PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2024 10:48 am
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3293 posts
988 upvotes
swales wrote: No pic, just used a Pacman receipt posted in here and they PM'd it but I did get a couple of rejection emails saying they needed a pic so i just ignored those and sent a new email. I didn't even ask for Rampage but it was on my invoice with Pacman so they just PM'd it too (a huge YMMV)
wow, congrats on scoring Rampage also!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
swales wrote: No pic, just used a Pacman receipt posted in here and they PM'd it but I did get a couple of rejection emails saying they needed a pic so i just ignored those and sent a new email. I didn't even ask for Rampage but it was on my invoice with Pacman so they just PM'd it too (a huge YMMV)
Congrats! Was your original purchase made online or in-store? Mine was in-store, and I really don't feel like making the jaunt back to the location I bought it at to do the PM :(
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4012 posts
715 upvotes
deezz wrote: Congrats! Was your original purchase made online or in-store? Mine was in-store, and I really don't feel like making the jaunt back to the location I bought it at to do the PM :(
Online. In-store is totally at the discretion of the manager as their policy is not to PM other Walmart stores so it's a huge YMMV and the majority get rejected.
Nov 3, 2008
545 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Went to treasure hunt. Only have demo units available. Grabbed last unit still boxed (but clearly a returned unit, fingers crossed. I still heaven't opened it). Everything else on floor was either physically damaged or internal defects. Wouldn't start up &/or run for the few I tried.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
swales wrote: Online. In-store is totally at the discretion of the manager as their policy is not to PM other Walmart stores so it's a huge YMMV and the majority get rejected.
DAMMIT.

oth, I am fully enjoying the modding process of my unit...it has been a lot of fun. I am blown away by what the Raspberry Pi can do....and how damn COOL it is to have this retro gaming arcade machine in my house!! And I do love the fact that this thing is 3/4 scale, a fraction of the price of a full arcade setup, and way lighter too. It looks beautiful :) To me, with the whole mod process, it has been worth every penny :)

@hill15, I got in at the $249 price. $150 would be so much nicer. I'm still contemplating the route of buying online, getting pm'd, and returning with my original receipt....it's just so much effort lugging that huge box around....

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
hill15 wrote: It's worth a try to buy online and price match online. You have 90 days to return. I believe you can return by having Canada Post pick up at your place.
Oh man, I'd feel so bad for my Canada Post gal :(

Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
I just grabbed a riser at Walmart in Ajax...thank you stock.ga! It was the only one, and was a return...apparently it was there for a few days...bit of a hike though. Guess I just had to have it right now. I'm pretty sure these risers are going to be cheaper though with the second wave of releases, especially with Best Buy coming on a distributor too...I'm sure they will have a sale on it sooner rather than later. I just had to get it because I'm almost done my Retropie build :D

Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
kzod wrote: Went to treasure hunt. Only have demo units available. Grabbed last unit still boxed (but clearly a returned unit, fingers crossed. I still heaven't opened it). Everything else on floor was either physically damaged or internal defects. Wouldn't start up &/or run for the few I tried.
Which store? Mississauga?

I went yesterday but they were closed Mondays which is just odd.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
deezz wrote: I am fully enjoying the modding process of my unit...it has been a lot of fun. I am blown away by what the Raspberry Pi can do....and how damn COOL it is to have this retro gaming arcade machine in my house!! And I do love the fact that this thing is 3/4 scale, a fraction of the price of a full arcade setup, and way lighter too. It looks beautiful :) To me, with the whole mod process, it has been worth every penny :)
Just got my video converters today for the screen - can't wait for my joysticks to come.

Really looking forward to converting the Street Fighter also,

Still playing my pac-man and galaga almost every day.
Sep 30, 2009
452 posts
154 upvotes
Mississauga
kool1 wrote: Which store? Mississauga?

Me too. That's the second time we hit a store on the same day.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3746 posts
1003 upvotes
Toronto
nothing at the treasure hunt in burlington - checking the waterdown one tonight
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
4012 posts
715 upvotes
I finished my SF retropie mod on the weekend, only negative is I should of done it sooner :)
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
pumpkinpies wrote: nothing at the treasure hunt in burlington - checking the waterdown one tonight
Went again today to the Mississauga store. They got even more units this week, but a few badly damaged ones. They have none remaining in boxes, but they got even more assembled units, including 2 centipedes and 1 rampage.

Has anyone who bought the Rampage model get the replacement board for the Gaunlet issue?
Nov 3, 2008
545 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote: Which store? Mississauga?

Yes, Mississauga. My box looked bad, and some screws and dowels are missing or damaged. :(
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
kzod wrote: Yes, Mississauga. My box looked bad, and some screws and dowels are missing or damaged. :(
Was it the PacMan unit? My Rampage unit still had the factory glue on it, and there was someone else there buying a boxed SF unit at the same time which looked sealed. The 3 Pac Man boxes looked like they had been opened at least once.
Jan 14, 2019
19 posts
5 upvotes
swales wrote: Finally managed to get WM online to PM Pacman and Rampage for $175 and SF for $150. Here's a pic to help people out with the $150 PM
Sorry for being a noob, can anyone tell me the steps I need to go through to use this picture to get Street Fighter for 150?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
kool1 wrote: Just got my video converters today for the screen - can't wait for my joysticks to come.

Really looking forward to converting the Street Fighter also,

Still playing my pac-man and galaga almost every day.
I really wish we got the 12 in 1...I really want the trackball and spinner built in together! :)

Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
kzod wrote: Yes, Mississauga. My box looked bad, and some screws and dowels are missing or damaged. :(
Glad I didn't go again today. I almost drove over at lunch. Thanks!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
deezz wrote: I really wish we got the 12 in 1...I really want the trackball and spinner built in together! :)
It still may come to Canada. If not maybe I will find it in March when I'm down in New york with my car.