Entertainment

Apple TV+ unveils teaser trailer for “Invasion,” set to premiere globally on October 22, 2021

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2023 1:37 pm
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto

Apple TV+ unveils teaser trailer for “Invasion,” set to premiere globally on October 22, 2021

060921_Apple_Teaser_Invasion_New_Series_big_image_post.jpg.large.jpg

“Invasion” follows an alien invasion through different perspectives around the world.

Press release: https://www.apple.com/tv-pr/news/2021/0 ... r-22-2021/

Apple today revealed the premiere date and teaser for the eagerly awaited 10-episode science fiction drama series “Invasion,” from Academy Award-nominated and two-time Emmy Award-nominated producer Simon Kinberg (“X-Men” films, “Deadpool” films, “The Martian”) and David Weil (“Hunters”). The sweeping character-driven Apple Original series, produced by Boat Rocker Studios, will make its global debut on Apple TV+ with the first three episodes on October 22, 2021, followed by new episodes weekly, every Friday.

Set across multiple continents, “Invasion” follows an alien invasion through different perspectives around the world. The series stars Shamier Anderson (“Bruised,” “Awake”), Golshifteh Farahani (“Extraction,” “Paterson,” “Body of Lies”), Sam Neill (“Jurassic World: Dominion,” “Peaky Blinders”), Firas Nassar (“Fauda”) and Shioli Kutsuna (“Deadpool 2,” “The Outsider”).

“Invasion” is written and executive produced by Kinberg and Weil and executive produced by Jakob Verbruggen (“The Alienist,” “The Fall”), who also directed multiple episodes. Audrey Chon (“The Twilight Zone”), Amy Kaufman (“When They See Us”) and Elisa Ellis serve as executive producers alongside Andrew Baldwin (“The Outsider”), who also writes. Katie O’Connell Marsh (“Narcos,” “Hannibal”) serves as executive producer for Boat Rocker Studios.
Destiny is all
56 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17432 posts
12778 upvotes
Toronto
If you're charitable it's Independence Day with gravitas
If you're not so charitable it's Independence Day with pretensions -- until the kaiju(?!?) shows up!
(I know it's just entertainment but just maybe stop enabling the conspiracy theories movie makers ... crop circles aren't aliens!)
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10746 posts
7905 upvotes
Global Village
The alien looks like a smaller, more organic-looking tripod than war of the worlds. Interesting choice.
All day I dream about sports

Tangerine, Meridian, EQ Bank, Simplii, CIBC Investor's Edge
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
IGN Exclusive Official Season 1 Official Trailer

From Academy Award-nominated and two-time Emmy Award-nominated producer Simon Kinberg and David Weil, "Invasion" is a sweeping, character-driven science fiction drama series that follows an alien invasion through different perspectives around the world. Set across multiple continents, Invasion stars Shamier Anderson, Golshifteh Farahani, Sam Neill, Firas Nassar, and Shioli Kutsuna. "Invasion" will debut with the first three episodes on October 22, 2021, followed by new episodes weekly, every Friday.

Destiny is all
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
"Invasion" is debuting on Apple TV+ on October 22, and Apple is further teasing the show and what it means with a new feature on YouTube.

Destiny is all
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
Invasion: Simon Kinberg Compares Series to This Is Us - With An Alien Twist

Invasion creator Simon Kinberg explains what sets his series apart from other alien invasion stories, which classic sci-fi films inspired him and more.

https://www.cbr.com/invasion-simon-kinberg-interview/
Destiny is all
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
sorry this one feels like a stinker for Apple.

3 episodes in ...and its a realllllly slow grind.

i've seen more apple product placements than actually aliens

way too many characters...feels like the director/writer want to involve the whole world.
However, if anyone likes shows for drinking games...i'd be drunk if the word is the Fook.

not sure if it's necessary to use all those F bombs.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24667 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
thelefteyeguy wrote: sorry this one feels like a stinker for Apple.

3 episodes in ...and its a realllllly slow grind.

i've seen more apple product placements than actually aliens

way too many characters...feels like the director/writer want to involve the whole world.
However, if anyone likes shows for drinking games...i'd be drunk if the word is the Fook.

not sure if it's necessary to use all those F bombs.
lol - same sentiments here.............we binge-watched all 3 eps on Sat night and was hoping for more story development, a quicker pace with some action sprinkled inbetween....

but there were tooo many stories going on with different characters....yikes! we'll keep this one on the back burner since there are so many other interesting things to watch at the moment
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4843 posts
4378 upvotes
B.C.
ji2o0k wrote: lol - same sentiments here.............we binge-watched all 3 eps on Sat night and was hoping for more story development, a quicker pace with some action sprinkled inbetween....

but there were tooo many stories going on with different characters....yikes! we'll keep this one on the back burner since there are so many other interesting things to watch at the moment
The event of the first five minutes was promising, but it didn't continue like that and I was initially disappointed. I was waiting for a lot of alien-ish stuff to happen, but it didn't. Despite that, I really got caught up in the drama of the story lines. Lots of characters, agreed. But only five story lines as far as I can tell. And maybe the cheating husband will get zapped by aliens, here's hoping.

