None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2485 posts
1062 upvotes
, ON

Arlo Pro wifi cam deals?

BB will have deals for regular Arlo cameras this boxing day, but I don't see the Arlo Pro ones listed on their flyer.
27 replies
Dec 27, 2011
178 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
I was hoping the Arlo Pro would go on sale too. Understandable considering the units just came out.
Oct 14, 2009
449 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
Ditto. They were $100 off for black friday. Figured they would be at least the same if not more for boxing week. Perhaps they will be on sale just not in the flyer. Here's hoping.
------------------------------------------------
Contest Prizes: 2 Person Pass to Movie (JOBS), Method Laundry Products for 1 Year ($250 value), Passes to see WWE RAW in Toronto Star Private Box ($300 Value)
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2691 posts
683 upvotes
Do you think Bestbuy's deal for the 4x Arlo is good? I'm thinking of getting this since but I just read up on the pro version and I wish I could get that. But the price on them is too much.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Dec 27, 2011
178 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
Just noticed Best Buy has a small sale on the Arlo Pros.

$799.99 (reg $899.99) for the 4 camera bundle.
$499.99. (549.99) for the 2 camera bundle.
Dec 27, 2011
178 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
Looks like Best Buy is the sole Canadian distributor so it impossible to compare pricing for now
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2485 posts
1062 upvotes
, ON
Vneckjersey wrote: Just noticed Best Buy has a small sale on the Arlo Pros.

$799.99 (reg $899.99) for the 4 camera bundle.
$499.99. (549.99) for the 2 camera bundle.
Thank you! I got one just now! That's $100 off is very good and probably the most discount for the rest of the year until sometime in 2018 or close to 2018 (since it is a brand new product)
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2691 posts
683 upvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote: Thank you! I got one just now! That's $100 off is very good and probably the most discount for the rest of the year until sometime in 2018 or close to 2018 (since it is a brand new product)
Is the pro that big of an upgrade to the first version? Wondering if it's worth 200 more.
Baaaaaaaaa!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2485 posts
1062 upvotes
, ON
sharpshooter88 wrote: Is the pro that big of an upgrade to the first version? Wondering if it's worth 200 more.
Here's what's new for Arlo Pro:

A rechargeable battery
A Micro-USB charging port
A microphone and a speaker
A new base station with a built-in siren and two USB ports
New accessories, including a solar charging station and various stands
A digital infrared motion sensor (the original Arlo has an analog motion sensor)
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2691 posts
683 upvotes
anotherbargainhunter wrote: Here's what's new for Arlo Pro:

A rechargeable battery
A Micro-USB charging port
A microphone and a speaker
A new base station with a built-in siren and two USB ports
New accessories, including a solar charging station and various stands
A digital infrared motion sensor (the original Arlo has an analog motion sensor)
Thanks. That sounds great but out of my price range. I ordered the original 4 camera set.
Baaaaaaaaa!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2485 posts
1062 upvotes
, ON
sharpshooter88 wrote: Thanks. That sounds great but out of my price range. I ordered the original 4 camera set.
To each to their own. Get what you need and you value. I get the pro as it will save you batteries cost long term. If you want to use rechargeable batteries with the regular Arlo make sure you get the ones with specific power. Not sure what it is but if you Google it you will find people with problems when they use the wrong rechargeable battery
Dec 27, 2011
178 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
I bit the bullet and ordered the 4 camera Pro set. Couldn't resist and gave in to my trigger finger.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2005
1033 posts
56 upvotes
Mississauga
Vneckjersey wrote: Looks like Best Buy is the sole Canadian distributor so it impossible to compare pricing for now
Costco too but same pricing.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2691 posts
683 upvotes
I'm trying to find some rechargeable batteries for the Arlo. I've been reading that Nitecore and Olight ones are good. Anyone know of a good store to buy from?
Baaaaaaaaa!
Dec 27, 2011
178 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
Just installed one of my four Arlo Pro's by the front door. Fantastic product. About a two second delay before motion sensing starts video but not a problem.
Speakers are weak as I have it fairly high and away in order to deter theft or purposely inflicted damage by an intruder. By doing this, it increases the field of view and increases the area of the yard that will pick up motion sensing.

Very disappointed that the package of 4 cameras only come with one outdoor mount. That's what these cams are built for, why include only one?? Additional outside mounts are like $25 each! On sale for $21.99 right now but that still means an extra $66 plus tax in addition to the $899 plus tax for the original package of four.