Credit Cards

Applied for, and got approved, for a Rogers CC - but no Credit Check. Why?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2018 2:13 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 23, 2018
6 posts
10 upvotes

Applied for, and got approved, for a Rogers CC - but no Credit Check. Why?

So, something is mind boggling.

I applied and received the Rogers Platinum card, with nearly 10k limit, but Equifax shows no credit check whatsoever.

I am a customer of Rogers, but don't see any checks on my account from Rogers, ever.

Is it possible that Rogers would give me a card without a check? Is that normal? Btw the card works.
12 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37058 posts
23028 upvotes
Center of Universe
Did you check TransUnion?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
6237 posts
4751 upvotes
purrrr wrote: So, something is mind boggling.

I applied and received the Rogers Platinum card, with nearly 10k limit, but Equifax shows no credit check whatsoever.

I am a customer of Rogers, but don't see any checks on my account from Rogers, ever.

Is it possible that Rogers would give me a card without a check? Is that normal? Btw the card works.
Rogers Checks TU.
Congrats. I believe many Rogers MC card holders will be jealous that you got nearly 10k CL from the very beginning.
💳 Amex Cobalt - MBNA RWE - Brim WE
😊 Amex Platinum - Bonvoy Brilliant Amex - CIBC Aeroplan VIP
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
6237 posts
4751 upvotes
Kiraly wrote: I only got $4k limit. Puniest initial limit I have received on any card in many years.
Your CL is higher than many ppl. A lot of ppl started at $500-1000.
💳 Amex Cobalt - MBNA RWE - Brim WE
😊 Amex Platinum - Bonvoy Brilliant Amex - CIBC Aeroplan VIP
Dec 15, 2017
191 posts
134 upvotes
They started me at $500 and some of my other credit cards I have limits over $14K.
- Do not repair what works!
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2017
1295 posts
1117 upvotes
Calgary
TheStefmeister wrote: They started me at $500 and some of my other credit cards I have limits over $14K.
MBNA seems to be the lender that doesn't like me, limit is under 4k when all my other limits are at least triple that. Rogers seems to love or hate people in the same way for no deductible reason.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15429 posts
13867 upvotes
Going to the Moon
CanadianSpruce wrote: MBNA seems to be the lender that doesn't like me, limit is under 4k when all my other limits are at least triple that. Rogers seems to love or hate people in the same way for no deductible reason.
Thinking Face

MBNA has been a generous lender. Got a $29k CL with them. Whenever I'd request an increase, they'd be quick to give me $2-5k on the fly. They may be less generous now, but I'd still recommend requesting a CL increase with them every six months. I think on two occasions they pre-approved me to double my CL.

TD's essentially the same bank. Approved me for $20k CL within two months spread across two cards.

CIBC pre-approved me for $20k CL. Didn't take it, wasn't in a rush to start churning CIBC since I think welcome bonuses are a one time thing with them. Got $7.5k CL pre-approved with RBC available, debating on whether and how soon to jump on it. AFAIK RBC is an easy lender. They said no expiry to pre-approval.
🐧Premium Life: CDC💳 [❄️Icey❄️ Private Status]/SwissBorg🍀 Genesis💎/InLock🔓/Netflix📺 UHD [100% off]/Amazon 🛍️[Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]🥕
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2017
1556 posts
879 upvotes
I stiffed Amex about 10 years ago, and they approved me for 6600 with no credit check. Instantly approved.

I applied for a lark just to see if their dreaded "black list" was true.

Guess not.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
6499 posts
3909 upvotes
Yeah, Rogers MC is very stingy with CL. I was lucky and got $8K CL. I recently asked for an increase (hoping to go to $15K at least) due to home renovation spends. Well they only gave me $2K more and said if I want more than that, I will be hit with a credit check so I accepted the $2K. Soon enough, my this month statement came in with $9.5K balance. I think I will have to pay down some if I want to use the card for more purchases :(
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5384 posts
1245 upvotes
Montreal
I thought my 4k limit was low but I guess it's a Rogers thing.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
37058 posts
23028 upvotes
Center of Universe
mkl38s wrote: Yeah, Rogers MC is very stingy with CL. I was lucky and got $8K CL. I recently asked for an increase (hoping to go to $15K at least) due to home renovation spends. Well they only gave me $2K more and said if I want more than that, I will be hit with a credit check so I accepted the $2K. Soon enough, my this month statement came in with $9.5K balance. I think I will have to pay down some if I want to use the card for more purchases :(
Did you upgrade to the WE?
They bumped be to the "max" of $15K.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
6499 posts
3909 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Did you upgrade to the WE?
They bumped be to the "max" of $15K.
yeah, I did and even got email from Rogersbank confirming the upgrade. But rep told me the same credit limit will be carried over which was disappointed

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)