• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2021 4:51 pm
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
6145 posts
3104 upvotes
Vancouver
Tim Cook must really dislike Elon Musk. Maybe salty after he turned down a meeting with him and now Elon richest man in the world Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
9909 posts
1794 upvotes
notenoughsleep wrote: Tim Cook must really dislike Elon Musk. Maybe salty after he turned down a meeting with him and now Elon richest man in the world Face With Tears Of Joy
As much as we dont like Jeff Bezos. He is still the founder of AZM.

Musk - founder
Bezos - founder
Gates - founder
Cook - bean counting non founder. This makes him sort not in the same league as Musk.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4949 posts
3997 upvotes
Exploding cars with updates that reduce power and function to force you to upgrade...nice lol

Car will also not come with seats or tires but can be purchased separately lol
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1286 posts
1544 upvotes
Barrie, ON
StatsGuy wrote: Exploding cars with updates that reduce power and function to force you to upgrade...nice lol

Basically this lol
Jan 20, 2012
816 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
StatsGuy wrote: Exploding cars with updates that reduce power and function to force you to upgrade...nice lol

Different tier of Apple subscription which allows you to have different driving range.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4949 posts
3997 upvotes
mrct1944 wrote: Possibly a Canadian company will build the Apple car:

https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/a-us2 ... -apple-car
that was who i thought of when it was first announced since who else can build it if they didn't partner with anyone. Magna already builds cars for BMW and etc, so it's only logical it be them if AAPL doesn't partner with an existing automaker especially
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
3116 posts
3049 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Hyundai has lots of vertical integration, probably what is attractive to Apple. .

Any thread title with the word "Apple" in it is sure to be a dumpster fire and will bring all the trolls out of the woodwork.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4949 posts
3997 upvotes
Ecsta wrote: Hyundai has lots of vertical integration, probably what is attractive to Apple. .

Any thread title with the word "Apple" in it is sure to be a dumpster fire and will bring all the trolls out of the woodwork.
I think it's the Hyundai name with their very well documented issues that attract the Jokes as well like how I couldn't resist with their explosive cars

And if speculating, if it is Hyundai, imo it's more of no other automaker aren't interested with apple since there's nothing in it for them. Hyundai has a reputation problem and apple can maybe help lift their stock/perception

I mean what could apple contribute to a car that Toyota/BMW/MB etc couldn't do themselves and an Apple tie in doesn't bring any value since Apple knows nothing about cars

Toyota works with BMW because BMW can supply parts and build the supra, same with Subaru and Toyota with the frs/BRZ as Subaru design most of it

What can apple bring to car development to an established make other than brand recognition?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
3351 posts
4497 upvotes
Edmonton
StatsGuy wrote: I think it's the Hyundai name with their very well documented issues that attract the Jokes as well like how I couldn't resist with their explosive cars

And if speculating, if it is Hyundai, imo it's more of no other automaker aren't interested with apple since there's nothing in it for them. Hyundai has a reputation problem and apple can maybe help lift their stock/perception

I mean what could apple contribute to a car that Toyota/BMW/MB etc couldn't do themselves and an Apple tie in doesn't bring any value since Apple knows nothing about cars

Toyota works with BMW because BMW can supply parts and build the supra, same with Subaru and Toyota with the frs/BRZ as Subaru design most of it

What can apple bring to car development to an established make other than brand recognition?
Software (self-driving and otherwise), silicon, and a rethinking of the integration of the car. And brand of course.

PS, I'm not an Apple fanboy, I have a macbook but an android phone.