• Dec 24th, 2020 5:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15188 posts
3533 upvotes
Toronto

Apple iPhone Deals with good cell phone plan

A friend of mine is looking for an iPhone (SE or iPhone 11) and wanted to know if there are any deals going on. She does not need a iPhone 12 as she will be upgrading from an iPhone 6 LOL.

Basically she wants to stay in the $40 to $45 monthly cost for the plan (excluding phone cost) and needs about 4GB or 6GB of data with unlimited talk/text. She also wants to stick with a reliable network with fast data speeds (not Freedom or Public Mobile). She is also a RN and am not sure.

One option is to go with the Zoomer deal, sell the Moto Stylus on Kijiji and then get an iPhone from Apple (assuming they have a deal). I figured if there is a way to get a decent deal without having to go through that it would be preferred.

What do you guys suggest?
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
30 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1826 posts
611 upvotes
Toronto
No "deals" at Apple (Except when they offered $70 off during black friday) . Phone are all sold for the regular retail price. Who is her current provider? If Rogers, and she ports her number to other providers (excluding Fido which is Rogers), she may get a winback offer with a $45 plan with like 25GB of data and a $300 credit to get a device. There's a very active thread in the hot deals section discussing that.

Another option is to check if her employers offers EPP plans. She might be able to pull a $55 plan 3GB or $65 with 6GB and an iPhone 11 is $375 or an SE is much less, but can't remember how much exactly. but there's no tab or additional monthly fee.

p.s. Public mobile is not a bad network, they run off the Telus network (their parent company), but restrict to 3G speeds, but on LTE. People say they get faster speeds when forcing the 3G network, but that comes with higher ping/latency.

I haven't tried any of the options I provided, but just sharing what I read from RFD threads.
Celebrating 18+ years on RFD!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 23, 2003
15188 posts
3533 upvotes
Toronto
@wysiwyg

Thank you for your suggestions. She is currently with Rogers and has been with them for 15 years! I will look into the Rogers Winback offer and her Health Care Employee offer is nothing to write home about.

I have had Public Mobile and the speeds are avg. on 3G with crappy latency and 4G speeds royally suck which is why I prefer Koodo.
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless
Dec 25, 2019
53 posts
118 upvotes
I have looked around and the Costco/Virgin deal offers the best value:

$35 plan: unlimited talk/text + 4GB data
$30 per month for 2 years for an iphone11
Bonus: You get $300 Costco gift card plus free car charger and wireless headphones

So, effectively you are paying about $50 per month for the phone 11 + the virgin plan
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1549 posts
499 upvotes
Zoomer deal and buy an iPhone is the lowest monthly cost. I suggest buying the XR or the SE 2020, good phones low price.
Jan 27, 2017
156 posts
64 upvotes
mac111 wrote: I have looked around and the Costco/Virgin deal offers the best value:

$35 plan: unlimited talk/text + 4GB data
$30 per month for 2 years for an iphone11
Bonus: You get $300 Costco gift card plus free car charger and wireless headphones

So, effectively you are paying about $50 per month for the phone 11 + the virgin plan
Where exactly do you see that? I just visited the Costco Mobility website and you are right about iPhone 11 for 2 years at $30/month.
Virgin 4 GB plan is actually $45/month, not $35. The only cheaper plan is $25/month with 0 GB data. There is nothing between $25 and $45.

Please let us know!!!
Dec 25, 2019
53 posts
118 upvotes
smartcdn2 wrote: Where exactly do you see that? I just visited the Costco Mobility website and you are right about iPhone 11 for 2 years at $30/month.
Virgin 4 GB plan is actually $45/month, not $35. The only cheaper plan is $25/month with 0 GB data. There is nothing between $25 and $45.

Please let us know!!!
They were offering $10 monthly credit for the duration of the contract (I.e. 2 years) back in November (45 - 10 = 35). Try getting them to offer you the same deal.
Sep 3, 2013
948 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
Fido has a good deal. $30/mo for iPhone 11 64gb then cheapest plan is $45 for 4gb data. $100 device credit too.
Images
  • 721BA21B-8685-4AE5-8921-507B9979E5A5.png
Dec 22, 2011
8 posts
NIAGARA FALLS
Freedom has Iphone SE for $55/month. Look in the Absolute Zero part of the website. I’ve been temptes to pull the trigger.
Jan 27, 2017
156 posts
64 upvotes
jg123 wrote: Zoomer deal and buy an iPhone is the lowest monthly cost. I suggest buying the XR or the SE 2020, good phones low price.
The iPhone SE at the Apple store is $599 for the basic model.
The iPhone XR is more. Are there lower prices for both?
Jan 27, 2017
156 posts
64 upvotes
mac111 wrote: They were offering $10 monthly credit for the duration of the contract (I.e. 2 years) back in November (45 - 10 = 35). Try getting them to offer you the same deal.
Who was offering $10 monthly credit? Virgin Mobile or Costco? Can anyone find out if Costco is repeating that next week? Boxing Week?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1237 posts
310 upvotes
To give a benchmark, the deal to meet or beat for the iPhone 11 was Freedom Mobile during Black Friday.

