Apple Watch Series 5

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 29th, 2020 6:34 pm
[OP]
Oct 1, 2017
323 posts
410 upvotes

Apple Watch Series 5

The girlfriend finally had her fitbit die on her, and is absolutely dying to get one of these... So I figured id ask and see if anyone knows of any deals. She needs applecare+ due to potential of damage in her line of work, so used isn't really an option, and "just has to have" always on display, so no talking her down to an S3.

I think she is more interested in the Nike model due to the perforated strap, but I imagine the standard wouldn't end her world, haha.

Other than the $10 off at staples, anyone know of anything better?
4 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15063 posts
6612 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It's about 1-2 months away from the Series 6 being released, which will mean the Series 5 would go cheaper if she decides that still fits her needs.
[OP]
Oct 1, 2017
323 posts
410 upvotes
rvs007 wrote: It's about 1-2 months away from the Series 6 being released, which will mean the Series 5 would go cheaper if she decides that still fits her needs.
She needs it ASAP as her Fitbit just died. I am aware of series 6 coming. It won’t be anything major of an upgrade anyways. I follow Apple leaks quite studiously, nothing much other than a mostly useless SPO2 sensor sofar.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15063 posts
6612 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zobblplatz wrote: She needs it ASAP as her Fitbit just died. I am aware of series 6 coming. It won’t be anything major of an upgrade anyways. I follow Apple leaks quite studiously, nothing much other than a mostly useless SPO2 sensor sofar.
Right, but what I'm saying is regardless of whether the Series 6 will be worth the upgrade, it will inevitably drive down the price of the Series 5. We have seen earlier this year places like Staples and Sport Chek giving fairly deep discounts on the AWS4 as they are clearing old inventory. But if she needs it ASAP then it's a moot point.