457 posts
346 upvotes

Asics Onitsuka Tiger Mexico 66 ON SALE! Various Discounts

Deal Link:
Savings:
25%-50%
Retailer:
asics.com
Some are down from $160 to $79, some are less discounted. This is MENS & WOMENS. Great deal though for a great shoe.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jun 28th, 2022 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retailer field was empty
30 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2017
1976 posts
986 upvotes
Toronto
ive had an onitsuka tiger shoe before, used it for more than 5 years! great shoe!
thanks OP! but sizes are limited.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2616 posts
2411 upvotes
FYI, I see many unisex size 4, they're actually size 6 for women's if you're looking to buy.
[OP]
Jan 30, 2008
457 posts
346 upvotes
these fit large imo. I wear a 12.5 or 13 in most shoes but a 11.5-12 for onitsuka tigers.
Jun 16, 2007
886 posts
672 upvotes
$10 shipping (standard) w Canada Post.
Jul 3, 2017
236 posts
672 upvotes
Does anyone know whether they have free return shipping?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2008
1130 posts
575 upvotes
Edmonton
Are the unisex shoe size selection in men's or women's numbers? I used the fit calculator using Nike shoe in US and EU sizing and they suggested two different sizes. lol. Basically looking at either size 8.5 mens, or 10 womens or 42 EU.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2616 posts
2411 upvotes
canukeneh wrote: Are the unisex shoe size selection in men's or women's numbers? I used the fit calculator using Nike shoe in US and EU sizing and they suggested two different sizes. lol. Basically looking at either size 8.5 mens, or 10 womens or 42 EU.
Unisex is in men's, but they are also about 0.5 size larger (longer) than most shoes, but not wider. Based on limited shoe trying experience at the store.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4147 posts
1693 upvotes
Toronto
Furtive wrote: $10 shipping (standard) w Canada Post.
Thanked OP.

I got free shipping to Whitby, Ontario (GTA Region)

I ordered the "kill bill" yellow and black Oni slip ons from a retailer in Japan last month... unfortunately, this model isnt on sale through this Asics sale, but I ended up paying around the same price.
Jul 16, 2019
182 posts
165 upvotes
Nowhere seems to make 4e wide shoes anymore and no where seems to even sell extra wide
Always crush my feet in smaller width shoes
Jan 18, 2008
189 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
Fun fact: Americans stole the idea and technology from this shoe which ended up creating a company called Nike.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
2293 posts
2904 upvotes
West GTA
Fun story, this is the shoe that launched Nike. The founder was a university track athlete (and newly minted MBA) and running hobbyist and imported and sold this brand out of the back of his car at running events. He came up with the idea at business school thinking that Japanese cameras crushed German cameras, so Japanese shoes could crush German shoes. He came from a little money and toured the world after graduating but stopped in Japan, wrangled a meeting on his own with the Onitsuka CEO and secured western US distribution rights for the brand. His coach I think invested in the business. At the time running shoes of decent quality at a decent price were hard to find, and these were both. After a while the business grew but the founder fell out with the brand and began to make his own brand. Now here we are!

He did start off with more resources than the typical person, and developed under a deep culture that encouraged education, drive, entrepreneurship, high standards, etc. but his hustle and initiative and foresight are honestly startling. Seeing this throwback brand (Asics is what Onitsuka changed its name to) is a cool reminder of that story and of a shoe with a fun legacy.
Sep 28, 2020
63 posts
167 upvotes
chappanteekli wrote: Ridiculous price for fugly shoes. Pass.
It's a great price for a pair of shoes that is a big deal to a small group of people. That is what RFD is for. No need to be incendiary.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2007 posts
4748 upvotes
Vancouver
chappanteekli wrote: Ridiculous price for fugly shoes. Pass.
Normally, to each their own, but these are iconic so you're wrong.
Jan 21, 2016
333 posts
188 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I’m trying to buy a different shoe (Ultimate 81). Price shows sale at $117 from $180. When I add to cart it changes the price to $180. Bizarre.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)