• Nov 14th, 2019 7:51 pm
Tags:
Dec 26, 2007
236 posts
277 upvotes
Montréal
ronmon69 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 11:34 am
Does anybody know how the coupon is supposed to work? I'm trying 'SLYNG" but the site is saying the coupon doesn't exist.
I believe it's only for the site everyonedoesit.ca
Images
  • everyonedoesit.ca.jpg
Oct 5, 2017
304 posts
92 upvotes
LiftedMind wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 10:54 am
Nothing beats combustion.

Good device. The glass stem makes this the best tasting vape. You can use the solo "bent-straw" stem for a better experience. It limits odours. Really well-built as mine has lasted maybe 3-4 years and still works.

It's just not practical for regular use. No vapes are. Too much maintenance. You need to clean this thing every 4-5 uses. You need to use screens or else you will get herb in your mouth and that distracts from any relief/sensation you're trying to achieve. And those screens need changing every 4-5 uses as well. A fast, somewhat thorough cleaning will be around 10-15mins. It's not as easy as "dumping it into some iso," if you're looking for good flavor.

It doesn't matter how long you "sip" this thing, one bowl is the equivalent of 2-3 draws of a rolled spliff. There's a steep learning curve. You need to get the temperature of the oven just right and keep adjusting it throughout your session. It seems like a straightforward device, but there are too many things to monitor to actually enjoy it.
Haven't cleaned mine since I bought it last December.. Is this fine? Lol
Oct 16, 2007
485 posts
100 upvotes
I prefer dry herb, or perfectly cured bud. I have 2 extreme Q's. Bought an extra when the 6 year old one fan failed. I ended up replacing the fan so have 2 now and love them, especially the bags. Very efficient if you load the elbow.

The air I got free last time with the new q. It's okay. I find the air flow too restricted. I use it if going away but at home I only use my q. It's a brilliant device for herb. But having the right moisture in is crucial. Boveda packs for work great!
Mar 6, 2013
216 posts
148 upvotes
Saint John, NB
I have the extreme q and the original solo and i love both. I use the extreme q 90% of the time but the solo comes in handy at times. After using both for 2+ years my only suggestion would be keep them clean often. I use 90% rubbing alcohol with some qtips and it works great but I would suggest using gloves. If I maintain cleaning weekly its pretty quick but if I get lazy and let it go for a month or more I have to soak the glass parts for a bit. Once soaked it pretty much just falls off. I also clean/reuse my screens for the extreme q in the same way. I am still using the same screens that came with it new more than 2 years ago. I bought extras at the time but havent had to use them yet. The bags have to be replaced though. They eventually start to get sticky inside causing resistance against the vapor being blown in and also just start to taste bad. Right now I order the bags online but Cannabis NB sells the extreme q so I have been trying to convince them to sell the bags and other accessories as well.
May 13, 2015
489 posts
588 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
LiftedMind wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 10:54 am
Nothing beats combustion.

Good device. The glass stem makes this the best tasting vape. You can use the solo "bent-straw" stem for a better experience. It limits odours. Really well-built as mine has lasted maybe 3-4 years and still works.

It's just not practical for regular use. No vapes are. Too much maintenance. You need to clean this thing every 4-5 uses. You need to use screens or else you will get herb in your mouth and that distracts from any relief/sensation you're trying to achieve. And those screens need changing every 4-5 uses as well. A fast, somewhat thorough cleaning will be around 10-15mins. It's not as easy as "dumping it into some iso," if you're looking for good flavor.

It doesn't matter how long you "sip" this thing, one bowl is the equivalent of 2-3 draws of a rolled spliff. There's a steep learning curve. You need to get the temperature of the oven just right and keep adjusting it throughout your session. It seems like a straightforward device, but there are too many things to monitor to actually enjoy it.
The vaping high is far superior to the combustion high. Vaping is much cleaner feeling and more functional. You don't smell, your eyes aren't normally crazy red, and the best part is that it's WAY better for your lungs and throat.

There are plenty of vapes that are practical for regular use. Maybe you just don't have much experience with different styles of vapes. I have a log vape that I use daily and it's perfect for me for daily use.

I don't think the cleaning on the Arizer Airs/Solos is all that bad. The unit itself basically never needs to be cleaned. I've never had to clean my screen. You only need to clean those stems when it gets enough of that brown build-up. It's not all that attractive looking, so I try to keep it relatively clean. But all you do is put it in a shot glass of rubbing alcohol and leave it overnight... then in the morning, run it under water, and maybe use a que-tip or whatever. A pipe or bong certainly gets WAY more black much quicker, and they are probably slightly more difficult to clean.

I don't think the learning curve on the Arizer Airs and Solos is hard at all. In fact, they're one of the easiest vapes to use. Learning what temps you like isn't a big deal.

I do agree with you that a long 10+ minute session on an Air/Solo is basically equivalent to one bong hit or a few hits off a joint. Vaping is more efficient, but you're still only using a very small amount of bud... so you can't expect such a small amount of bud to get you super ripped. If it doesn't get you high enough, buy some budder or wax or live resin or something like that to mix in with it. The more you mix in, the stronger it gets.

