Expired Hot Deals

[Ashley HomeStore] YMMV: Ashley - Tempur-Pedic® mattresses Pro Sense 12 inch - King [$2,544]

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2020 11:49 pm
[OP]
Nov 2, 2015
147 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Ashley HomeStore] YMMV: Ashley - Tempur-Pedic® mattresses Pro Sense 12 inch - King [$2,544]

Bought a King-size Tempur-Pedic® mattresses Pro series (Pro Sense) that retails for $3,699 for $2,544 (pre tax) after price match for the extremely rare 25% on Tempur at Leon's and additional discount.

Went to the Ashley store this morning and got a quote of $3,399 after discount (Reg. $3,699) with a price match guarantee offer and additional $400 off on boxing day. Then went to Leon's to find that they have the 25% off on all mattresses including Tempur ending today (Dec 23). Called the sales person at Ashley and he not only beat the price but also offered me lower price on it.

Pretty sure their boxing day offers are not better than what was offered today. But, in case anyone has snagged a better deal, please comment.

This was ever steeper than their 125% PM of the difference, excludes BF, CM, Boxing day and timed specials.

Link: https://ashleyhomestore.ca/products/afh ... 4946128985
Reg Price: $3,699
Sale Price at Ashley: $3,399
Sale Price at Leon's: $2,775 (25% off)
Price Match and discount for returning back: $2,544
Images
  • Ashley Tempur.jpeg
Last edited by ConnectMe on Dec 23rd, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
34 replies
Dec 6, 2010
466 posts
173 upvotes
Too rich for my blood, thanks for sharing though :)
[OP]
Nov 2, 2015
147 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gta_guy wrote: Too rich for my blood, thanks for sharing though :)
We buy cell phones for a grand that lasts for a couple of years and spend so much on other stuffs that has higher Per Day Price. When I tried Tempur & compared it with any other mattress, I could clearly feel the difference. If it helps, Leon's has 24 months @ 0% financing and 0% fees, flex pay. Ashley has the same for 6 months.
Last edited by ConnectMe on Dec 23rd, 2019 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 6, 2010
466 posts
173 upvotes
ConnectMe wrote: We buy cell phones for a grand and spend so much on other stuffs that has higher Per Day Price. When I tried Tempur & compared it with any other mattress, I could clearly feel the difference. If it helps, Leon's has 24 months @ 0% financing and 0% fees, flex pay. Ashley has the same for 6 months.
I am pretty sure lots of folks will find value in it. While I can spend 1k on my cell phone, I cant see myself spending so much on this mattress
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3042 posts
2930 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ConnectMe wrote: We buy cell phones for a grand and spend so much on other stuffs that has higher Per Day Price. When I tried Tempur & compared it with any other mattress, I could clearly feel the difference. If it helps, Leon's has 24 months @ 0% financing and 0% fees, flex pay. Ashley has the same for 6 months.
I paid almost $1300 after tax for a silk n snow hybrid king mattress just last year, and I thought that was exorbitant. This is double that, and I'm very curious to experience how this mattress feels.