$55 for 20gig (includes iPhone 11) + $300 worth in PC points or Walmart gift card.
Oct 31, 2018
7 posts
smartcdn2 wrote: Who was offering $10 monthly credit? Virgin Mobile or Costco? Can anyone find out if Costco is repeating that next week? Boxing Week?
I went to Costco to get the new Boxing Week deal. Other than the phone @ $38/month tax in and the plan, no additional $10 off but the pricing is still worth it.
Oct 31, 2018
7 posts
hightech wrote: A friend of mine is looking for an iPhone (SE or iPhone 11) and wanted to know if there are any deals going on. She does not need a iPhone 12 as she will be upgrading from an iPhone 6 LOL.

Basically she wants to stay in the $40 to $45 monthly cost for the plan (excluding phone cost) and needs about 4GB or 6GB of data with unlimited talk/text. She also wants to stick with a reliable network with fast data speeds (not Freedom or Public Mobile). She is also a RN and am not sure.

One option is to go with the Zoomer deal, sell the Moto Stylus on Kijiji and then get an iPhone from Apple (assuming they have a deal). I figured if there is a way to get a decent deal without having to go through that it would be preferred.

What do you guys suggest?
Why not look at this mention

mobile-shop-virgin-mobile-iphone-11-128 ... s-2431062/
Oct 31, 2017
169 posts
122 upvotes
here, there, and eve…
I always buy my iPhones outright, check out Best Buy open box, they have some decent deals on there for iPhones. The iPhones I bought that were open box were in excellent shape. I linked the SE I was looking at if I didn’t already have a phone.
Don’t sleep on public mobile, they offer decent rewards if you use a credit card to autopay, refer people, I pay $10 per month for the lowest plan available.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ap ... k/14764324

Sorry linked wrong phone
Let's go Canucks
AT&T North American Plan 8 GBS plus 16GBs
$0 Shaw talk and text plan
Jun 6, 2017
197 posts
135 upvotes
krzcnck wrote: I always buy my iPhones outright, check out Best Buy open box, they have some decent deals on there for iPhones. The iPhones I bought that were open box were in excellent shape. I linked the SE I was looking at if I didn’t already have a phone.
Don’t sleep on public mobile, they offer decent rewards if you use a credit card to autopay, refer people, I pay $10 per month for the lowest plan available.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ap ... k/14764324

Sorry linked wrong phone
Thanks for the tip. Were the phones from the same seller - could you please check your order history if it says the seller? This one is AB cellular
Dec 25, 2019
53 posts
118 upvotes
smartcdn2 wrote: Who was offering $10 monthly credit? Virgin Mobile or Costco? Can anyone find out if Costco is repeating that next week? Boxing Week?
The $10 credit was offered by Virgin through Costco. Anyways, seems like The Mobile Shop is now offering the same deal with the $10 credit (instead of $300 giftcard, they offer $300 worth of PC points which can be used towards payinig off the iphone 11) :

mobile-shop-virgin-mobile-iphone-11-128 ... #p33755990
Oct 31, 2017
169 posts
122 upvotes
here, there, and eve…
tsx612 wrote: Thanks for the tip. Were the phones from the same seller - could you please check your order history if it says the seller? This one is AB cellular
no they weren't from the same seller
Let's go Canucks
AT&T North American Plan 8 GBS plus 16GBs
$0 Shaw talk and text plan
Jan 27, 2017
156 posts
64 upvotes
mac111 wrote: The $10 credit was offered by Virgin through Costco. Anyways, seems like The Mobile Shop is now offering the same deal with the $10 credit (instead of $300 giftcard, they offer $300 worth of PC points which can be used towards payinig off the iphone 11) :

mobile-shop-virgin-mobile-iphone-11-128 ... #p33755990
This cannot be true. I was so excited when I saw this message. I inquired with The Mobile Shop and the rep kept insisting that the $10 off promo was no longer available. I then inquired with Virgin Mobile and was told the $10 off is only done internally. Not even through their stores and definitely not through Mobile Shop and Costco mobility.

So how do we meet the representatives who could help make these $300 and $10/month off offers available?