Expired Hot Deals

Apple

iPhone XR 64GB ($699) , IPhone 11 64GB ($679)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2021 8:22 pm
[OP]
Nov 21, 2017
25 posts
49 upvotes

[Apple] iPhone XR 64GB ($699) , IPhone 11 64GB ($679)

Was at apple store Square one. Price of iPhone XR 64GB was $699 and price for iPhone 11 64gb was $679.

Could not go wrong with the iPhone 11.
127 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1129 posts
1057 upvotes
I would be worried about buying a iphone with 64GB when Apple is saying via the new iphone 13s that you should have a minimum of 128GB.
May 30, 2021
218 posts
298 upvotes
In what world does an XR cost more than an iPhone 11
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2667 posts
1128 upvotes
Quebec
nota deal its thew new price
Jan 30, 2017
618 posts
97 upvotes
DV1705 wrote: Was at apple store Square one. Price of iPhone XR 64GB was $699 and price for iPhone 11 64gb was $679.

Could not go wrong with the iPhone 11.
Are the phones brand new?
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
4390 posts
3386 upvotes
Vancouver
This is regular retail price.
Mar 10, 2014
748 posts
624 upvotes
sparkaction wrote: I would be worried about buying a iphone with 64GB when Apple is saying via the new iphone 13s that you should have a minimum of 128GB.
What's wrong with an iphone 11 64gb? I have one that I got from a hardware upgrade through work (heavily subsidized) paid just over $100 for it brand new a year ago. Works perfectly as a cell phone.

Matter of fact, if I want to trade it in on the Apple.ca website, they would give me $380 for it to upgrade to the iphone 13. Since Apple does not have the mmWave 5G (only US models), I will wait until iPhone 14.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
8515 posts
2132 upvotes
$700 for LCD display in 2021 is a hot deal. Do they have anything in CRT for cheaper
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
4390 posts
3386 upvotes
Vancouver
sparkaction wrote: I would be worried about buying a iphone with 64GB when Apple is saying via the new iphone 13s that you should have a minimum of 128GB.
The new feature checklist for iPhone 13 was so short, Apple had to bump up the storage. We saw this before with iPhone 8.
Mar 10, 2014
748 posts
624 upvotes
Spinner wrote: The new feature checklist for iPhone 13 was so short, Apple had to bump up the storage. We saw this before with iPhone 8.
Unless you are going to pay $1,399 for the iPhone Pro 13 (ProMotion), the I don't see the incentive to upgrade if you have a 12.

If you read this below, same goes for the Apple Watch 6 => Watch 7. The performance is basically the same (restamped S7 chip, but basically the same as the S6) and a 1mm increase is screen size.

https://www.macrumors.com/

Looks like Apple is losing it's mojo. No wonder that 80% of the time of Sept announcements (in the last 10 years), the stock dropped the day off. Read some of the comments in these sections. It is surely disappointing. Also the Macbook Pro/Air display issues (lawsuit going on) with the M1 chip. Wow. Unreal.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2190 posts
645 upvotes
jmc111 wrote:
Looks like Apple is losing it's mojo. No wonder that 80% of the time of Sept announcements (in the last 10 years), the stock dropped the day off. Read some of the comments in these sections. It is surely disappointing. Also the Macbook Pro/Air display issues (lawsuit going on) with the M1 chip. Wow. Unreal.
Its true that 75% of the time their stock value drop the day of them annoucing their new line up, but more often than not each time they release their earning reports they crush expectation and their stock hit new highs. Im not a apple fanboy, and I dont own any of their product but I have a good portfolio of their shares because I like the stock.

