• Aug 8th, 2021 8:02 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 14, 2011
124 posts
20 upvotes
Halifax, NS

Asendia

Last week I made a purchase from Ebay. Items are from the US. Unfortunately, I had no choice in the courier that was used: Asendia
Item was shipped with a tracking number. It's been 3 days since the item was shipped and still no update on tracking.

Has anyone experienced any troubles with Asendia?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2011
1016 posts
829 upvotes
YYZ
Nope. Had a bunch of stuff from Amazon.de come via Asendia, it all arrived within the promised time. I can't remember who they used for final mile delivery, maybe Canada Post?
Happy Amex / Brim / EQ / Rakuten Canada / Rakuten US / Simplii / Tangerine Customer
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3754 posts
2433 upvotes
London
Asendia is a very slow method i think they ship it to like one of the main outlets of the us like lax or ny or miami or chicago depending what part of the us the package shipped from then it sits there in the air port for a long time i think they wait till they have alot of packages waiting to go then at some point it gets forwarded a bit lot to canada and handed over to canada post and unlike usps first class and up witch get upgraded to xpresspost in canada i think these ones get treated as letter mail so are just as slow. tracking is spotty at best i believe u may see like 1 scan when it gets to the air port in the us and that's about it canada post don't track it at all.

most ebay sellers stopped using them years ago as the method is slow and most buyers file claims. Barnes and noble use to also use them back when the company was called brokers worldwide and nothing ever came fast it was at best 4 weeks but more like upto 8.

sellers i guess use them cuz its cheap like 7 or 8 bucks for a small package were usps has jacked there price up so much that even a small package now cost like $22 usd.

i currently have a shipment coming via them and its been 4 days so far maybe in a week or so there might be 1 scan if i'm lucky showing it got to a us air port.
[OP]
Dec 14, 2011
124 posts
20 upvotes
Halifax, NS
Lovely! One update and that's it.
And with CBSA on strike, this will make my items crawl to Halifax :(
I pray that my stuff gets here.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7173 posts
9145 upvotes
The NORTH
lazycow9 wrote: Lovely! One update and that's it.
And with CBSA on strike, this will make my items crawl to Halifax :(
I pray that my stuff gets here.
CBSA's on strike?
[OP]
Dec 14, 2011
124 posts
20 upvotes
Halifax, NS
kr0zet wrote: CBSA's on strike?
It was. I'm just glad they went back to work. Now i can go back to waiting for my stuff :)
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
26169 posts
23192 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
lazycow9 wrote: And with CBSA on strike, this will make my items crawl to Halifax :(
Technically they weren't on strike. Most of them are considered essential workers who legally can't go on strike.

They were on work-to-rule in order to get Ottawa's attention. [They had Justin by the balls. Imagine if he calls an election and CBSA continues W2R during the campaign...]

Anyway, they accomplished their goal, got a new contract and are back to normal. [Now Justin can sigh in relief and call his election...]

As for Asendia: https://ca.trustpilot.com/review/asendia.com. If that's not enough, try https://www.google.com/search?q=asendia+reviews
veni, vidi, Visa