Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Apple

Refurbished Apple Pencil 2nd gen $145

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2020 10:09 pm
12 replies
Aug 4, 2019
23 posts
3 upvotes
What is the difference b/w Refurbished pencil and new? The difference is $24 for Refurbished.
Oct 29, 2009
262 posts
116 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Wiseguy111 wrote: What is the difference b/w Refurbished pencil and new? The difference is $24 for Refurbished.
Historically apple refurbished is pretty much new and spotless. They tend to reuse internal parts except for the battery which is new, the outer shell is also new. This applies for their regular products, if someone else has a different experience then please share.
Jan 26, 2017
136 posts
48 upvotes
Thanks picked up a Gen 1 pencil. Easier than waiting for coupon at Staples.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7843 posts
9202 upvotes
Vancouver
tinybullet wrote: Historically apple refurbished is pretty much new and spotless. They tend to reuse internal parts except for the battery which is new, the outer shell is also new. This applies for their regular products, if someone else has a different experience then please share.
Only the iPhone, iPad, and iPod get a new battery and a new chassis. The Pencil is refurbished as-is. Not to say the quality is poor, but it's definitely not new.
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
I would be wary about buying a used Apple Pencil. You should see some of the things my gfs do with them.
Feb 14, 2017
114 posts
73 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
It’s already mentioned, but Apple refurb is not the same as say, Newegg or Best Buy. Apple refurb is really new. You can probably place a newly opened Apple product and a refurb side by side and you wouldn’t notice a difference.
vivibaby wrote: I would be wary about buying a used Apple Pencil. You should see some of the things my gfs do with them.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1918 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Has anyone tried Apple Pencil 1/2 clones like this ?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000098343743.html

I had the 1st gen apple pencil with old iPad Pro. But I use them probably a few times a year for PDFs.
If a cheap clone for $22 can do basic note-taking without pressure sensitivity, I guess that'd work for me.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16763 posts
8093 upvotes
Thanks so much, OP. I’ve been waiting for a deal on one of these.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)