None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 24, 2005
14340 posts
656 upvotes
Toronto

Applying Online?

I find that this is useless, they almost never reply back, only the low-end jobs with desperate companies reply back via Email. I got 2 replies back for telemarketing which I hate to do. I applied at Future Shop and Best Buy numerous times with their online resume and survey, that doesn't work very well. I am still in high school and looking for a part-time job then full-time in the summer. I think I'll just print out large amounts of resumes and leave them in my dads car just in case we go anywhere that I would like to apply. But anyone have good experiences online?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
1615 posts
40 upvotes
If you're applying for a high school summer job, its really not worth your while. Just try the traditional way of going in person.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2005
1370 posts
4 upvotes
The majority of jobs that I apply for are done online and I've received interviews. I am a university grad so things will be different for me as oppose to a high school student looking for part-time work.
Feb 20, 2005
655 posts
2 upvotes
if you are just applying to retail jobs and stuff for the summer, it's easier to just go in person, since the manager can just screen u right there, check outside the stores and look for hiring signs. I remember back when I applied to GAP, i just walked in to hand in my resume and they gave me an interview right there and called me back with a job in like two weeks or something.

I think online application are more effective when you are applying for a more serious job that requires them to really look at ur resume. If it's a highschool part time/summer, applying in person is better.

Good luck!
Aug 7, 2005
548 posts
51 upvotes
As a college grad, I've also gotten tons of calls from applying online.

If you're not getting calls from FS/BB, it could be b/c you're failing the Reid test online. The correct answer is NOT "realistically, this is what I'd do because I'm human." Yes, you would turn in your own mother if you caught her stealing and no you've never argued with a customer, even if you "thought" they deserved it.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2004
3808 posts
348 upvotes
Toronto
ktan09 wrote:I applied at Future Shop and Best Buy numerous times with their online resume and survey, that doesn't work very well.
How do you not get an interview at Best Buy/Future Shop?

The only reason they would not consider your application is the first few questions they ask you. Whether or not you have experience in retail, sales, electronics, etc.

After that its the most basic questions such as "do you think its right to take things that do not belong to you?".. :lol: unless you are completely petarded, you can do it. Again, unless you don't have any experience in retail.