Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

iPhone XR 64GB ($699) , IPhone 11 64GB ($679)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2021 8:22 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2012
1024 posts
1475 upvotes
Terrebonne
GangStarr wrote: FaceID is pretty darn cool. Why can’t Samsung create something as secure and trusted as it?

FaceID and Apple Pay dominate

Also not an apple eco system or fan boy. Love my iPhone12. Came from a blackberry. Tried android. Sure can do everything, root access hackers dream. Not my cup of tea.

Wouldn’t ever buy an apple pc but the statement there hasn’t been ANY changes since jobs come on
Pixel 4/4 XL had an equivalent to FaceID.

My Android phones can also be unlocked when close to my Fitbit, when on-body, etc.
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
10550 posts
3867 upvotes
KarlDag wrote: Pixel 4/4 XL had an equivalent to FaceID.

My Android phones can also be unlocked when close to my Fitbit, when on-body, etc.
Unlock your phone bravo

Face ID gets me in Corp controlled email outlook, teams on a BYOD phone . Can you do that ?
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
2052 posts
1709 upvotes
Pickering
$700 (plus tax, I assume) for a 3 yr old base model iPhone is as far from hot as it gets.

You're looking on average of $400 minimum on the used market, and $300 if you get lucky. (And even that figure will become the new average by the time the iPhone 13's release).

$700 will get you a used mint condition iPhone 11 with all the trimmings, and $80-$100 left over (and again, this will be much less when the new iPhone's drop and people are selling at a loss on the used market to get it). You can actually get iPhone 11 Pro's and Pro Max's at this price, too.
CTC employee
Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $75/60GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $50/20GB + $50/50GB/BYOD
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2015
3310 posts
4376 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
GangStarr wrote: FaceID is pretty darn cool. Why can’t Samsung create something as secure and trusted as it?

Also not an apple eco system or fan boy. Love my iPhone12. Came from a blackberry. Tried android. Sure can do everything, root access hackers dream. Not my cup of tea.

Wouldn’t ever buy an apple pc but the statement there hasn’t been ANY changes since jobs come on
Personally don't care much for face ID. And I've only known 2 people out of my friends and family who use apple pay.
😎Thanks RFD😎
May 30, 2021
389 posts
475 upvotes
GangStarr wrote: Unlock your phone bravo

Face ID gets me in Corp controlled email outlook, teams on a BYOD phone . Can you do that ?
Can a mac use faceid? Or just Windows computers
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2012
1024 posts
1475 upvotes
Terrebonne
GangStarr wrote: Unlock your phone bravo

Think so, but can't check, I don't have a corp controlled account.

I know Samsung uses their face unlock for their Knox security system, and the Pixel 4's face unlock is just as secure as FaceID.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2013
1816 posts
2055 upvotes
jmc111 wrote: Unless you are going to pay $1,399 for the iPhone Pro 13 (ProMotion), the I don't see the incentive to upgrade if you have a 12.

If you read this below, same goes for the Apple Watch 6 => Watch 7. The performance is basically the same (restamped S7 chip, but basically the same as the S6) and a 1mm increase is screen size.

https://www.macrumors.com/

Looks like Apple is losing it's mojo. No wonder that 80% of the time of Sept announcements (in the last 10 years), the stock dropped the day off. Read some of the comments in these sections. It is surely disappointing. Also the Macbook Pro/Air display issues (lawsuit going on) with the M1 chip. Wow. Unreal.

