Expired Hot Deals

[Apple] Refurbished 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi 64GB - Space Grey 619$ Apple store online

• Last Updated:
  • May 7th, 2019 2:48 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6513 posts
5965 upvotes
Calgary

[Apple] Refurbished 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi 64GB - Space Grey 619$ Apple store online

unfortunately I couldn't wait and bought a new one from Best Buy. This will disappear shortly.

https://www.apple.com/ca/shop/product/F ... d3a285baf4
22 replies
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1590 posts
440 upvotes
Canada
this or new ipad air?
==
Telus iPhone 11 Pro
Mar 25, 2009
961 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
I was hoping this deal was for the newer iPad Pro without home button. I guess I’ll have to wait ...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6513 posts
5965 upvotes
Calgary
2Sedins1Cup wrote: this or new ipad air?
I Went with this one for the larger RAM and Pro Motion. The 4 speakers are nice too.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3202 posts
2987 upvotes
I love this iPad but I don't think the deal is hot anymore ....not at this price ...it's just regular price really
Jul 18, 2006
716 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
Decent price, but then you pay taxes and you get murdered.

Better off trying to buy one on Kijiji. I nabbed this exact model for 500 bucks all in. Basically BNIB a few months ago. Only thing I don't have is the warranty... but no issues so far.
Oct 27, 2018
39 posts
11 upvotes
Is it not like the iPhone where you can bring it in to an Apple Store and get AppleCare added on? Or has that policy changed now?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6513 posts
5965 upvotes
Calgary
pongster wrote: I love this iPad but I don't think the deal is hot anymore ....not at this price ...it's just regular price really
Where is this for sale at $619?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6513 posts
5965 upvotes
Calgary
If anyone is considering it, it will probably be gone quite quickly. It hasn't been available for a month and the last time it was available, only for a day or 2.
Jul 31, 2015
497 posts
280 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
blizzard50 wrote: Is it not like the iPhone where you can bring it in to an Apple Store and get AppleCare added on? Or has that policy changed now?
Yeah you can get AppleCare on any new refurbished products.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1235 posts
667 upvotes
Ajax
Costco was clearing out the 256GB 12" ipad pros with wifi for $999 a few weeks ago. Better deal at Costco imho if you are able to find one at a Costco.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9012 posts
5424 upvotes
Toronto
It's been this price ever since the new Air was announced.
Oct 7, 2017
715 posts
1175 upvotes
Angultra wrote: It's been this price ever since the new Air was announced.
Where? Best Buy says $699 on sale $100 off but none in stock online. OP's deal seems pretty good considering Apple Refurbished is essentially brand new and iPads rarely have a discount of much at all.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2040 posts
476 upvotes
Lévis
pongster wrote: I love this iPad but I don't think the deal is hot anymore ....not at this price ...it's just regular price really
Agree. Baught a normal 256 Gb wi-fi at costco for 800$, like 2 weeks ago.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2008
2299 posts
338 upvotes
North York
Asoul wrote: Only thing holding me back is the possibility of a bright spot issue.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/br ... n.2115037/
This. iPad Pro 10.5 is notorious for developing this issue a year into ownership. People reported having this issue resurfaced even on the replacement units at the exact same spot after year later.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18853 posts
4948 upvotes
Toronto
Not quite, since the new retail price at Apple Stores is $729 (at least at the Apple Stores in Toronto). $619 is the refurb price. However, I don't think any of the stores have the retail model anymore. Sold out.
See above.
turtlepower11 wrote: Yeah you can get AppleCare on any new refurbished products.
It should be noted that AppleCare + is cheaper for the Airs than it is for the Pros, so that may factor into a decision of the Air vs. Pro.

Also, $619 is the edu pricing on the Air (vs. $649 retail), and the Air has the option of using Logitech Crayon which is cheaper and doesn't require Bluetooth. I'm guessing the Air will also get iOS updates for 1 year longer.

However, I bought the Pro refurb. The better camera with flash (even just for document scanning) is a nice bonus, as is ProMotion. The quad speakers are great. The 4 GB RAM does help with advanced apps like ProCreate and probably will for the new version of LumaFusion (2.0) as well (although the ideal machines for LumaFusion are the 2018 models). The Air does have the faster CPU but that doesn't seem to hold up for occasional games and for some video exports. At least in some synthetic GPU tests, the Pro is faster.

The other caveat with the Pro is the white spot issue, but I have a 2-year warranty, since my credit card (Amex) covers the second year (even for OEM factory refurbished products like the Pro).
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
9012 posts
5424 upvotes
Toronto
ClarkZuckerberg wrote: Where? Best Buy says $699 on sale $100 off but none in stock online. OP's deal seems pretty good considering Apple Refurbished is essentially brand new and iPads rarely have a discount of much at all.
I'm referring to the Apple Refurbished one in the OP, not a 3rd party. As soon as the new models came out, Apple had them in the refurb store at $619, all colors except Space Grey which was OOS at the time. I've been watching them closely since this is the only model I was interested in, although decided my 9.7 Pro will last me a while longer. Definitely not interested in the Air as quad speakers make a big difference in my usage.
Last edited by Angultra on May 6th, 2019 11:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oct 7, 2017
715 posts
1175 upvotes
Angultra wrote: I'm referring to the Apple Refurbished one in the OP, not a 3rd party. As soon as the new models came out, Apple had them in the refurb store at $619, all colors except Space Grey which was OOS at the time. I've been watching them closely since this is the only model I was interested in, although decided my 9.7 Pro will last me a while longer.
Right that’s OP’s whole point... they’re out of stock all the time that’s why he made this post. Just because $619 is the regular price for the refurbished, doesn’t really matter if you can’t buy it.