I read a review that compared "Invasion" to "The Leftovers," in that it's about the people rather than the event itself. I think that's true for this. I was sucked in despite the show not being what I expected, so I'll continue watching for now. But I completely understand why people wouldn't continue. A slow burn is an understatement LOL.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
@TheHans, I liked "The Leftovers"

Have not read any reviews, will starting watching after this season is done.

New Interview with co-creator David Weil

Speaking to CBR, Invasion co-creator David Weil explained where the series fits in the alien invasion genre and why he has always found himself drawn to science fiction and fantasy stories. He urged viewers to find the ways in which humanity is connected to one another, now more so than ever before, and broke down how the show exemplifies that. He shared the joy of working with Kinberg, as well as one of his favorite scenes from the series. He also revealed which character he relates to the most, what drew them to each setting they chose and more.

Invasion Co-Creator Teases More Alien Mayhem
https://www.cbr.com/invasion-david-weil-interview/
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4843 posts
4378 upvotes
B.C.
Dhanushan wrote: @TheHans, I liked "The Leftovers"

Have not read any reviews, will starting watching after this season is done.
If you liked "The Leftovers" you may like this. It's not your average alien invasion story let's just say. But it's got something. Hubby and I really like it still and we've watched four episodes now.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24667 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
TheHans wrote: If you liked "The Leftovers" you may like this. It's not your average alien invasion story let's just say. But it's got something. Hubby and I really like it still and we've watched four episodes now.
we have Ep.4 queued up for this weekend - will continue to watch to see how the stories unfold......
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4843 posts
4378 upvotes
B.C.
ji2o0k wrote: we have Ep.4 queued up for this weekend - will continue to watch to see how the stories unfold......
We were kind of annoyed that the stories drew us in, because we were looking for an alien story, not human drama LOL. But suddenly we'd watched all three episodes and we had to admit we liked it. And after watching episode four, we're not giving up yet...

BTW, have you ever seen "The Leftovers"? If not, you might give it a try. It's really something.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24667 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
TheHans wrote: We were kind of annoyed that the stories drew us in, because we were looking for an alien story, not human drama LOL. But suddenly we'd watched all three episodes and we had to admit we liked it. And after watching episode four, we're not giving up yet...

BTW, have you ever seen "The Leftovers"? If not, you might give it a try. It's really something.
whoa - haven't seen "The Leftovers" - thanks! Queuing it up as we speak!!! woot!!!

so much to watch, so little time! (not complaining - just sayin'!)
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4843 posts
4378 upvotes
B.C.
ji2o0k wrote: whoa - haven't seen "The Leftovers" - thanks! Queuing it up as we speak!!! woot!!!

so much to watch, so little time! (not complaining - just sayin'!)
Same here. And lots of shows coming up even! No time to rest LOL. I'm so jealous that you get to watch "The Leftovers" from the start and as a binge watch! But if you don't like it, that's fine too of course.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
Hmm, I haven't felt any of the stories drawing us in yet....I hope there is some kind of arc, instead of just a bunch of different people being affected by the aliens...is there something that's going to bind these events together?

Not sure I liked the subplot with the Sheriff, that kind of bugged me what happened. Is there going to be a connection at some point?
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8938 upvotes
Toronto
I do like this show overall so far after 5 episodes, but the pacing is too slow. Basically what is in these 5 episodes could have been put into 3 episodes. For example (and this isn't really a spoiler), there is a scene when the dad lies on the floor looking at his phone. This scene is completely superfluous.

BTW, for some reason I see these Friday shows on Thursday. Is this due to the various time zones covered? Cuz Thursday afternoon and night in Canada is Friday elsewhere.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4843 posts
4378 upvotes
B.C.
EugW wrote: I do like this show overall so far after 5 episodes, but the pacing is too slow. Basically what is in these 5 episodes could have been put into 3 episodes. For example (and this isn't really a spoiler), there is a scene when the dad lies on the floor looking at his phone. This scene is completely superfluous.

BTW, for some reason I see these Friday shows on Thursday. Is this due to the various time zones covered? Cuz Thursday afternoon and night in Canada is Friday elsewhere.
Apple+ releases its so-called Friday shows on Thursdays for whatever reason. They all seem to dump at around the same time -- "The Morning Show," "Acapulco," etc. I notice them at around 8pm in the west.

FWIW -- I don't really mind the pace. The only story line I don't care for so far is the one with Shamier Anderson as the soldier. A lot of overacting from a very good Canuck actor. But those small moments in the different story lines work for me, slower sometimes, not so slow other times. All for the character development IMO.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)