" Buy the rumour , sell the news"
Jun 16, 2021
355 posts
533 upvotes
Toronto

Samsung has something much better, especially now in pandemic time: fingerprint

This is what I miss the most, being able to unlock my phone as soon as I grab it.
Jul 2, 2011
108 posts
50 upvotes
Thornhill
Hasn’t the XR been $699 for the past year? Also, they dropped it from their website so I’d hope that it was going to be much cheaper soon.
Nov 15, 2017
347 posts
665 upvotes
WEST CANADA
Nice things about iPhones is they keep their value for several years. I bought the new iPhone 11 for $1100 and sold it last month for $780. In nearly three years it cost me $380 to use it and it was well worth it as it never let me down for my business needs. Last Android I had was the Samsung S10 which was also over $1100 when I bought it new, three years later I struggled to sell it at $300.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1069 posts
526 upvotes
Montreal
LeifS39303 wrote: I think the iPhone 11 is one of the best deals for a full screen iPhone provided you buy the 128 GB model. Especially for Android switchers.
Looking to replace a pixel 3. Why should I consider an iPhone 11?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4129 posts
4354 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
fjanicki wrote: Looking to replace a pixel 3. Why should I consider an iPhone 11?
Good bang for the buck (if paying new MSRP for Apple). The A13 is still a beast of a processor and won't be out of date any time soon. Also easy to resell if you don't like it.

You can check out the compare list: https://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/compare ... 1,iphone12
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2005
1105 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zebracobra007 wrote: Nice things about iPhones is they keep their value for several years. I bought the new iPhone 11 for $1100 and sold it last month for $780. In nearly three years it cost me $380 to use it and it was well worth it as it never let me down for my business needs. Last Android I had was the Samsung S10 which was also over $1100 when I bought it new, three years later I struggled to sell it at $300.

You must had it in a good case, which one did you use? I hate those large Otter ones though.
Temp. Banned
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22931 upvotes
Toronto
xCameron94 wrote: Can a mac use faceid? Or just Windows computers
Face ID is available on iPhone and iPad models.
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208108

Mac computers use Touch ID (fingerprint)
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204587

Windows Hello is available on Windows 10 computers that utilizes a camera specially configured for near infrared (IR) imaging

Windows Hello face authentication
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... entication
Destiny is all
May 30, 2021
389 posts
475 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: Face ID is available on iPhone and iPad models.
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT208108

Mac computers use Touch ID (fingerprint)
https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204587

Windows Hello is available on Windows 10 computers that utilizes a camera specially configured for near infrared (IR) imaging

Windows Hello face authentication
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/window ... entication
Was making a joke about the comment. My Samsung phone has both face unlock and fingerprint, and I can use both to login to various accounts. Had a feeling face ID wasn't in and macs.

Apple is just all over the place. Touch ids in iPads and macs, but not the phones in a pandemic world. And all other apple devices use usb c, except the iPhones
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
1175 posts
109 upvotes
fjanicki wrote: Looking to replace a pixel 3. Why should I consider an iPhone 11?
Actually looking to go from Iphone (8plus) to Pixel 3, 3a or 4. Why should I consider a Pixel? Serious question.
On Koodo $40/6gb plan.
Temp. Banned
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22931 upvotes
Toronto
xCameron94 wrote: Was making a joke about the comment. My Samsung phone has both face unlock and fingerprint, and I can use both to login to various accounts. Had a feeling face ID wasn't in and macs.

Apple is just all over the place. Touch ids in iPads and macs, but not the phones in a pandemic world. And all other apple devices use usb c, except the iPhones
Does Samsung still use a front infrared camera for face recognition?

The new Apple iPad (9th generation) still uses Lightning connector
Destiny is all
Sep 11, 2011
767 posts
1016 upvotes
Toronto
I mean, sure it’s not the first time Apple has had minimal improvements to their lineup, but I’m certain most of “tech-tober” will be all minimal increases because of COVID sending everyone to WFH (making it harder for some teams to collaborate) and also the chip shortages.

This would have been an “S” release anyway, which is always sub-par.

Personally I bought into the Apple ecosystem because most of my family had iPhones and they complained about their iCloud storage always running out, so I jumped in and got the additional storage subscription. Now I don’t have to run around making sure everyone backs-up their photos off their device all the time.

Was considering the new Apple Watch (I don’t even have one), but will likely go with FitBit since they have more features.