• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2021 11:17 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2002
1636 posts
1028 upvotes

[Apple] Reminder : Free Year Apple TV with purchase from Apple still available

I guess this is a re-post, but it is still available. Forgive me for this re-post.

Buy select Apple devices and get a free year of Apple TV.

DETAILS HERE
Last edited by Curiosity on Jan 16th, 2021 4:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
What dancing banana ?
61 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
21727 posts
24851 upvotes
Toronto
Old thread got moved to expired. BTW Ted Lasso is very decent. Second season confirmed.

apple-1-year-free-apple-tv-subscription ... e-2314290/
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Jan 26, 2010
934 posts
714 upvotes
Milton
I got the free year back in Dec 2019, and it was extended to the end of this month. I bought an iP12 last year, guessing I can't stack another year?
Koodo Prepaid, Public Mobile, Conch shells, Tin cans
Oct 11, 2012
185 posts
124 upvotes
My free year ends in April. Don’t watch it at all so I won’t miss it.
Nov 19, 2014
216 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Check out For All Mankind. It’s their best show. The Morning Show is decent. Ted Lasso is wholesome and funny. Servant was alright, a little too slow.
Mar 29, 2019
264 posts
291 upvotes
Got an Apple Watch in Nov 2020 and never got a year offer! WTH? How do I get this? No offer in my Apple TV app.
Nov 23, 2015
24 posts
22 upvotes
Halifax, NS
oldmanlogan wrote: Got an Apple Watch in Nov 2020 and never got a year offer! WTH? How do I get this? No offer in my Apple TV app.
You have to purchase and eligible device in order to get it...either a new iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV or Mac. Apple Watches are unfortunately not part of this promotion.
Oct 31, 2007
3465 posts
525 upvotes
I look forward them adding Apple TV app on chromecast with google tv, so I can actually use my trial! Haven’t seen a date yet though other than early 21
Aug 28, 2013
16 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
Apple TV+ is also free if you have an Apple Music student subscription
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2321 posts
1600 upvotes
Calgary
Personally thought Tehran was pretty good. Otherwise I haven’t watched too much on there.
Sep 7, 2017
566 posts
406 upvotes
nufan wrote: I look forward them adding Apple TV app on chromecast with google tv, so I can actually use my trial! Haven’t seen a date yet though other than early 21
You can cast different ways depending on your hardware. I have a fire stick 4K so the app is available. However wanted to cast other stuff with airplay and my tv is older. Installed Kodi on fire stick because it supports AirPlay. Probably do the same with chrome cast w/google tv. Why wait... cuz I am waiting for the announcement they will pull plug the Apple TV. There isn’t enough content for anybody to actually pay for it. Maybe for a month, watch it all and cancel.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4732 posts
1723 upvotes
Winnipeg
PapaQBear wrote: I got the free year back in Dec 2019, and it was extended to the end of this month. I bought an iP12 last year, guessing I can't stack another year?
Wondering this too...
Mar 7, 2011
241 posts
302 upvotes
Surrey, BC
PapaQBear wrote: I got the free year back in Dec 2019, and it was extended to the end of this month. I bought an iP12 last year, guessing I can't stack another year?
canuckcolehead wrote: Wondering this too...
No. It’s a once only thing
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1067 posts
349 upvotes
Victoria
I bought a new iphone 11 in November. I don't seem to get the offer. Clicking on Check Eligibilty on either the new phone or my ipad doesn't seem to bring up anything but a 7 day free trial.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3278 posts
616 upvotes
Winnipeg
MikeyCanuck wrote: I bought a new iphone 11 in November. I don't seem to get the offer. Clicking on Check Eligibilty on either the new phone or my ipad doesn't seem to bring up anything but a 7 day free trial.
We bought iphone 11 last boxing day, got the offer in my acct. I migrated my data from iPhone 8 Plus to the 11, and then gave the 8 Plus to my daughter... she migrated data in the old iPhone 6 to the iPhone 8 Plus, it showed up on the acct used by the 6 (I have a different acct for my kids)...and also for the acct I used for the 11... I think it's for all iPhones that activated...

A bit disappointed with the Apple TV+, not a lot of movies or TV shows that are free... or we just don't know how to navigate... took me a while to figure out how to enable close captions... really hate the Apple TV + interface...