PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2024 10:48 am
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
4772 posts
1561 upvotes
khangt1 wrote: @Totoriko what/where are the plans you used for the cabinet that holds the X-Arcade Tankstick?
Didn't use any plans, I made my own. Based it vaguely on a Vewlix and the dimensions of the x-arcade
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8650 upvotes
GTA
Carpe Diem wrote: I would pay $499 for a Robotron 2084 - Galaga - Donkey Kong - Mrs Pac Man cabinet.

Soon after these come out, Someone will open her up and see what's running these.
Shouldn't be long after that, you will be able to add games.
Thats why I think the SF2 cabinet would be the most valuable of them all. 2 joysticks with a lot of buttons will give you more gaming options later, if and when it gets hacked.
I'm sure it will get hacked, look at the NES Classic. It was probably cheaper for Nintendo to buy small logic boards with a plethora of onboard memory built in, than to customize the board to hold just enough memory for the amount needed for the games on it. I'm calling it now, this will be the same thing and someone will quickly figure out how to gain access, futz around, and make this an awesome midget-sized arcade cabinet Not me, but someone who is actually, like, smart Grinning Face
c'mon get happy!
Feb 19, 2011
6 posts
5 upvotes
Guelph
All retailers, including Walmart.com, have lowered the pre order price to $299usd from $399usd. Walmart Canada is the only retailer that hasn't lowered their pre order price of $499cdn.
I have read a post that says Walmart Canada will lower their price.
I have contacted Walmart Canada about this and I am waiting for an answer.
I will report back here with am update shortly.
Feb 19, 2011
6 posts
5 upvotes
Guelph
BernardRyder wrote: Thats why I think the SF2 cabinet would be the most valuable of them all. 2 joysticks with a lot of buttons will give you more gaming options later, if and when it gets hacked.
I'm sure it will get hacked, look at the NES Classic. It was probably cheaper for Nintendo to buy small logic boards with a plethora of onboard memory built in, than to customize the board to hold just enough memory for the amount needed for the games on it. I'm calling it now, this will be the same thing and someone will quickly figure out how to gain access, futz around, and make this an awesome midget-sized arcade cabinet Not me, but someone who is actually, like, smart Grinning Face
I completely agree with you and I preordered the Street fighter cab months ago for this exact reason :)
I should mention that unless Walmart lowers the price of these just as every other retailer has, I will cancel my pre order.
Feb 19, 2011
6 posts
5 upvotes
Guelph
khulit wrote: They should make table type arcade machine rather than cabinet type ones... The table type arcade machines would be a great center table for the living room... just cover it with some table cloth, and voila, no wasted space...
They actually are designing cocktail cabinets as well. I'm very excited for them. They showed off a couple at e3
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8650 upvotes
GTA
Dirtydan11 wrote: They actually are designing cocktail cabinets as well. I'm very excited for them. They showed off a couple at e3
Oh, didn't know that. So they just cut 2 1/2' off the bottom off the 4' cabinet I would assume Grinning Face
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
3055 posts
90 upvotes
This looks like a pic of the cocktail cabinets.

Seize the Day!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2003
3055 posts
90 upvotes
I Like that Lift option on that cabinet.

Seize the Day!
Oct 28, 2012
419 posts
159 upvotes
Ajax, ON
How could someone coin-op something like this?
I like the look of that arcade room, but my friends are ashbowls and I'd better get them used to paying up front...
Jun 30, 2009
905 posts
383 upvotes
Vancouver
Carpe Diem wrote: This looks like a pic of the cocktail cabinets.

How the heck are you supposed to play 2-player Street Fighter on a cocktail cabinet like that? The screen doesn't look like it's oriented towards either player.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2010
1255 posts
814 upvotes
Canada
dchimera wrote: How the heck are you supposed to play 2-player Street Fighter on a cocktail cabinet like that? The screen doesn't look like it's oriented towards either player.
The vertical screen becomes 2 small horizontal screens facing each player.
Feb 19, 2011
6 posts
5 upvotes
Guelph
Update from my Walmart Canada inquiry...
"Walmart U.S stores and Walmart Canada stores operate as separate business units. That being said, each country has their own suppliers leaving the potential for each country to have different prices on products. We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused."
..I'm still holding out for a price cut. Sorry about the answer I recieved
Jul 13, 2011
673 posts
404 upvotes
Ottawa
Dirtydan11 wrote: Update from my Walmart Canada inquiry...
"Walmart U.S stores and Walmart Canada stores operate as separate business units. That being said, each country has their own suppliers leaving the potential for each country to have different prices on products. We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused."
Isn't it the same supplier though?
Jun 6, 2018
347 posts
455 upvotes
These will be well worth the $399 Canadian if that's the final price, and to build a real size one that has good quality it will cost over way more then 400 bucks
Mar 25, 2013
775 posts
783 upvotes
Toronto
Ah not to bad. I built my own for about the same price.

If any one is interested I have some AutoCad drawings posted on an article i wrote about it.

Link
DroidKid
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8650 upvotes
GTA
taskmasta wrote: How could someone coin-op something like this?
I like the look of that arcade room, but my friends are ashbowls and I'd better get them used to paying up front...
Just charge an entry fee. $5 a head for unlimited play, on any game, just like any arcade bar.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
captainjay09 wrote: These will be well worth the $399 Canadian if that's the final price, and to build a real size one that has good quality it will cost over way more then 400 bucks
Ya - well over $1000 for any stand up multi-player.

That said - I would be more interested in these if there was a way to hack them for more games.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2668 posts
1400 upvotes
North York
I am interested in finding out the quality of the screen.

The size is decent if you do not want a full sized version.
Oct 28, 2012
419 posts
159 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Dirtydan11 wrote: Update from my Walmart Canada inquiry...
That's essentially the same answer I got when I inquired about some Walmart brand coffee creamer I had bought in Florida vs here. Price and taste were totally different.
Answer boiled down to shipping, low population, customs and exchange rate. Walmart even called me directly to explain and appologize. The taste they couldn't​ account for lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)