PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2020 2:36 pm
Mar 15, 2010
626 posts
141 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Extended Holiday Return Policy
Items purchased between December 1, 2018 - December 25, 2018 can be returned by:
January 9, 2019 for items with a 14 day return window
January 10, 2019 for items with a 15 day return window
January 25, 2019 for items with a 30 day return window

So buy Dec 1st and you are safe to adjust the price unless they drop the price on 26-29 !!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10485 posts
3006 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote: Finally got someone on the phone to check. They don't have any!!
Thanks - saves me a trip.
kr0zet wrote: *GRAIN OF SALT WARNING*

I have a friend that works as a manager at Walmart. He was saying that these have not sold corporately as well as expected (Nostalgia and all) and that they have received info to try and push them out the door before Christmas (move them up front, mark them down a little...) because these will be a big Boxing Day item. He didn't know the price come boxing day but as anyone that shops walmart knows, these bulky seasonal items (lawn mowers, foose ball tables, christmas trees) always get blown out after the season to make way for the next season. I have held off pulling the trigger just because of the size but if these get down to a good price I will definitely grab one.

Again, this is hearsay. I trust the source but as this is a public forum, take it with a grain of salt. If you want one, holding off may leave you high and dry.

*Edit* My friend says his store has 12 of the pacman, and 12 of the street fighter. I asked him to double check as the online walmart site says they have none, he said they defiantly had them. I'll snap a pic next time I am there.
As you can see in my picture - Walmart is not promoting these or displaying them where people can see them. They are stuffed in under the bikes. Compare with U.S. stores that have working units for people to see. Burlington store was not much better.

These will not sell well if they are just stacked in a corner which is good news for bargain hunters. I will definitely swoop in for clearance but I will buy a couple now that I can return just in case.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3922 posts
3452 upvotes
The NORTH
seadooxp30 wrote: Extended Holiday Return Policy
Items purchased between December 1, 2018 - December 25, 2018 can be returned by:

So buy Dec 1st and you are safe to adjust the price unless they drop the price on 26-29 !!
kool1 wrote: As you can see in my picture - Walmart is not promoting these or displaying them where people can see them. They are stuffed in under the bikes. Compare with U.S. stores that have working units for people to see. Burlington store was not much better.

These will not sell well if they are just stacked in a corner which is good news for bargain hunters. I will definitely swoop in for clearance but I will buy a couple now that I can return just in case.

No, walmart stopped doing price adjustments for boxing week prices years ago. too many people buying the items before the flyer starting and trying to do price adjustments after... Few bad apples spoiled it for the bunch. If you yelled enough or got a manager that didn't want to deal with you then you might be able to but there's no guarantee...

They did the same thing with the black friday deals last week if I remember correctly.
Last edited by kr0zet on Nov 29th, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 7, 2008
415 posts
155 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote: Extended Holiday Return Policy

Is this for online as well? I think I may have to order online Dec 1 then so I'm covered if they go down before Jan 9. I'll return the 2 I have as they aren't opened yet.
Oct 31, 2007
3418 posts
475 upvotes
Will be keeping an eye out, would love a retro arcade machine. Don't wanna pay $400 for these mini ones but if it drops a bit it might be worthwhile to do the Pi mod on a Street Fighter machine. Throw a riser or table underneath and it should do the trick. Sounds like a decent way to get a tonne of arcade games without spending thousands of dollars on a full size!
Mar 15, 2010
626 posts
141 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Looks like Best Buy USA will start selling cabinets on December 14th.
Hopefully includes Best Buy Canada and forces Walmart to drop the price
Jan 30, 2010
717 posts
330 upvotes
North Battleford
Also U.S. Costco's are selling a pre assembled Atari 6in1.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
1945 posts
5445 upvotes
zoso454 wrote: Also U.S. Costco's are selling a pre assembled Atari 6in1.
Looks like $299.99 USD.
Nov 20, 2018
5 posts
1 upvote
I have a rampage cab and would like to replace the joystick and buttons. I was at a walmart today and they had working displays of the rampage, sf and packman. All the joysticks felt loose and sloppy . I tried playing pacman and the control was not that good. I don't think that they would have been there that long. I would like to get a sanwa joystick and happ buttons but am not too sure if the connectors are compatible or how to mod it. Any advise would be appreciated.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
10485 posts
3006 upvotes
seadooxp30 wrote: Looks like Best Buy USA will start selling cabinets on December 14th.
Hopefully includes Best Buy Canada and forces Walmart to drop the price
Walmart supposedly is the exclusive retailer of these units so don't hold your breath. Big mistake IMO as Walmart is doing almost zero marketing and seem to be carrying these like hockey tables - piled up in a corner.

It does seem like the on-line price of $349 is sticking though which is bizarre as its $400 in most stores.
Aug 7, 2008
415 posts
155 upvotes
kool1 wrote: Walmart supposedly is the exclusive retailer of these units so don't hold your breath. Big mistake IMO as Walmart is doing almost zero marketing and seem to be carrying these like hockey tables - piled up in a corner.

It does seem like the on-line price of $349 is sticking though which is bizarre as its $400 in most stores.
It's so weird how Rampage and Street Fighter are up at $399 and the rest are $349.
Aug 7, 2008
415 posts
155 upvotes
Anyone been to the Upper James Supercentre - 675 Upper James St., Hamilton location lately? Curious about inventory. It's still $288 for the Street Fighter and shows Green Available. Thinking about driving out there in the morning to take a look.
Dec 16, 2006
121 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
Has anyone received their risers yet or spotted any in store? With the potential backlog of Canada Post delays expecting to continue into the new year. This is killing me!

I'm actually waiting now 3+ weeks for an Ebay item that I need to return since I picked it up cheaper during Black Friday. It turns out that the seller lives literally 5 blocks from me.
Mar 15, 2010
626 posts
141 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Ordered SF and riser from Walmart online to pick up at store close to me last sat.
Today I got the riser ONLY!!!
Took them 30 min to get it from back of the store..
Hoping that SF is still on delivery as they assured me.
I don't trust their system and CANPAR
Aug 7, 2008
415 posts
155 upvotes
Is anyone here planning on buying the ones they want online tomorrow to get the 90 day return policy and then hold on in case of a price adjustment? With Costco bailing on them the news isn't looking great but I'm also not sure if we're going to get the drastic price cuts the states are getting because they didn't seem to have the same mass quantities in the stores I went to.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)