5477 posts
351 upvotes
Vancouver

Arc'teryx Factory Store North Vancouver Factory Store Sale July 21 to July 23

Savings:
up to 70%
Expiry:
July 23, 2017

Arc'teryx Factory Store North Vancouver Factory Store Sale July 21 to July 23.

Up to 70% off on discontinued merchandise only.

This is the second time I post about Arc'teryx Factory Store North Vancouver Factory Store Sale. Last time was in March 26. I said I would go but didn't. This time around I am going. Any idea if only the item pictured above are on sale? Anyone who went last time remember what else were on sale?

arcteryx-arcteryx-factory-store-north-v ... #p27620155
16 replies
Nov 25, 2011
43 posts
34 upvotes
I got in the last day just before it was closing line takes forever 2 hours plus. I'm 6'4 so I wear xxl and got one of there top line jackets the patrol for a savings around $250.

The merchandise there was mostly accessories and sweaters etc. The top of the line jackets at L and below were all gone.
Oct 24, 2009
706 posts
572 upvotes
Vancouver
Let's get ready to rrrrrumbleeee. These sales are packed in the winter months, I can't imagine how bad it'd be with all the tourists in town right now.
Nov 25, 2011
43 posts
34 upvotes
The goretox ar retails for 500 was I'm sale for
150. And 220 waterproof shoes were 109. I grabbed a few things. Worth the lineup for outdoor gear. These prices are comparable to Columbia or North Face. But you get substantially better quality and innovation.
However I personally don't buy at there retail cost too expensive.
Nov 13, 2011
565 posts
190 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
rai9191 wrote: The goretox ar retails for 500 was I'm sale for
150. And 220 waterproof shoes were 109. I grabbed a few things. Worth the lineup for outdoor gear. These prices are comparable to Columbia or North Face. But you get substantially better quality and innovation.
However I personally don't buy at there retail cost too expensive.
How were the sizes
Apr 5, 2010
781 posts
41 upvotes
So how bad is it at the Arc Factory sale?
May 4, 2014
68 posts
24 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
No warranty, bad sizes, bad colours.

Stay home
Aug 6, 2016
102 posts
49 upvotes
Vancouver
KentY198 wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 12:05 pm
No warranty, bad sizes, bad colours.

Stay home.
But they usually have a nice long line up if that's your thing.
Nov 4, 2013
93 posts
13 upvotes
Seems like 90% of those who wear visible arcteryx clothing are people who've never been anywhere steeper than a hill.
Sep 23, 2013
381 posts
328 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
karupt wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 2:44 pm
Seems like 90% of those who wear visible arcteryx clothing are people who've never been anywhere steeper than a hill.
Not from my observations. Those kinda people wear northface and canada goose. Brands like arc, marmot, pata, etc are usually worn by outdoorsy types.
Oct 7, 2016
89 posts
91 upvotes
hartzfizzo wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 3:25 pm
Not from my observations. Those kinda people wear northface and canada goose. Brands like arc, marmot, pata, etc are usually worn by outdoorsy types.
Not if you judge based on the people in the lineups at the factory store for these sales. It's like an Air China flight unloading at YVR. I tried going once, but after almost getting run over by the hoardes of poorly-driven X5/GLK/Q7's in the parking lot and seeing the lineups, I turned around. Sure, lots of 'outdoorsy' types wear Arcteryx, but since the brand went a bit more mainstream and is now seen as a premium product like Canada Goose, it also appeals to the same demographic.

The brand is starting to lose some of its original appeal; I used to wear my Zeta AR all the time and for hiking and skiing, but I'm about to ditch all my Arcteryx stuff and go with Outdoor Research - same quality, better warranty, better pricing and not associated with that demographic.
Sep 23, 2013
381 posts
328 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I think we're both right. My comment was regarding who i see actually wearing the stuff around town and it definitely aint the people u see at the sales. Those folks are strictly selling them oversees.
Nov 4, 2013
93 posts
13 upvotes
HausPoor wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2017 3:57 pm
Not if you judge based on the people in the lineups at the factory store for these sales. It's like an Air China flight unloading at YVR. I tried going once, but after almost getting run over by the hoardes of poorly-driven X5/GLK/Q7's in the parking lot and seeing the lineups, I turned around. Sure, lots of 'outdoorsy' types wear Arcteryx, but since the brand went a bit more mainstream and is now seen as a premium product like Canada Goose, it also appeals to the same demographic.

The brand is starting to lose some of its original appeal; I used to wear my Zeta AR all the time and for hiking and skiing, but I'm about to ditch all my Arcteryx stuff and go with Outdoor Research - same quality, better warranty, better pricing and not associated with that demographic.
Interesting how when wealthy minorities are associated with something, white people run away. I'm sure sociologists have written a lot on the matter.
Jun 21, 2009
209 posts
17 upvotes
first time ever in this event, since happened to be free on friday.

huge huge line up, when we arrived around 1:30, people who lined up at 10 didn't even get in.
takes about 5-6 hours to get in eventually, hard to find anything worth buying,
Most of stuff are still more expensive than online retailer such as the last hunt, ATOM LT marked as factory second cost 240, while it cost 180 at the last hunt.
Intended to buy some light jacket like squamish, but regular price is 200, after discount 140 is not really a good buy imo.
Only good thing is most sizes are available for the regular discounted items..... but then you can go shop there any day without the line up.

Only items worth buying is probably the beta sl on the flyer, but they are almost all gone by then....... i managed to snatch one in size M, which is probably the last one....

I can see that this is worth going if you line up 6 oclock in the morning and be the first round of people to get in, and if you do resells to make some profit.

BTW, all sales are final as expected, but warranty is also honored despite what people say here.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20998 posts
10413 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Damn 5-6 hours just to get in.

That’s insanity
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao