ARC'TERYX Outlet

ARC'TERYX Outlet | up to 50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2021 12:38 pm
26 replies
Nov 22, 2017
318 posts
247 upvotes
Is there an extra sale? I just see their regular outlet prices...
May 10, 2016
457 posts
724 upvotes
Yeah just their typical 25-35% off of the last season's technical outdoor gear. Might be good if you're an XS, XL, or XXL or don't mind the less desirable colours.

Urban stuff has steeper discounts.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2285 posts
543 upvotes
Vancouver
Regular outlet prices. I do find you end up paying mostly for the name. I've had 3 Beta AR jackets that have all fallen apart. Luckily they have replaced it every time. This last time they replaced it with a gift card, so I upgraded to a Beta SV off of the outlet store. GoreTex has improved in the last couple of years.
You Have No Life If You Can Calculate It Mathematically
Aug 24, 2015
437 posts
1389 upvotes
AB
Stabilo7 wrote: Regular outlet prices. I do find you end up paying mostly for the name. I've had 3 Beta AR jackets that have all fallen apart. Luckily they have replaced it every time. This last time they replaced it with a gift card, so I upgraded to a Beta SV off of the outlet store. GoreTex has improved in the last couple of years.
If I have to pay once for a jacket that gets replaced for free indefinitely, that seems like a win in my books, no? Seems like paying for "the name" but getting value from it.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2285 posts
543 upvotes
Vancouver
puglife644 wrote: If I have to pay once for a jacket that gets replaced for free indefinitely, that seems like a win in my books, no? Seems like paying for "the name" but getting value from it.
Oh for sure, but a $700 jacket should not delaminate as easy as they have. Hoping the new Gore Tex Pro is better with this (apparently it is).
It can be questionable if they replace it or not. I've had good cases at least, but a 700$ jacket should last longer than 2 years especially if its being washed properly and isn't being abused or used in harsh conditions.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11041 posts
1206 upvotes
GVR
Stabilo7 wrote: Regular outlet prices. I do find you end up paying mostly for the name. I've had 3 Beta AR jackets that have all fallen apart. Luckily they have replaced it every time. This last time they replaced it with a gift card, so I upgraded to a Beta SV off of the outlet store. GoreTex has improved in the last couple of years.
What do you mean fallen apart? You know you still need to maintain the garments right?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
27580 posts
7326 upvotes
Hamilton
Even with 50% off. I can never find myself a piece at their store.

I went with The North Face Mountain jacket goretex.
$35/10GB Koodo
$40/10GB Koodo
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2285 posts
543 upvotes
Vancouver
Kaitlyn wrote: What do you mean fallen apart? You know you still need to maintain the garments right?
Delamination of the gore tex materials. Of course the garments need to be cared for. Washed with proper detergent every couple of months of light use and reapply the DWR when needed. Seems to be an issue that is relatively common with the Beta AR jacket (and others). My wife has a Zeta AR and it has been great for much longer. Again, not saying they are bad and the replacement has been good.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11041 posts
1206 upvotes
GVR
Stabilo7 wrote: Delamination of the gore tex materials. Of course the garments need to be cared for. Washed with proper detergent every couple of months of light use and reapply the DWR when needed. Seems to be an issue that is relatively common with the Beta AR jacket (and others). My wife has a Zeta AR and it has been great for much longer. Again, not saying they are bad and the replacement has been good.
Hmm weird I mean obviously it can happen but (knock on wood) haven't had it happen to me once and I have multiple shells.

Most of the time the garments get "ruined" cause people don't care+maintain them 🤷🏼‍♀️
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2285 posts
543 upvotes
Vancouver
Kaitlyn wrote: Hmm weird I mean obviously it can happen but (knock on wood) haven't had it happen to me once and I have multiple shells.

Most of the time the garments get "ruined" cause people don't care+maintain them 🤷🏼‍♀️
I would agree, but I also know I was very gentle on them. The new goretex pro materials are much quieter and supposed to be better for not delaminating. Hopefully thats the case. The Beta SV is nice!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1735 posts
3086 upvotes
Vancouver
Stabilo7 wrote: I would agree, but I also know I was very gentle on them. The new goretex pro materials are much quieter and supposed to be better for not delaminating. Hopefully thats the case. The Beta SV is nice!
News flash, EVERY goretex garment will eventually delaminate

Arcteryx warranty is NOT a replacement guarantee. They reserve the right to refuse, replace, repair under their own policies. They're exact policy is "lifetime of the garment warranty". It's specifically nebulous so they can reserve final judgement
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2913 posts
1275 upvotes
Ottawa
Apparently they DO NOT replace jackets anymore. My brother got a rip in his jacket and they offered 2 choices

1) Send him a patch to fix it
2) 40% off his next purchase.

They said their policy has changed.

For the prices that arc'terx charges, I wouldn't buy from them again.
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
2285 posts
543 upvotes
Vancouver
eugene188 wrote: Apparently they DO NOT replace jackets anymore. My brother got a rip in his jacket and they offered 2 choices

Naw. Rips are not the same as a warranty issue. That makes sense. I literally got a gift card 2 weeks ago for my old Beta AR. So it really depends what the case is. I wouldn't say a rip is worthy of a replacement, that is user error.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2913 posts
1275 upvotes
Ottawa
puglife644 wrote: If I have to pay once for a jacket that gets replaced for free indefinitely, that seems like a win in my books, no? Seems like paying for "the name" but getting value from it.
Apparently they DO NOT replace jackets anymore. My brother got a rip in his jacket and they offered 2 choices

Kaitlyn wrote: What do you mean fallen apart? You know you still need to maintain the garments right?
I've had my Atom LT for at least 10 years. It gets a lot of wear during autumn. I just wash it when I get the chance after the season. Sometimes I don't even wash it, and it still is ok. Even my cheaper stuff I don't wash all the time and it still lasts.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11041 posts
1206 upvotes
GVR
eugene188 wrote: Apparently they DO NOT replace jackets anymore. My brother got a rip in his jacket and they offered 2 choices

Yeah honestly rip is... not the garments fault? The fact he still got 40% offer is kind of amazing
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2913 posts
1275 upvotes
Ottawa
Kaitlyn wrote: Yeah honestly rip is... not the garments fault? The fact he still got 40% offer is kind of amazing
He had another one rip a couple of years ago. The did a complete replacement, no questions asked.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11041 posts
1206 upvotes
GVR
eugene188 wrote: I've had my Atom LT for at least 10 years. It gets a lot of wear during autumn. I just wash it when I get the chance after the season. Sometimes I don't even wash it, and it still is ok. Even my cheaper stuff I don't wash all the time and it still lasts.
In defense of Stabilo7, the atom isn't gore-tex and wouldn't ever experience delamination issues :)
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11041 posts
1206 upvotes
GVR
eugene188 wrote: He had another one rip a couple of years ago. The did a complete replacement, no questions asked.
I've NEVER ripped a jacket. He's ripped two? I don't see how a rip is at all a reason for a replacement.... unless clearly i.e. a seam wasn't stitched properly or something

What the hell does he do. I do bushwacking, backcountry skiing, scrambling, etc....

It honestly sounds like your brother is part of the reason brands like arcteryx and others have reigned in their warranty policies... people abuse it "I ripped it, need a new one"