Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5961 posts
9705 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC

[Apple] Stream select Apple TV+ original shows for free

Apple has made some of their shows free to view thru the Apple TV+ app.

Shows are:
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 11th, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: updated title
14 replies
Sep 4, 2006
941 posts
571 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks, been wanting to see For all Mankind!
Jul 22, 2019
1 posts
Many thanks for the head's up!

Is the content already available for free or it will be later today? I guess Apple will send an e-mail once it becomes available.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
1426 posts
585 upvotes
Midland
Servant and others seem to be available now! I agree with other posts, Servant looks so good after 1 eps.
May 17, 2017
436 posts
1098 upvotes
Servant starts very strong...the ending however...
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3478 posts
939 upvotes
Toronto
A bit confusing to me.

I sign in with my Apple ID.
I find two choices on the Little America page: "try apple TV+ Free" and "In Up Next".
The "try" button seems to want me to try the free 7-days introductory sign up (I'm not 100% sure, but it looks scary to go forward).
The "In Up Next" probably does nothing if you don't have a subscription.

Not a clear interface. I feel that they want to trick me to go somewhere I don't want to go.

Added later: clicking the "try" button gets me to agree or decline their terms. I agreed. Then they gave me only one choice: sign up for free 7-day trial subscription (which, I assume, automatically rolls into a paid subscription).
Feb 21, 2010
19 posts
7 upvotes
Hugh wrote: A bit confusing to me.

I sign in with my Apple ID.
I find two choices on the Little America page: "try apple TV+ Free" and "In Up Next".
The "try" button seems to want me to try the free 7-days introductory sign up (I'm not 100% sure, but it looks scary to go forward).
The "In Up Next" probably does nothing if you don't have a subscription.

Not a clear interface. I feel that they want to trick me to go somewhere I don't want to go.

Added later: clicking the "try" button gets me to agree or decline their terms. I agreed. Then they gave me only one choice: sign up for free 7-day trial subscription (which, I assume, automatically rolls into a paid subscription).
I just went into to the app on my tv, signed in with my existing appleid (never used appletv before), searched on any of the free shows, and started watching. I did not sign up for the 7-day trial.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2004
3478 posts
939 upvotes
Toronto
lms99 wrote: I just went into to the app on my tv, signed in with my existing appleid (never used appletv before), searched on any of the free shows, and started watching. I did not sign up for the 7-day trial.
worked for a free episode of Opra but not Little America
Dec 15, 2017
219 posts
238 upvotes
Stittsville
It works really good on Roku TV.
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14306 posts
4028 upvotes
Scarberia
damn it no apple news app on apple 4k box! :(
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2326 posts
846 upvotes
Dickinson was pretty good.
PSN: Sakaban
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
3209 posts
522 upvotes
Are any of these complete(d) series? Don't want to get into anything that I'm not going to be able to finish if future episodes come out after this offer is over.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2007
2941 posts
512 upvotes
North York
Never tried apple tv - would this work on an apple ipad? Sorry for the Noob question - hate to try for the free time limited offers incase I forget to discontinue b4 being rolled over to a paid subscription,