But you're absolutely right, there hasnt been any wow factors in their product since Jobs died, but if you look at it they arent trying to impress YOU, they're targeting the less than average Joe that only needs their phone for youtube, facebook, and netflix (insert my mother). They've created an ecosystem, a sub-culture, die-hard fanatics that it doesnt matter what they release as long as the camera is better, its faster (yet looks exactly like the previous model) these people will eat it up. They took away the cable, power charger, aux jack, and selling it to you for $1800 and people are shrugging it off. Today, who's owning the latest Iphone has become a common dinner table topic. Unless we stop buying their products nothings going to change, and I for one dont give a F cuz I like watching my money grow. :D
Life is short make it long
Mar 10, 2014
748 posts
624 upvotes
darkmagician wrote: Its true that 75% of the time their stock value drop the day of them annoucing their new line up, but more than not each time they release their earning reports they crush expectation and their stock hit new highs. Im not a apple fanboy, and I dont own any of their product but I have a good portfolio of their shares because I like the stock. But you're absolutely right, there hasnt been any wow factors in their product since Jobs died, but if you look at it they arent trying to impress YOU, they're targeting the less than average job that only needs their phone for youtube, facebook, netflix and reddit (insert my mother). They created an ecosystem, a sub-culture, die-hard fanatics that it doesnt matter what they release as long as the camera is better, its faster (yet looks exactly like the previous model) these people will eat it up. They took away the cable, power charger, aux jack, and selling it to you for $1800 and people are shrugging it off. Unless we stop buying their products nothings going to change, and I for one dont give a F cuz I like watching my money grow. :D
I owned the stock about 6 months ago and made some money ($6K) back earlier this year. I got out at $135.50. Look at where it's at now (only $14.xx higher). I moved on to other opportunities that has done way better elsewhere. The stock price is an overvalued beast big time many times over future earnings. I personally do not buy other than a heavily subsidized work phone. Their quality is going down and they don't even want to warranty their own product (Macbook Air/Pro M1 display). I guess the "average joe" will continue to feed into their eco system and keep buying and throwing out every few years.
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
2190 posts
645 upvotes
jmc111 wrote: I owned the stock about 6 months ago and made some money ($6K) back earlier this year. I got out at $135.50. Look at where it's at now (only $14.xx higher). I moved on to other opportunities that has done way better elsewhere. The stock price is an overvalued beast big time many times over future earnings. I personally do not buy other than a heavily subsidized work phone. Their quality is going down and they don't even want to warranty their own product (Macbook Air/Pro M1 display). I guess the "average joe" will continue to feed into their eco system and keep buying and throwing out every few years.
Look at it this way, there isnt any thing safer than Apple. They are the biggest player in the tech market. If they were to collapse it wouldnt matter what you own, the market will follow through the ripple effect unless you're holding cash. Also in the short amount of time since you sold, the stock is up 10% thats a pretty good return. You cant get those rates in GIC or mutual funds from the bank. But of course you can always yolo GME options if you wanna make money XD
Life is short make it long
Mar 10, 2014
748 posts
624 upvotes
darkmagician wrote: Look at it this way, there isnt any thing safer than Apple. They are the biggest player in the tech market. If they were to collapse it wouldnt matter what you own, the market will follow through the ripple effect unless you're holding cash. Also in the short amount of time since you sold, the stock is up 10% thats a pretty good return. You cant get those rates in GIC or mutual funds from the bank. But of course you can always yolo GME options if you wanna make money XD
Maybe so, but there are better opportunities since the overall market has been up over 40% this past year. Besides, AAPL has been huge shorting target. Bottom line, without Jobs, they are not going to be releasing anything revolutionary.

I would be curious for those who actually bought Macbook Air/Pro M1 and now reading that article. I am sure they are not happy campers if the display cracks on them (possibly no warranty).
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
9174 posts
2185 upvotes
Vancouver
darkmagician wrote: Its true that 75% of the time their stock value drop the day of them annoucing their new line up, but more often than not each time they release their earning reports they crush expectation and their stock hit new highs. Im not a apple fanboy, and I dont own any of their product but I have a good portfolio of their shares because I like the stock.

But you're absolutely right, there hasnt been any wow factors in their product since Jobs died,

FaceID is pretty darn cool. Why can’t Samsung create something as secure and trusted as it?

FaceID and Apple Pay dominate

Also not an apple eco system or fan boy. Love my iPhone12. Came from a blackberry. Tried android. Sure can do everything, root access hackers dream. Not my cup of tea.

Wouldn’t ever buy an apple pc but the statement there hasn’t been ANY changes since jobs come on
Autocorrect sucks
Apr 25, 2019
473 posts
736 upvotes
I think the iPhone 11 is one of the best deals for a full screen iPhone provided you buy the 128 GB model. Especially for Android switchers.
Public Mobile 5GB $33
Dec 24, 2012
611 posts
880 upvotes
Terrebonne
jmc111 wrote: Unless you are going to pay $1,399 for the iPhone Pro 13 (ProMotion), the I don't see the incentive to upgrade if you have a 12.

If you read this below, same goes for the Apple Watch 6 => Watch 7. The performance is basically the same (restamped S7 chip, but basically the same as the S6) and a 1mm increase is screen size.

https://www.macrumors.com/

What's wrong with the M1 MacBook Air? Haven't followed, but it's what I thought I was going to buy next...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
5272 posts
1570 upvotes
Toronto
jmc111 wrote: would give me $380 for it to upgrade to the iphone 13. Since Apple does not have the mmWave 5G (only US models), I will wait until iPhone 14.
Let's be honest you weren't going to buy an iPhone 13 if you're coming from an 11 64GB for $100. In either case, mmWave is not coming to Canada (n78 is the most common 5G band globally) so unless you plan on moving to USA or visit very often, it has no bearing on iPhones sold outside of the USA.
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro | CCM Ribcor Trigger 3D/Bauer Supreme 1S LE
'18 Union Flite Pro Red | Bauer Supreme 2S Gloves
'08 K2 T1 | CCM Super Tacks AS1