744 upvotes

Aromis essential oil diffuser $60 US +$15 shipping

Deal Link:
Price:
$60
Retailer:
Aromis
https://www.aromis.co/clearance

Last year I did a lot of research on essential oil diffusers, and the Aromis nebulizer seemed to be the best bet.

Most other cheaper (or similarly priced) diffusers all work by ultrasonic vibrations, and they all seem to end up with very mixed reviews. Most of them have a lot of fake positive reviews, followed by a lot of people who say they break after 6 months, they're cheaply made, etc.

But the Aromis diffuser is a nebulizer, and works differently. It's a much higher end product than standard diffusers, way better than any ultrasonic diffuser.

I bought one for my sister last year and have since bought 2 more (for other family members who all wanted one).

If you buy from their website, you can buy 'refurbished' which are actually new but with wood bases that potentially have small blemishes. I've bought 2 of these refurbs, and the blemishes are not enough to even really notice. I gave them away as gifts and did not feel ashamed to have given a 'blemished' product.

I have bought all 3 from their website, and never once been charged duty or anything, so the all-in price for a refurb is $60 US + $15 US shipping = $75 US. Like/follow on facebook for an extra 2% off. In the end, probably comes to around $100 Cdn at your door. Alternatively, they can be purchased on amazon.ca for like ~$160 cdn (regular price $140 +20 shipping, their sale does not apply to their amazon storefront)

It's a high quality looking product that far exceeds any cheapo plastic unit you'd typically get and that people would typically be aware of, so they're really nice gifts.

Check out reviews on amazon.com (Search for Aromis)
14 replies
Mar 7, 2011
142 posts
76 upvotes
Thanks for the post. I am on the market to get one diffuser and pretty much all of them run with water. I quickly googled about this and leaning to get one close to $100 cdn, not cheap though compared to other water based but you get what you pay for.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2009
1159 posts
744 upvotes
Yes, the ultrasonic units always require that you put a few drops of essential oil into a pool of water. It doesn't mix well (oil and water don't mix..) and because of that, even though they may run for 'hours' or whatever they claim with the water they will take, you're not going to get a full duration with any sort of proper distribution of scent. Essentially, the ultrasonic units end up working like humidifiers for a good part of their total running time.

As far as I can tell, every single ultrasonic unit, regardless of price, regardless of what some of the reviews may or may not say, is essentially the same and will suffer from the same problems due to the limitations on how they work.

Nebulizers (which use small compressors to run) are a better method, but this price point of ~$100 Canadian is about the cheapest you'll find one for. Which is why I consider the Aromis a good deal, it's the cheapest way to get a good product.

If someone is buying an ultrasonic diffuser, I don't think there's any difference really between any of them except for their looks and how much water they can take. So if I was getting an ultrasonic diffuser, I'd just get one of the cheapest ones, but if you want something that's actually good, you have to step up to the Aromis.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3932 posts
1730 upvotes
BC
Well now you've got me thinking.

The wife mentioned one of these not long ago and I think I'd win some huge points if I got her a good one that works well and looks cool.
I have no idea how to shop for this kind of thing though. There are ebay coupons atm that I was thinking of using on one of these but like I said, I'm a bit lost.
$100 seems a bit spendy and then I guess I'd still have to get some kind of oil starter pack or something?

For example, whats wrong with this less expensive ebay version?
Dec 28, 2011
872 posts
427 upvotes
Victoria
Thanks, funny enough I've been researching diffusers too. All the ultrasonic ones on Amazon definitely seem to be used for a different purpose. The ultrasonic ones seem to be good for simple, efficient diffusion for the smell. The atomizers and nebulizers seem to offer much more benefit for inhaling and using essential oils therapeutically. I'm getting one to diffuse eucalyptus oil and the atomizer style seems much better. I'm also looking at http://store.diffuserworld.com/Aroma-Ac ... _p_12.html (different price category) and https://www.amazon.ca/Aromatherapy-Esse ... 01LXZ0YNA/ which looks very similar.
Dec 28, 2011
872 posts
427 upvotes
Victoria
Feegus wrote: Well now you've got me thinking.

The wife mentioned one of these not long ago and I think I'd win some huge points if I got her a good one that works well and looks cool.
I have no idea how to shop for this kind of thing though. There are ebay coupons atm that I was thinking of using on one of these but like I said, I'm a bit lost.
$100 seems a bit spendy and then I guess I'd still have to get some kind of oil starter pack or something?

For example, whats wrong with this less expensive ebay version?
There is a similar one on Amazon that I linked to. No reviews though.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3932 posts
1730 upvotes
BC
kungfulu wrote: There is a similar one on Amazon that I linked to. No reviews though.
Thanks, I saw that too. Seller just launched soo ...risky.
Nov 8, 2005
737 posts
120 upvotes
Ryder Nation
Thanks OP. Purchased for a christmas present.
Apr 8, 2008
41 posts
7 upvotes
are there other nebulizers in the market that do not look so tacky?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2009
1159 posts
744 upvotes
Almost any other diffuser of any type is all plastic and really cheap looking. I guess it's a matter of taste, but to me the Aromis unit isn't tacky at all. It's real wood and real glass. Far better than plastic and plastic like 99% of other diffusers
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2431 posts
408 upvotes
kungfulu wrote: Thanks, funny enough I've been researching diffusers too. All the ultrasonic ones on Amazon definitely seem to be used for a different purpose. The ultrasonic ones seem to be good for simple, efficient diffusion for the smell. The atomizers and nebulizers seem to offer much more benefit for inhaling and using essential oils therapeutically. I'm getting one to diffuse eucalyptus oil and the atomizer style seems much better. I'm also looking at http://store.diffuserworld.com/Aroma-Ac ... _p_12.html (different price category) and https://www.amazon.ca/Aromatherapy-Esse ... 01LXZ0YNA/ which looks very similar.
I'm not clear on how that diffuserworld model works, or how long a bottle of 30ml will last. I have this model :

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sta ... 4f6b56en02

And it lasts about 5-6 hours if it is on full time, or like a day if it's on intermittent. You add drops about 8 drops to a full tank. But it needs to be on fulltime to really get any type of smell.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3932 posts
1730 upvotes
BC
I ordered a similar brand to these just recently. I wonder if its gonna coat the nearest furniture with oil. I also wonder if our cat and dog are going to beg to be outside when we turn it on.
Dec 28, 2011
872 posts
427 upvotes
Victoria
mtlboy wrote: I'm not clear on how that diffuserworld model works, or how long a bottle of 30ml will last. I have this model :

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sta ... 4f6b56en02

And it lasts about 5-6 hours if it is on full time, or like a day if it's on intermittent. You add drops about 8 drops to a full tank. But it needs to be on fulltime to really get any type of smell.
They are different types of diffusers, yours is ultrasonic, the other type is an atomizer. An atomizer uses quite a bit more oil but is is more therapeutic. For making your house smell nice, the ultrasonics are fine. I'm using to diffuse eucalyptus oil for helping with bronchitis. An ultrasonic wouldn't do as good a job. This is a decent overview: http://wellnessmama.com/23343/essential ... er-review/ into the differences.
Jan 22, 2017
1 posts
I'm looking to buy a diffuser, a friend of my is using and ultrasonic one, you can see it (the fourth in the top ten list) herebut I'm not sure, I'm more inlined to buy the first one from the list. What would you suggest? And is there really any real difference among them, or I cam just grab the first one from the shelf?)