• Apr 22nd, 2020 6:19 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 3, 2003
269 posts
83 upvotes
Alberta

Applied for EI, getting CERB

I applied for EI due to COVID and as expected, my EI was transferred to CERB.
My question is, as I still need to fill out my weekly EI reports, the last question is "Is there any other money that you have not previously told us about, that you received or will receive for the period of this report?"
Technically, I am being paid by CERB and not EI, so I would think just to be upfront and answer "Yes" to the question.
So, in this case, should I answer "Yes" or "No" to the above question that EI asks if I am receiving any other money.
Thoughts?
Thanks
Last edited by gordi777 on Apr 22nd, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4 replies
Nov 23, 2014
497 posts
466 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gordi777 wrote: I applied for EI due to COVID and as expected, my EI was transferred to CERB.
My question is, as I still need to fill out my weekly EI reports, the last question is "Is there any other money that you have not previously told us about, that you received or will receive for the period of this report?"
Technically, I am being paid by CERB and not EI, so I would think just to be upfront and answer "Yes" to the question.
Thoughts?
Thanks
I think if your EI payments are less than CERB,you will be paid CERB

If you receive both payments ,CRA will adjust them in your future payments
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6329 posts
1510 upvotes
Richmond Hill
gordi777 wrote: I applied for EI due to COVID and as expected, my EI was transferred to CERB.
Thoughts?
Thanks
Try asking here: ei-employment-insurance-discussion-thread-1091952/

i believe you will start receiving regular EI once all your CERB is paid out.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1888 posts
1710 upvotes
So, in this case, should I answer "Yes" or "No" to the above question that EI asks if I am receiving any other money.
Thoughts?
Thanks
I am working PT and on EI. i am a casual with the school board. My EI got trasnferred to CERB. I am still getting full CERB payments even though I am claiming the money from work. I dont know why. It is quite annoying as if I was just on EI they would automatically calculate the difference. I am clicking yes. if you aren't working then click no. do your weekly reports still because you wont get CERB.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2015
1462 posts
563 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
I'm in the same boat as you. I answered "no" however because I never received any money from EI, even though I originally applied for it, but instead they sent me CERB money. I never received any funds from EI. I fill out the EI reports as required, however.

The whole thing seems a mess to me but what do I know.