PC & Video Games

ARK Survival Evolved - Anybody played on XBOX One?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2016 9:17 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
1005 posts
190 upvotes
Ottawa, ON

ARK Survival Evolved - Anybody played on XBOX One?

Anybody play this game, particularly on the XBOX One?

A gaming friend mentioned it last night, so I figured I'd download the trial version of the game to give it a spin. Didn't play it yet as it was late and it is a rather large download.

From what I understand, the game is "Early Access" and is not complete with updates being released regularly. It sounds as if the game will be fully released sometime in June or July 2016, but these are from articles/videos that were published in December 2015.

The game looks interesting, seems to combine the idea of Minecraft (open world sandbox) with first person shooter, and throw in Jurassic Park/World for good measure. I've been looking for an adventure based game as of late as I grow tired of NHL 16, Forza 6, and I suck at GTAV online. I expect to play the trial version tonight (I believe it is full game with a 1 hour playing time limit) and will likely buy it. For $35 +tax at this point I figure I can't go wrong given games that look to be of this quality normally retail for $70+.
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 12, 2006
5547 posts
1208 upvotes
calgary
Wood0209 wrote: Anybody play this game, particularly on the XBOX One?

A gaming friend mentioned it last night, so I figured I'd download the trial version of the game to give it a spin. Didn't play it yet as it was late and it is a rather large download.

From what I understand, the game is "Early Access" and is not complete with updates being released regularly. It sounds as if the game will be fully released sometime in June or July 2016, but these are from articles/videos that were published in December 2015.

The game looks interesting, seems to combine the idea of Minecraft (open world sandbox) with first person shooter, and throw in Jurassic Park/World for good measure. I've been looking for an adventure based game as of late as I grow tired of NHL 16, Forza 6, and I suck at GTAV online. I expect to play the trial version tonight (I believe it is full game with a 1 hour playing time limit) and will likely buy it. For $35 +tax at this point I figure I can't go wrong given games that look to be of this quality normally retail for $70+.
I downloaded it and played it for a bit, it was very minecrafty and not my cup of tea but from what I understand if your into those types of games its very good.
Temp. Banned
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
991 upvotes
Vaughan
Have it on PC - what a big pile of dung this game is.

Sorry, I'd go into detail, but it's not worth it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
1005 posts
190 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
SpicYMchaggis wrote: I downloaded it and played it for a bit, it was very minecrafty and not my cup of tea but from what I understand if your into those types of games its very good.
I can see it being a "love it or hate it" kind of game where there is no story to follow. I have a feeling my enjoyment will depend on how many people I normally play games with take an interest in it as well. I'm in my 30's and don't play Minecraft beyond playing it on our Nintendo with my girls.
squadz wrote: Have it on PC - what a big pile of dung this game is.

Sorry, I'd go into detail, but it's not worth it.
Would you mind expanding in some way, even point form? There seems to be performance issues on PC's which I can understand would impact enjoyment negatively. Is it the style of the game you don't like, or simply bugs/errors you run into given it's an unfinished product?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
1005 posts
190 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I played the game for a couple hours last night, ended up buying the game after 10-15 minutes. Not sure how well it will do at keeping my interest in the long run, but it's something light now that I can get into and start exploring. Played with a couple friends on a personal server to get used to the basics of the game.