[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22025 posts
25629 upvotes
Toronto

[Arbys] Arby's- free gyro sandwich w/med drink purchase

http://arbys.ca/get-deals

It's nice. Happen to be near Niagara Falls this weekend and found this. Got email for deal right away.

@smacd
Q - Arby's makes donairs? How it the quality of the meat? Is it carved, or pre-sliced packaged crap? Sweet sauce or tzatziki?

A - Just had this at the 6624 Lundy's Lane location. Pretty tasty overall. Fresh tomatoes, onions, generous portion of gyro meat (also available with turkey or roast beef). Had tzatziki sauce but not overly garlicky.

I'd definitely get this again if it were available in downtown Toronto, great value. Usually the sandwich alone is $6.49.
Images
  • IMG_20191013_135808.jpg
  • IMG_20191013_140501.jpg
Last edited by sprung on Oct 13th, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
8742 posts
5676 upvotes
Kootenays
Arby's makes donairs? How it the quality of the meat? Is it carved, or pre-sliced packaged crap? Sweet sauce or tzatziki?
Apr 17, 2019
44 posts
71 upvotes
I want the answer too. Thanks for investigating Thinking Face
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22214 posts
167507 upvotes
GTA
Miss my occasional fix from this place...too bad locations are so few and far between for those in the GTA. Closest locations are Oshawa and Burlington now, lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5320 posts
2302 upvotes
toguy wrote: Miss my occasional fix from this place...too bad locations are so few and far between for those in the GTA. Closest locations are Oshawa and Burlington now, lol.
What's good about it? Seemed like really bad looking and unhealthy food.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22214 posts
167507 upvotes
GTA
ar2020 wrote: What's good about it? Seemed like really bad looking and unhealthy food.
'Bad looking/unhealthy' is subjective, and really doesn't matter much, as far as fast food is concerned - taste is king. By that logic, a lot of the other common fast food joints should be out of business (McDonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King, etc).

Their roast beef sandwiches were awesome back in the day...
Jun 19, 2006
293 posts
97 upvotes
Brantford, ON
Thanks OP! Haven't been to Arby's for decades . Just got my email and deal only good til the 16th.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
22025 posts
25629 upvotes
Toronto
lizardlips wrote: Thanks OP! Haven't been to Arby's for decades . Just got my email and deal only good til the 16th.
Offer expires 3 days from send date. That's why yours is October 16. Just keep signing up with different emails.
"I felt a great disturbance at KFC as if millions of chickens suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced." RFD user stephroll
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2005
1482 posts
1237 upvotes
toguy wrote: 'Bad looking/unhealthy' is subjective, and really doesn't matter much, as far as fast food is concerned - taste is king. By that logic, a lot of the other common fast food joints should be out of business (McDonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King, etc).

Their roast beef sandwiches were awesome back in the day...
I am definitely in the minority here but I really like taco bell.
Jan 17, 2017
139 posts
69 upvotes
opened a new location 3 minutes from my house in Stoney creek. got the deal about four times so far, usually every second visit
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
14749 posts
4206 upvotes
Scarberia
is there one at the STC? i havn'et eaten at arbys in decades!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1502 posts
5354 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
They need to build more arby's.
What's in your wallet?
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11784 posts
2727 upvotes
Toronto
Question:

When Eaton Centre was getting its food court renovated...and also the same with Yorkdale Mall....Arby's had branches in both malls before then.

Why did Arby's close those 2 Toronto branches after both Malls finished the food court renovations? It makes no sense.

I also wish Carl's Junior opened again in Toronto. I was really upset seeing them leave after 6 months of being successful here over a real estate contract dispute. (Hardee's and CJ are my fave fast food chains of all time...nothing to me beats the quality AND Variety of their sandwiches....nothing! Not even McDs or any other chain).

Arby's is my second fave chain after Hardee's/Carl's Junior. Love their curly fries, Roast Beef Sandwiches and Baked Potatoes.
Last edited by Scorpionsy on Oct 13th, 2019 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5320 posts
2302 upvotes
slayerwulf wrote: I am definitely in the minority here but I really like taco bell.
Definitely not in the minority. I appreciate authentic Mexican food down in the USA but still Taco Bell is incredible for what it is.