I use a log vape when I'm at home, and it's a great vape for daily use. It takes about 10 minutes to heat up, but you can leave it on all day... some people even leave theirs on 24/7 or have automatic timers set to have it heat up before they wake up or before they get home from work. It uses a bong, but the bong does not get very dirty at all in comparison to combustion. If you smoke weed normally out of a bong, the whole thing is basically black within a few days (what do you think your lungs look like?). With vaping, the bong has a bit of reclaim that builds up, but it remains clear for weeks. It only needs to be cleaned once a week at max. The stems and screens I use also don't need much cleaning. Drop it in a shot glass of iso overnight every couple of weeks and you're good to go. The device itself requires zero maintenance. All I do now is use a little big of weed (probably 0.05 of a gram... like 1/20th of a gram) and then a little bit of wax, budder, live resin, caviar, etc. on top... and you get 2 solid bong hits. The whole vaping process takes me about 1 minute... it's essentially just as fast as loading a bong bowl and smoking it.

I think your issue is that you've never tried an "on demand" vape like a log vape, vapcap m, flowerpot, etc. The "session" vapes like the Arizer Airs and Solos are great for 10+ minute sessions... but if you're looking for something more similar to a bong hit, then you need to look at on demand vapes paired with concentrates.

This is similar to what I use:

edit: and for those wondering... yes, that is vapor. it looks like smoke because it's so thick, but that's all vapor.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2010
4823 posts
805 upvotes
It's funny because I have an E-Nano log vape and I barely use it because it's TOO efficient, i.e. I get huge hits and then cough for half an hour. Even trying to pull smaller hits results in hits that are bigger than I can stand.

Anyway, I had an Air and now a Solo II and these are great devices. I always use a bubbler and pretty much do the same thing the user above does: bit of weed, then wax/resin/..., then top off with kief or more flower. I can easily do two 10-12 min sessions with one bowl.

And I'm not sure why there would be complaints about cleaning. As already stated, the units themselves require no maintenance at all, unless you've mucked up the chamber with concentrate (which a bubbler prevents since the unit is upside down). Only the stems, and in my case the bubbler need cleaning. And that barely takes more than 5-10 min a week. I use Grunge Off (in a mason jar) for the stems, just leave overnight once a week. It's expensive but it's reusable. And Isopropanol 99% which I just pour in the bubbler and shake it, every two days.

I took advantage of this sale on legalization day to replace my Air with the Solo II. And I sold the extra (new) Air to a friend for $100.
Jun 18, 2011
241 posts
129 upvotes
TORONTO
Bought a solo at legalization with this same deal. Never owned a vape before. I do like it but there is a learning curve for sure. What I like the most is I can vape indoors in my closed office and not have to worry about any lingering smoke smell. Vaping is so much cleaner. I don’t wake up congested anymore.

The cleaning is not fun if you’re used to joints but much easier compared to a bong.

I do love the extra ariser accessories. That little metal tool for packing/cleaning is the best thing ever, I bought five more! The charging stand is not cheap but worth it for me. I bought a couple of extra stems too and I just rotate through them between cleaning.

Personally I’m waiting for vape pens to be legal but until then I’m very happy with my solo.
Dec 27, 2018
28 posts
20 upvotes
Arizer is one of the best vapes. If you don't like the glass stems and want something for a quick hit try the Davinci Miqro. Bought this from smokepotcanada.com. Just email their customer service and they will match any price.
Feb 3, 2009
78 posts
14 upvotes
Vernon, BC
MikeAK wrote:
Feb 28th, 2019 2:12 pm
I agree with you but an easy fix with a $10 black pipe replacement. This is what I did and now mine looks like a normal vape when in public.
Could you provide a link for the $10 black pipe replacement. Thanks.
Dec 4, 2013
123 posts
252 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Been looking for a decent deal on a good quality vape and this seems great.
I only want one vape though, anybody in Calgary looking to split an order?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2007
1140 posts
276 upvotes
Brodychild wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2019 12:40 pm
Could you provide a link for the $10 black pipe replacement. Thanks.
I got mine from a local vape shop. A 70mm black stem was 9.99 plus tax. I'm sure you can find the same.
Feb 27, 2019
2 posts
nicknameless82 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2019 10:12 am
Just to follow up, ordered and got it the next day, every perfect as expected. Discreet packaging.
Is everyonedoesit.ca safe ? Quick Google search says otherwise.
Last edited by DavidH36746 on Mar 5th, 2019 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
May 8, 2015
134 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto, ON
DavidH36746 wrote:
Mar 5th, 2019 8:50 am
Is everyonedoesit.ca safe ? Quick Google search says otherwise. This guy telling the truth ?
I got my package yesterday, ordered on Thursday. Also very discreet, just a cardboard box.
Mar 4, 2019
2 posts
Damn...It looks like the price went up on everyonedoesit.ca, i wish I saw this post sooner