I do agree with you however. Mattress is something we spend almost half our life on. Shouldn't cheap out on that. Learned that the hard way when I messed up my back. Never again
Jun 6, 2017
55 posts
109 upvotes
Its interesting that you guys buy a mattress for 2500 - 3500 and search for deals on Red Flag Deals. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
3042 posts
2930 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kodalidatta wrote: Its interesting that you guys buy a mattress for 2500 - 3500 and search for deals on Red Flag Deals. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Mans gotta save somewhere
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1024 posts
655 upvotes
kodalidatta wrote: Its interesting that you guys buy a mattress for 2500 - 3500 and search for deals on Red Flag Deals. Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Interesting why? Only squares cheap out on a mattress
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5477 posts
2287 upvotes
Toronto
Make sure that you like it, though. Price doesn't mean it's good - in fact "quality" doesn't even mean it's good (for you). Bought a Tempurpedic mattress for about the same price, and probably about to toss it after 2 years. I find it too hot and not really that comfortable. Loved it in the store but it just didn't feel the same at home, I initially thought they'd sent us something cheap instead.
Dec 29, 2008
63 posts
100 upvotes
Mississauga
Bought a king novaform comfort grande from costco a few days ago for $750+tax. How does this compare to the novaform? Is it worth spending the extra $$$?
Dec 13, 2016
14 posts
8 upvotes
Very similar experience on my end. Ended up dishing out over 2K for a mattress, It felt like heaven in the store but feels like an average one at home. They probably cheap out on ones they ship out and just put quality into the floor models
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2013
5394 posts
2495 upvotes
gulfstream
a mattress manufacturer once told me not to ever buy an expensive mattress as there is nothing worth the money they charge..he said if i ever wanted to splurge, $1000 max..and then told me the extensive history of mattresses and why.
I have found over the years that they all feel great new...its how they hold up and your own personal comfort after a few years....to each their own though
Jul 21, 2019
43 posts
34 upvotes
Did you order the Costco mattress online, or did you pick in store? My Costco warehouse barely has any mattress collection. But I have heard costco.ca is quite overpriced.
tshath wrote: Bought a king novaform comfort grande from costco a few days ago for $750+tax. How does this compare to the novaform? Is it worth spending the extra $$$?
Jul 21, 2019
43 posts
34 upvotes
Most Mattress sales have over 50% margins. Also, almost all chains have their own exclusive brand of mattress these days. So it's rare you would be able to price match. Here perhaps the original ("after discount") margins were quite high. So sure, the sales person further lowered the price. But he still probably made over 500$ on the final sale.
ConnectMe wrote: Bought a King-size Tempur-Pedic® mattresses Pro series (Pro Sense) that retails for $3,699 for $2,544 (pre tax) after price match for the extremely rare 25% on Tempur at Leon's and additional discount.

Went to the Ashley store this morning and got a quote of $3,399 after discount (Reg. $3,699) with a price match guarantee offer and additional $400 off on boxing day. Then went to Leon's to find that they have the 25% off on all mattresses including Tempur ending today (Dec 23). Called the sales person at Ashley and he not only beat the price but also offered me lower price on it.

Pretty sure their boxing day offers are not better than what was offered today. But, in case anyone has snagged a better deal, please comment.

This was ever steeper than their 125% PM of the difference, excludes BF, CM, Boxing day and timed specials.

Link: https://ashleyhomestore.ca/products/afh ... 4946128985
Reg Price: $3,699
Sale Price at Ashley: $3,399
Sale Price at Leon's: $2,775 (25% off)
Price Match and discount for returning back: $2,544
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
2008 posts
1370 upvotes
Hamilton
Interesting that Ashley did this. Since Leon's carries Tempur React and Ashley Tempur Sense - specifically to avoid these types of price matches.

I'm a member of Parks in Hamilton/St Catharines, their member price is even cheaper than this and I just bought a Tempur Align from them.

Confirmed from Tempur they're all the same.
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5485 posts
2154 upvotes
Winnipeg
I got close to this deal. Got an extra 170$ off adjustable base and 2 free pillows.
Sleep country sells pro adapt teal for 4800 plus
Oct 3, 2012
187 posts
108 upvotes
airmail wrote: I got close to this deal. Got an extra 170$ off adjustable base and 2 free pillows.
Sleep country sells pro adapt teal for 4800 plus
How much was the adjustable base after the $170 discount and what brand? Also was this for a king size base?
Deal Fanatic
May 5, 2008
5485 posts
2154 upvotes
Winnipeg
enjoycash wrote: How much was the adjustable base after the $170 discount and what brand? Also was this for a king size base?
King base, Ashley has half price adjustable base when you buy a tempurpedic
Sep 7, 2006
950 posts
639 upvotes
Own a tempur. Pretty much went flat 2 years in. Noticeable divide in the middle of a mattress. Don't think ill spend this much on a mattress again if these guys are king.
Nov 25, 2018
27 posts
12 upvotes
carmageddon wrote: I paid almost $1300 after tax for a silk n snow hybrid king mattress just last year, and I thought that was exorbitant. This is double that, and I'm very curious to experience how this mattress feels.

I do agree with you however. Mattress is something we spend almost half our life on. Shouldn't cheap out on that. Learned that the hard way when I messed up my back. Never again
Do you like your silk n snow hybrid? Been looking at them recently, not many reviews online. Thanks
Long time lurker, essential phone 😎