PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2020 10:35 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
3841 posts
1281 upvotes
Ajax
BernardRyder wrote: Dumb question: if you play 2 player, does the screen flip upside down for player 2? I never played one of these back in the day with a second player. Oh and same for SF2, how the heck does that work?
I recall it flips for player 2. For SF2, no idea unless the screen is split in the middle?
Sr. Member
Jan 30, 2010
720 posts
334 upvotes
North Battleford
Sf2 the screen is split. It makes the screen for each player rather small.
Newbie
Jul 16, 2018
22 posts
3 upvotes
Hey, I'm moving in a couple weeks to a house with my dream basement and so to be man cave!

I would love to grab one of these, but I haven't quite convinced myself it's worth the full price.

If anyone knows where I can grab a SF, MK2, or Golden Tee machine for a good price, I would GREATLY appreciate it
Jr. Member
Jun 6, 2018
142 posts
118 upvotes
Has anyone ordered a cabinet off of london drugs? Is there extra shipping added on? Thanks
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 16, 2009
1653 posts
1903 upvotes
GTA
captainjay09 wrote: Has anyone ordered a cabinet off of london drugs? Is there extra shipping added on? Thanks
You'd have to do a search in the thread for specifics but LD does add shipping. Actually the Hot Deals had a recent thread where people were saying the shipping on the sale price at LD killed the deal, I think it added another $150 to the total. Why don't you go through the process to see how much it is, most retail sites give a shipping estimate before you click through to pay.
c'mon get happy!
Jr. Member
Jun 6, 2018
142 posts
118 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: You'd have to do a search in the thread for specifics but LD does add shipping. Actually the Hot Deals had a recent thread where people were saying the shipping on the sale price at LD killed the deal, I think it added another $150 to the total. Why don't you go through the process to see how much it is, most retail sites give a shipping estimate before you click through to pay.
The check out says free shipping, that's why I was asking if they added extra shipping on later. Cause with added shipping cost not really worth it
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 16, 2009
1653 posts
1903 upvotes
GTA
captainjay09 wrote: The check out says free shipping, that's why I was asking if they added extra shipping on later. Cause with added shipping cost not really worth it
Well that is possible, maybe you're in an area where they ship directly from? I think there were some people in the thread who were charged very little for shipping. Are you out West by any chance?

EDIT: here's the thread I remember
london-drugs-arcade1up-street-fighter-c ... g-2369860/
One person from the GTA was complaining it was $132 for shipping, but someone else in the thread said you could pick up yourself for $70. Pickup was in Mississauga.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 22, 2005
10491 posts
3016 upvotes
zoso454 wrote: Has anyone seen cocktail machines in-store?
On-line only. I think the only stores I have seen Arcade 1ups in are Canada Computers and Walmart in small numbers.

AnthonyM170 wrote: If anyone knows where I can grab a SF, MK2, or Golden Tee machine for a good price, I would GREATLY appreciate it
If you live in the GTA - Auctionmaxx has had great deals from time to time. The Brick has $50 off certain cabs from time to time. I have seen used ones on Kijiji also.

They are fun machines, highly recommend.
Newbie
May 28, 2010
60 posts
13 upvotes
I got two cabs from London Drugs, free ship to Ontario
Newbie
May 28, 2010
60 posts
13 upvotes
captainjay09 wrote: Has anyone ordered a cabinet off of london drugs? Is there extra shipping added on? Thanks
Freeship for me to Ontario, two separate cab orders.
Member
User avatar
Jun 2, 2006
345 posts
90 upvotes
Lachenaie, QC
I managed to pick up an MK and Marvel cabinet from Walmart last month for $300 each (thanks to StockTrack).
I'm now ready to start modding one of them...most likely the Marvel cabinet with MAME. Every video I've seen online on where to order the parts (buttons, joysticks, lcd boards, etc) from are on Amazon.com or ebay...and with the exchange rate, plus the delays in shipping is kind of a deal breaker for me.

My two questions:
1. Have any of you modded the Marvel cabinet yet? If yes, where did you source your parts from? (I'm aware of the videos posted from ETAPrime and his Arcade1up mods)
2. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a canadian site where I can order the parts needed?

thanks!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 16, 2009
1653 posts
1903 upvotes
GTA
pesttt wrote: I managed to pick up an MK and Marvel cabinet from Walmart last month for $300 each (thanks to StockTrack).
I'm now ready to start modding one of them...most likely the Marvel cabinet with MAME. Every video I've seen online on where to order the parts (buttons, joysticks, lcd boards, etc) from are on Amazon.com or ebay...and with the exchange rate, plus the delays in shipping is kind of a deal breaker for me.

My two questions:
1. Have any of you modded the Marvel cabinet yet? If yes, where did you source your parts from? (I'm aware of the videos posted from ETAPrime and his Arcade1up mods)
2. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a canadian site where I can order the parts needed?

thanks!
Doesn't the Marvel cabinet come with Sanwa hardware already? I'm not saying you can't do better of course, but you could save a few bucks and not have to invest in that part at least. Unless of course you can't get them to work with a new board.
c'mon get happy!
Member
User avatar
Jun 2, 2006
345 posts
90 upvotes
Lachenaie, QC
BernardRyder wrote: Doesn't the Marvel cabinet come with Sanwa hardware already? I'm not saying you can't do better of course, but you could save a few bucks and not have to invest in that part at least. Unless of course you can't get them to work with a new board.
i thought it did too...but the Marvel Limited Edition (sold at the brick https://www.thebrick.com/products/arcad ... with-riser comes with the upgraded joysticks, lighted marquee, etc.
The one from Walmart is the Marvel Special Edition...not the same unfortunately
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 16, 2008
2353 posts
684 upvotes
Calgary
pesttt wrote: I managed to pick up an MK and Marvel cabinet from Walmart last month for $300 each (thanks to StockTrack).
I'm now ready to start modding one of them...most likely the Marvel cabinet with MAME. Every video I've seen online on where to order the parts (buttons, joysticks, lcd boards, etc) from are on Amazon.com or ebay...and with the exchange rate, plus the delays in shipping is kind of a deal breaker for me.

My two questions:
1. Have any of you modded the Marvel cabinet yet? If yes, where did you source your parts from? (I'm aware of the videos posted from ETAPrime and his Arcade1up mods)
2. Can anyone point me in the right direction to a canadian site where I can order the parts needed?

thanks!
I haven't done it myself but I was researching it. You can get a Video Converter Board and USB Encoder on Amazon.ca

The article I read said to open it up to make sure what monitor you have and search the serial number to get the right one.

Also the new joysticks on the regular cab are supposed to be sanwa clones and people say they are huge improvements to the first gen and some prefer them to the sanwa buttons on the limited edition because they liked the indent vs the round buttons.

Top