PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2020 5:22 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2626 posts
2804 upvotes
GTA
mrtvgame wrote: Oh yes their search engine is mostly ass. For sure if you are handy. however, obviously action maxx folks are not. If easily fixed they could increase the price.
If they fix it then they are selling an item they refurbed themselves and might have to offer warranty on it. Sell it as is and there's no deception there, it might work or it might not work.
c'mon get happy!
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4845 posts
1829 upvotes
Ajax
BernardRyder wrote: If they fix it then they are selling an item they refurbed themselves and might have to offer warranty on it. Sell it as is and there's no deception there, it might work or it might not work.
Sure places like this are so dodgy they could try and fix themselves and nobody would know any better. For all we know they have already tried and failed.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2626 posts
2804 upvotes
GTA
mrtvgame wrote: Sure places like this are so dodgy they could try and fix themselves and nobody would know any better. For all we know they have already tried and failed.
Very true. But I've visited once to buy a 1Up cabinet and I didn't get the feeling the employees in the warehouse section could care less/would know how, lol. Heck it took them 10 minutes to get my order, and that was with only one person ahead of me!
The as is cabinets could be great for someone who wants to modify it, at the right price.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2626 posts
2804 upvotes
GTA
kool1 wrote: If anyone is looking for a harder to find Space Invaders - $299 + $50 shipping at BuyStuffStore.ca. Not bad!

Free pick up if you are near Belleville ON.

https://buystuffstore.ca/search#q=arcade
The prices with shipping are decent. They have Golden Tee and their Twitter says they are getting Star Wars soon.
c'mon get happy!
Aug 4, 2003
736 posts
76 upvotes
Edmonton
be aware Brick will charge you the full amount for a pre-order.
Jul 27, 2006
23 posts
149 upvotes
Just bought a Arcade 1up cabinet and am looking to customize a control panel to 4 players. Are there any Canadian sellers who make these panels? I see X-99 arcade makes them but they are from the US.
Dec 26, 2005
892 posts
307 upvotes
Ottawa
kool1 wrote: Anyone in Ontario - these guys are great. They also sell 60-1 modded units.

https://buystuffstore.ca/search#q=arcade

Also now have the AtGames Legend

https://buystuffstore.ca/atgames-legend ... 36280-5350
damn.... that actually looks pretty sweet. It looks like a full size cabinet... is that true? Also, is that a trackball in the middle? I'd mostly want this for Golden Tee, if it's on there, or mod-able (which ofcourse it would be)
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10858 posts
3377 upvotes
jay_w wrote: damn.... that actually looks pretty sweet. It looks like a full size cabinet... is that true? Also, is that a trackball in the middle? I'd mostly want this for Golden Tee, if it's on there, or mod-able (which ofcourse it would be)
I have a Legends

You can load any ROM on it. I have Coinops X mine - very easy to add.

Cabinet is around 7/8 scale - not as heavy though
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2626 posts
2804 upvotes
GTA
Arcade 1Up made some plug and play home consoles? You can even add roms to them

Not a glowing review but I think he focuses on the NES emulation and roms a lot. If the Namco one plays arcade roms this could be a good buy if the price gets reduced.
c'mon get happy!
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4845 posts
1829 upvotes
Ajax
I wish they had a machine that had Ms. Pacman and Galaga, just like the dual ones the arcades had years ago.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10858 posts
3377 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: Arcade 1Up made some plug and play home consoles? You can even add roms to them

Not a glowing review but I think he focuses on the NES emulation and roms a lot. If the Namco one plays arcade roms this could be a good buy if the price gets reduced.
These remind me of the AtGames Blast units which they were clearing for $5 at Bed Bath and Beyond.

$40 USD sounds crazy expensive and there are much better ways to play console game ROMs.
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2626 posts
2804 upvotes
GTA
kool1 wrote: These remind me of the AtGames Blast units which they were clearing for $5 at Bed Bath and Beyond.

$40 USD sounds crazy expensive and there are much better ways to play console game ROMs.
He mentioned the ATGames Blast and said the controller on this feels even cheaper than those lol
I have a couple of the Blasts from clearance, not terrible but I bought two hoping to play multiplayer and it doesn't work. You need a special Blast joystick to do that. Ridiculous.
I would buy the Namco one if it was on salve for under $20 just to throw roms on it, but definitely overpriced as it is. I didn't see any in Canada yet.
c'mon get happy!