Markham

Arc'teryx Outlet (Halton Hills) - 20% off

Savings:
20%
Expiry:
January 31, 2020
Retailer:
Arc'teryx
I called the outlet store today to check if they have stock on the therme parka - found out they have a 20% off sale until January 31, 2020. Not sure if it applies to all items but it seems like its on everything in store. Not as great as the black friday deal at 25% off but still good. I've reserved a pilot therme for $480+tax ($600 outlet price at 20% off). They seem to have the grey and navy colourway for the therme if anyone is looking.
28 replies
Jun 18, 2005
372 posts
47 upvotes
Thanks man. Was about to get one from the last hunt.
Jun 26, 2019
66 posts
97 upvotes
Just to note, this store will always have 20-25% off most things that it has in stock.

It usually has deeper discounts on a few things, that are either on clearance racks in the center aisle or a store special.

*Additionally* - When you go to Toronto premium outlets, make sure you stop by the service desk and get a passport. You either have to give them your email or show your CAA card. This passport has ever changing deals, and the deals usually STACK with all sales. Is the 20% off sale you refer to the current passport promo?

I can confirm last fall, I also bought a Therme Parka for around that price of $480+tax. It's a great coat and I would strongly recommend it.

Another word of advice is.... You can call them and tell them to put stuff aside for you, so if you're making a long drive out, call ahead for size and color to avoid disappointment. Most of the employees also know when shipments are coming in, so if you want something specific that is OOS, they usually know approximately when more is coming in.
Last edited by SubjectivelyObjective on Jan 22nd, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9327 posts
842 upvotes
Toronto
Just called and they said no more therme in stock. That was fast. I need one in XS... makes the search much more difficult.
[OP]
Dec 25, 2012
7 posts
6 upvotes
Markham
SubjectivelyObjective wrote: Just to note, this store will always have 20-25% off most things that it has in stock.

It usually has deeper discounts on a few things, that are either on clearance racks in the center aisle or a store special.

*Additionally* - When you go to Toronto premium outlets, make sure you stop by the service desk and get a passport. You either have to give them your email or show your CAA card. This passport has ever changing deals, and the deals usually STACK with all sales. Is the 20% off sale you refer to the current passport promo?

I can confirm last fall, I also bought a Therme Parka for around that price of $480+tax. It's a great coat and I would strongly recommend it.

Another word of advice is.... You can call them and tell them to put stuff aside for you, so if you're making a long drive out, call ahead for size and color to avoid disappointment. Most of the employees also know when shipments are coming in, so if you want something specific that is OOS, they usually know approximately when more is coming in.
I wasn't aware as i'm don't frequent the outlet too often, but thanks for bringing it up. They mentioned it was part of a chinese new year deal - is that what's on the passport promo?

Edit: Found this on the website https://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/t ... 20-6156545

So if it shows up on the passport, its an additional savings on top?
Jun 26, 2019
66 posts
97 upvotes
dshumm wrote: I wasn't aware as i'm don't frequent the outlet too often, but thanks for bringing it up. They mentioned it was part of a chinese new year deal - is that what's on the passport promo?

Edit: Found this on the website https://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/t ... 20-6156545

So if it shows up on the passport, its an additional savings on top?
The passport promo is a rotating "secret" list of promos that stack with almost all the other sales going on. Generally its just a small flyer I pick up at the main desk by showing my CAA card, then I just show them the flyer and they tick it off to apply the promo.

The passport deals are always different and change pretty frequently. They also have promos that are like "Spend $250 on X, Y,Z stores, and come back to claim a $50 giftcard" on some weekends and holidays. This happened to line up for me, when Arcteryx was one of the stores, and I got a giftcard as well, so its a great bonus for little effort. So if you're ever going to Toronto premium outlets, make sure to stop by the desk and pick up a passport for further discounts and promos.

IIRC they email out some of the passport promos to people who have signed up for them as well. Sadly I cannot confirm this, as I am not on their mailing list.

