PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2024 10:48 am
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3479 posts
1769 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: Saw a Pac-Man in a Costco today, Weston and Hwy 7 in Vaughan. $350 for it, it might get cheaper as Christmas gets closer if anyone is interested in watching.
Really?

Didn't know they had them in Costco Canada....I wonder if it's the special bundled one's like they had in the US Costco.

Does it come with the custom stool, graphic riser, and lit marquee?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4012 posts
715 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: Saw a Pac-Man in a Costco today, Weston and Hwy 7 in Vaughan. $350 for it, it might get cheaper as Christmas gets closer if anyone is interested in watching.
That's great news. Did it come with riser or lit marquee?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
3479 posts
1769 upvotes
swales wrote: That's great news. Did it come with riser or lit marquee?
I just checked with my Costco contacts ;) it's the basic machine, no riser nothing.

And it looks like stores are receiving them this week.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Does it have a riser and lit marquee?
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Cech wrote: I just checked with my Costco contacts ;) it's the basic machine, no riser nothing.

Brutal. Was hoping for the US Costco model.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4012 posts
715 upvotes
Cech wrote: I just checked with my Costco contacts ;) it's the basic machine, no riser nothing.

That sucks, not worth it all. Canada gets screwed again
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4012 posts
715 upvotes
mrtvgame wrote: Screw Pacman, where are the other titles?
Well considering they're not even selling the newer version of Pac Man but instead the left over 2018 stock I don't think we'll see any of the newer ones
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8626 upvotes
GTA
Sorry everyone, looks like I caused a panic! It looked like a basic one, like a launch model as pointed out. I didn't see them last year at Costco, last arcade machine I saw was one from the Chicago Gaming Company before 1Up was even a thing.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
swales wrote: Well considering they're not even selling the newer version of Pac Man but instead the left over 2018 stock I don't think we'll see any of the newer ones
No, it looks pretty hopeless for us here in terms of special editions or bonus boxes (or deals of any kind). Maybe some sales after Christmas as some stores have some stock (Brick, Canada Computers and Walmart).

FInd an Amerifriend or order to your closest port of entry and pick up if you want the nice stuff.

I guess we shouldn't complain too much. Europe and Australia got nothing for Christmas. At least we did get wave 3 units.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4012 posts
715 upvotes
kool1 wrote: No, it looks pretty hopeless for us here in terms of special editions or bonus boxes (or deals of any kind). Maybe some sales after Christmas as some stores have some stock (Brick, Canada Computers and Walmart).

FInd an Amerifriend or order to your closest port of entry and pick up if you want the nice stuff.

I guess we shouldn't complain too much. Europe and Australia got nothing for Christmas. At least we did get wave 3 units.
I don't think the Canadian retailers will have much of a sale on these after Xmas as they learnt from wave 1 and the only walmarts getting physical stock are ones that sold units previously without having to do deep discounts and they only stock 1-3 at a time instead of the stacks we saw previously. Not sure how many the Brick have as in store stock, Canada Computers seem to usually have 4 or so.
May 31, 2008
298 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto
Found at my local Walmart in Ontario
It was hiding in with the tv's this time
Images
  • IMG_20191129_091128.jpg
  • IMG_20191129_091118.jpg
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
swales wrote: I don't think the Canadian retailers will have much of a sale on these after Xmas as they learnt from wave 1 and the only walmarts getting physical stock are ones that sold units previously without having to do deep discounts and they only stock 1-3 at a time instead of the stacks we saw previously. Not sure how many the Brick have as in store stock, Canada Computers seem to usually have 4 or so.
You are probably right.

Wishful thinking but at least this year there are multiple retailers selling these machines. Gives me a little hope. Winking Face
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2005
4158 posts
2892 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a place in Canada or cheap place to get control decks aside from Arcade 1up official site?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
Street Fighter 2 will be $328 at The Brick December 26 only if anyone is interested.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Spiderpal93 wrote: Is there a place in Canada or cheap place to get control decks aside from Arcade 1up official site?
Arcade 1up decks are actually the cheapest. DIY Arcade sells them but they are pricey and shipping to Canada is super expensive.

I just sold a spare deck - look out on ebay for people selling maybe?
Nov 17, 2018
5 posts
5 upvotes
Canada Computers Prices for boxing day:
https://www.canadacomputers.com/search/ ... rds=Arcade

TMNT: 479.99 (reg. 549.99)
Marvel: $469.99 (Reg. $529.99)
MK: $469.99 (reg. $529.99)
Star Wars: $569.99 (reg. $649.99)
Galaga: $439.99 (reg. $499.99)

The Brick boxing Day deals:
https://www.thebrick.com/pages/search-results?q=Arcade
Street Fighter: $328
TMNT: $498

The Brick will price match the Canada Computers Prices, but you need to add the CC A1Ups to your cart for the price to show up. The Brick also have six/twelve month financing options which brings an arcade to around $50-80 a month.

Nothing great compared to USA but better than Ive seen in Canada so far. I did bite on SW and TMNT since I gave up hope on finding them for better prices before they disappear.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
Jackalope wrote: Canada Computers Prices for boxing day:
https://www.canadacomputers.com/search/ ... rds=Arcade

TMNT: 479.99 (reg. 549.99)
Marvel: $469.99 (Reg. $529.99)
MK: $469.99 (reg. $529.99)
Star Wars: $569.99 (reg. $649.99)
Galaga: $439.99 (reg. $499.99)

The Brick boxing Day deals:
https://www.thebrick.com/pages/search-results?q=Arcade
Street Fighter: $328
TMNT: $498

The Brick will price match the Canada Computers Prices, but you need to add the CC A1Ups to your cart for the price to show up. The Brick also have six/twelve month financing options which brings an arcade to around $50-80 a month.

Nothing great compared to USA but better than Ive seen in Canada so far. I did bite on SW and TMNT since I gave up hope on finding them for better prices before they disappear.
Can anyone actually confirm they were able to PM with Brick as Brick tends to be difficult to deal with.
Nov 17, 2018
5 posts
5 upvotes
I used the 1352 Dufferin St. Brick in Toronto and they price matched with zero issues. Just be sure to get them to view the Canada Computers Prices once it's added to cart.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)