PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2020 5:21 pm
Oct 27, 2008
12 posts
7 upvotes
Thanks to @Jackalope for the tip. Yes, Ikea LACK works great. Just remember to get rubber pads for the cabinet feet and table.
Images
  • LRM_EXPORT_53287222403330_20181120_004401766.jpeg
Nov 19, 2018
6 posts
3 upvotes
Has anyone received the control panel covers in Canada? I have ordered 3 of them for my machines however I’m worried they’ll ship USPS/Canada Post which means I’ll likely never get them with the current strike action going on!
Sep 13, 2015
415 posts
219 upvotes
Anyone spot this in Scarborough? Want to grab this on black Friday for $349
Glory Glory Man United
Jan 28, 2014
590 posts
215 upvotes
The max weight load for the Lack table is 55 lbs so this is just over it.

I'm sure it's fine but I also plan on putting a PC inside and use it for mame/Tekken and SFV which will add quite a bit more weight so I'll probably use something more sturdy like a folding table with adjustable height.
Jan 28, 2014
590 posts
215 upvotes
directorpaul wrote: Thanks to @Jackalope for the tip. Yes, Ikea LACK works great. Just remember to get rubber pads for the cabinet feet and table.
How are the joysticks I've heard mixed reviews from its complete trash to it's a sanwa clone.

Also does your control deck have the protective film/layer to prevent the paint from wearing out on this new Canadian batch?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6578 posts
2636 upvotes
Canada
Don't these only have a 30 day warranty ... pity anyone who is buying for gifts and cracks open a dude. QC on these is terrible.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10481 posts
3003 upvotes
Still have not seen these on the west end of the GTA, no risers either. Walmart seems very disorganized - hopefully all stocked for Friday.

Really want the Galaga but it's nowhere to be seen. :(
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9292 posts
1944 upvotes
Winnipeg
drnic wrote: Interesting - and they also offer the arcade stick version for $680 which I suppose you could then build into whatever box/screen you like:
http://thehomearcade.ca/arcade-stick/

and which plays a whole heck of a lot more games...
bought this although peeps may find them cheaper but had dvi, 17 inch 5ms 4:3 and nice viewing angle was 28 bucks shipped with a nice heavy swivel base.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CP1 ... UTF8&psc=1
Perfect for the rpi2 I have and usb joystick 8 button(rpi mounted modded inside) I already own for 30 on a wicked previous sale a while back. 8 buck usb speakers.

Will make a very nice wall hanging retro arcade
Oct 27, 2008
12 posts
7 upvotes
STIGUY wrote: How are the joysticks I've heard mixed reviews from its complete trash to it's a sanwa clone.

Also does your control deck have the protective film/layer to prevent the paint from wearing out on this new Canadian batch?
I'm not a pro gamer, but they serve it's purpose. Fireballs are easy to do, but a bit harder to do uppercut. No protective layer- had to call customer service to get the plexiglass with graphic sticker. ETA 4-6 weeks.
Oct 31, 2007
3418 posts
475 upvotes
directorpaul wrote: I'm not a pro gamer, but they serve it's purpose. Fireballs are easy to do, but a bit harder to do uppercut. No protective layer- had to call customer service to get the plexiglass with graphic sticker. ETA 4-6 weeks.
Can you elaborate? What is the plexiglass for, where the controls go? Was there any cost?
Dec 6, 2009
115 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
directorpaul wrote: I'm not a pro gamer, but they serve it's purpose. Fireballs are easy to do, but a bit harder to do uppercut. No protective layer- had to call customer service to get the plexiglass with graphic sticker. ETA 4-6 weeks.
it being hard to do shoryukens is just because it's Street Fighter 2 and the motion is more difficult.
Nov 19, 2018
6 posts
3 upvotes
nufan wrote: Can you elaborate? What is the plexiglass for, where the controls go? Was there any cost?
Videos on google showing this now. Plexi is very thin and is simply an overlay with holes for buttons and sticks.

None of the cabinets currently include the cover and must be ordered by talking to support.
Jan 28, 2014
590 posts
215 upvotes
I finally grabbed one from Walmart (they are available in most stores, even if the website says they don't they have them).

The joysticks are fine, unless I'm lucky and got the sanwa clones but they are pretty similar to the Madcatz TE sticks I got with the Sanwa parts in them.

I was able to pull off 20 fireballs in a row after I tightened the Ball tops (they kept coming loose). Very happy with my purchase as Street Fighter 2 is my favorite game growing up. Charge characters like Blanka and Guile work perfectly too, was able to beat the computer in SSF2T which people like to complain has a high difficulty.

I put a video on YouTube of how to tighten the ball tops because they keep coming loose (basically need to open the dust cover and tighten with a screw driver from the bottom while twisting on the top)

Hope the video helps someone.
Nov 20, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
I can confirm that the rampage unit has the glitch . I play up to level 30 and glitched at 31. They were helpful in offering to replace the board and to send the control cover. I am not that happy about having to take apart the unit. Also the glitch has been known for about a month. Were this units released with a known defective pcb. Also the replacement parts are being shipped via ups which means we will probably get dinged for a brokerage fee charge. I got a warranty replacement for a zagg glass protector for my phone last month shipped via ups and got charged $20 for the brokerage fee.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)