Other than that, I can't really confirm any of your questions, you can always phone the store and ask if they have a passport deal on, because most of the employees will be aware of it, especially when it's something like a stack-able 20% off that everyone uses.
Mar 5, 2006
159 posts
10 upvotes
Montreal
I went to the Arc'teryx outlet store over the holidays and was told the passport promos do NOT stack on top of the Boxing Day discount.
Jan 19, 2007
553 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone with knowledge let us know if Arcteryx outlet is overstock of product or like some other companies use it as a venue to sell alternative, cheaper quality products?
[OP]
Dec 25, 2012
7 posts
6 upvotes
Markham
no8t4 wrote: Can someone with knowledge let us know if Arcteryx outlet is overstock of product or like some other companies use it as a venue to sell alternative, cheaper quality products?
I believe they sell last season's products. For example, the Therme i'm looking at is in a "Pilot" colour which is an older colour. The current season grey therme's are "Whiskey Jack".
Oct 19, 2018
14 posts
6 upvotes
GTA
Sporting Life still has their deals on Arc'teryx , including the Therme at 30% off in which they have Mediums, Larges and XLs still.
Jun 26, 2019
66 posts
97 upvotes
no8t4 wrote: Can someone with knowledge let us know if Arcteryx outlet is overstock of product or like some other companies use it as a venue to sell alternative, cheaper quality products?
So the answer to this is no and yes.

TL:DR - Same quality products as normal stores, just might be older models or something something.

All the product is real genuine Arc'teryx gear that is the same quality as anything you would buy in another store, except it can be broken down into the following categories:

1) Last years product - exactly what is sounds like, basically stuff that is one year old, generally the primary difference here is color selection (aka you're choosing from last years colors)
2) Excess inventory - this is more of the newer stuff that didn't sell quite as much, however its kinda the unpopular stuff as you would guess. You're not going to find a Therme or Cerium jacket here, that stuff is usually 1 year old. This stuff tends to be what goes 50% off in the middle racks.
3) Discontinued - A lot of the time this will be marked as a "factory second" but it won't have a defect labeled on the tag. So if you see something like this, it's either a make/model that they stopped making, or it could just be as simple as they discontinued the color.
4) Factory Seconds - exactly what it sounds like, they will be marked with a tag that says "factory second" as well as a diagram that marks exactly where the defect is. I have never bought one of these, but from what I can tell it is minor cosmetic defects that didnt pass inspection but should still perform fine.
Jan 19, 2007
553 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
dshumm wrote: I believe they sell last season's products. For example, the Therme i'm looking at is in a "Pilot" colour which is an older colour. The current season grey therme's are "Whiskey Jack".
SubjectivelyObjective wrote: So the answer to this is no and yes.

TL:DR - Same quality products as normal stores, just might be older models or something something.

All the product is real genuine Arc'teryx gear that is the same quality as anything you would buy in another store, except it can be broken down into the following categories:

1) Last years product - exactly what is sounds like, basically stuff that is one year old, generally the primary difference here is color selection (aka you're choosing from last years colors)
2) Excess inventory - this is more of the newer stuff that didn't sell quite as much, however its kinda the unpopular stuff as you would guess. You're not going to find a Therme or Cerium jacket here, that stuff is usually 1 year old. This stuff tends to be what goes 50% off in the middle racks.
3) Discontinued - A lot of the time this will be marked as a "factory second" but it won't have a defect labeled on the tag. So if you see something like this, it's either a make/model that they stopped making, or it could just be as simple as they discontinued the color.
4) Factory Seconds - exactly what it sounds like, they will be marked with a tag that says "factory second" as well as a diagram that marks exactly where the defect is. I have never bought one of these, but from what I can tell it is minor cosmetic defects that didnt pass inspection but should still perform fine.
Thanks very much for this. Very informative and allows me to look out for tags on seconds when making a decision/looking over product. Excess and last years products to me don't matter at all.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1489 posts
266 upvotes
Woodbridge
I was there in the afternoon and saw about 3 medium sized therma parkas in grey (don’t know their official name of the colour) for $600. They had 20% off everything but it cannot combine with any other offers (eg passport) and it does not work on red sticker items, as is stated on the fine print underneath the 20% off store signs. YMMV is you’re able to stack I guess. The therma was not red stickered so it’s a go.

Most of the red stickered items were half off their retail price. A few were over half off. Really good deals on the clearance rack if you’re a size xl-xxl
Sep 30, 2013
288 posts
210 upvotes
North Vancouver
any deals on the atom LT hoody?
[OP]
Dec 25, 2012
7 posts
6 upvotes
Markham
whatsinaname wrote: I was there in the afternoon and saw about 3 medium sized therma parkas in grey (don’t know their official name of the colour) for $600. They had 20% off everything but it cannot combine with any other offers (eg passport) and it does not work on red sticker items, as is stated on the fine print underneath the 20% off store signs. YMMV is you’re able to stack I guess. The therma was not red stickered so it’s a go.

Most of the red stickered items were half off their retail price. A few were over half off. Really good deals on the clearance rack if you’re a size xl-xxl
The grey therme they have is the "Pilot" colour. When I went around 6PM, they had 2 medium therme jackets left in Pilot.