 6 weeks. Just dropped mine off at the Fairview location and will be ready after 3PM.

During that time waiting for the battery to come in I ended buying an 8+. So I'm either going to sell or use my iPhone 6 as a backup. After a week with my 8+ my 6 seems like a tiny crappy underpowered phone.

Also, I only changed my battery with Apple for $40 in hopes of them replacing the whole phone. I'm not big on going 3rd party with my apple product repairs. What I am big on is getting my Apple products replaced/repaired for the cheapest price possible. 9/10 times I've gotten them to replace out of warranty products for free.99.

Edit: Just got back from picking up my phone. They replaced the whole phone!!! It had two hairline cracks on the screen. They said the tech broke the clips on it and they had to replace the device outright. Going to have to add this to my list of replacements out of warranty! What’s even better is that there’s a 90 warranty added to it. This is how you strengthen brand loyalty! Lol
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
1630 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
I must have been lucky.

I registered for a replacement battery on March 23 at the Yorkdale Apple store. I was notified on March 25 that my battery was available so I scheduled an appointment for March 26. I couldn't wait three hours for the repair so I chose to pick it up the next day.