• Nov 5th, 2020 8:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1556 posts
1187 upvotes

Apple Watch 6 - Christmas Gift

Looking to get this as a gift.

Realistically what are my best chances of getting one for the best price?

I don’t follow Apple products / pricing too closely. Usually every 3 years I get a new iPhone and that’s my extent of Apple Shopping.

Got the kids IPads two years ago on a Black Friday deal through Target (USA)

Should I anticipate something similar for an Apple Watch?
Black Friday deals?
7 replies
Aug 11, 2018
975 posts
900 upvotes
best price is retail with apple.

they might have black friday deals, but apple's black friday deals are generally a gift card while you still have to pay full price.

other retailers may have slight discounts for black friday, bestbuy/walmart/etc, but don't expect much.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13910 posts
5524 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I think people usually wait for 20X triangle reward events to purchase the watch from Sportchek, and if you can get sportchek gift cards at a discount, that would give you additional discounts. However, if you are using a credit card for extended warranty, I think most require you to put the entire purchase on the credit card to be eligible for the extended warranty.

You can also keep an eye out for Staples promo codes/coupons and get the watch from Staples.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1556 posts
1187 upvotes
Awesome, thanks for the info.

I didn’t think it was something I’d be able to save much on if anything
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15277 posts
6674 upvotes
Ottawa
Sportchek with 20X triangle rewards has been the best recurring sale.

Last year, Staples was on fire with their coupons. Not sure if we'll see a repeat. staples-50-off-purchase-250-100-off-pur ... 0-2348323/ Got the 5 for $100 off

Other than that, $50 off will probably happen sometime this season is my guess
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1688 posts
343 upvotes
BC
Go with Apple purchase. You can custom design (according to availability) with strap of your choice, color etc. Return policy is quite good (2 weeks), only Costco is better.
But be prepared to live with one of the lousiest battery lives, especially with the "always on" display.
I have a Watch 5. The Battery barely lasts a day. That's the main drawback, otherwise its pretty good.
"If you ever doubted yourself, remember, the Stupidest Man on earth became President" Li Ka Shing
Aug 8, 2011
526 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
You can typically get Apple gift cards for 10% which helps a bit
BigTRBL

Spend money to save money...the theory is brilliant.
Apr 11, 2011
409 posts
129 upvotes
Memramcook
I don't know where you are located but my wife bought a Apple Watch 5 last year. It was at a Black Friday sale at Jump Plus in Moncton. She received a $25 gift card.

Sometimes Costco have it with a small discount but limited versions at the warehouse.

Bob