• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2020 10:01 am
[OP]
Mar 2, 2020
21 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto

Architecture recommendation for legal Basement in Queensville

I am planning to build a legal basement in Queensville. House is roughly 2800 sq ft. We don't need to dig for side entrance.
Any recommendations for architecture who can prepare initial drawings and how much does it cost?

TIA
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5654 posts
5045 upvotes
ITAspirant wrote: I am planning to build a legal basement in Queensville. House is roughly 2800 sq ft. We don't need to dig for side entrance.
Any recommendations for architecture who can prepare initial drawings and how much does it cost?

TIA
What exactly do you need an architech for...? Are you thinking structural engineer maybe?

A ball park figure would be around $3000-5000
[OP]
Mar 2, 2020
21 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
The process would start with Emergency Services filing an application with architectural drawings. Once reviewed I can go to the building department for full submission of your permit.
http://www.eastgwillimbury.ca/Services/ ... tments.htm

I don't have much information myself as very new to it.
superfresh89 wrote: What exactly do you need an architech for...? Are you thinking structural engineer maybe?

A ball park figure would be around $3000-5000
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5654 posts
5045 upvotes
ITAspirant wrote: The process would start with Emergency Services filing an application with architectural drawings. Once reviewed I can go to the building department for full submission of your permit.
http://www.eastgwillimbury.ca/Services/ ... tments.htm

I don't have much information myself as very new to it.
Still a little confused as to why you say architectural drawings? Architects are designers - they start with a design vision, and bring it to life through drawings, images, 3D modelling or software. A structural engineer would be the one who does permit drawings, stamping to approve that the structural changes won't compromise the integrity of the structure.
[OP]
Mar 2, 2020
21 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
Thank you for pointing me to ask right questions.