Shopping Discussion

Screen Replacement Program for Aluminum Models of Apple Watch Series 2 and Series 3

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2019 11:45 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4826 posts
1423 upvotes
Ottawa
protege2k wrote: Do you have a picture if your watch with the crack? Just Curious how yours looked and apple was still willing to replace it.
It’s hard to notice if the screen is off, it’s kind of at right edge, I got my AW3 at Oct 2017 twos years ago.
Mar 25, 2009
924 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
My wife’s AW2 has a crack from the top of the screen to the bottom which is different from the cracks shown on apples illustration. will they straight up refuse to repair or will it be a hit & miss kind of thing whereby it’s worth trying different stores until someone agrees to repair?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2145 posts
715 upvotes
mcfrugal wrote: My wife’s AW2 has a crack from the top of the screen to the bottom which is different from the cracks shown on apples illustration. will they straight up refuse to repair or will it be a hit & miss kind of thing whereby it’s worth trying different stores until someone agrees to repair?
the type of crack is very unique. it goes around the corners following the edge and are pretty clean non-spidery type cracks. If it doesn't look like the pictures, then they'll probably deny it. but with most things apple, it doesn't hurt to go into the store (avoid phone reps) and plead your case with a good sob story.

My S3 cracked all way around just like the photo. I knew it was a weird kind of crack so I argued with the apple csr on the phone and it took hours to get a free replacement. This was before this service bulletin was released.
Nov 7, 2017
225 posts
162 upvotes
Edmonton
fightbriz wrote: So they will replace the screen even if it's not cracking?

Was yours cracking op?

Also, it says 5 business days, how did you get yours fixed in 10min?
It said "Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will replace the screen on eligible Apple Watch units that exhibit this type of crack, free of charge."
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5340 posts
1636 upvotes
Toronto
liuj69 wrote: It said "Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will replace the screen on eligible Apple Watch units that exhibit this type of crack, free of charge."
Got it.
Nov 29, 2015
22 posts
72 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
Thanks! I brought my Apple Watch 2 in last week to have it looked at. The rep told me it qualified for the repair and told me there was some bad news though, he let me know that there were no Apple Watch 2 available and that they would have to replace it with the Apple Watch 3! Thanks again OP

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)