• May 25th, 2010 8:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2410 posts
208 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto

Ask Me Anything About Buying a Mazda at a Dealership

I have been a RFD lurker for a while, and first off I have to say thank you to everyone that have indirectly saved me $1000s over the years.

I guess I see this as my way to try and give back to the community.

I am a Finance Manager at a Large Mazda Dealership in the GTA. Many of you know who I am already. But I will continue to give you a little history.. I have been with Mazda over 5 yrs and actually own 2 Mazda3s (not company demos but actually my car, actually both are leases so they aren't actually mine yet. :mad :)

Anyhow, I am very active on www.torontomazda3.ca and I hope to try and be active on both sites, but other than Mazdas and Trance music my interests are limited, so I will do what I can.

Today I stumbled on to Pete's thread and after reading 32+ pages I thought I could help as well.

Please note, I am not a techie at any means, but I do do know my way around a good deal and have helped out many in the past on my normal stomping grounds, some =54&forumchoice[]=94&childforums=1]feedback here..

I would like to mention that I am not here to troll for deals although I do sell cars (by referral only) I am not paid like a salesperson, so the price of the car really is not important to me.

But if I can help anyone get a better deal or avoid being taken advantage, that is my goal.

That being said, I am located in Ontario, and I am not well versed on how things work in other provinces but I will answer what I can.

Look forward to helping however I can.
< The original ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT BUYING A NEW MAZDA >

Serving the RFD membership base with Mazda's current incentives and promotions since 2007!

Edited by the RFD Moderation Team
Share:
2776 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1075 posts
36 upvotes
Hi Jeff,

I have been thinking of buying a Mazda CX-7.

What's the best way to get a deal on it? Can I save Freight and PDI by buying a demo?

Can you tell me basically what I would be paying for a 4WD GS or GT model?

Anyway to get a better finance or lease rate?

I want to spend less than 40,000 so maybe I should look for a demo or something. Do dealerships let them go for good deals? Like below invoice because they are demos?
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
3385 posts
620 upvotes
GTA
My family has personally bought three Mazda's from Jeff and every single sale was amazing. He's a stand up guy who backs his customers and goes the extra mile. The fact that he is NOT a salesman is a huge bonus IMO.

Nice to see you finally sign up here Jeff.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2410 posts
208 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
hello99 wrote: Hi Jeff,

I have been thinking of buying a Mazda CX-7.

What's the best way to get a deal on it? Can I save Freight and PDI by buying a demo?
A demo is always a good deal as long as colour is not a issue..
hello99 wrote: Can you tell me basically what I would be paying for a 4WD GS or GT model?
I can't do that here, but as far as getting a deal, absolutely! Because there are tons of variables on every deal I can't really post pricing here, but for specifics, I can be reached at (416) 642-7777 (Jeff)

No one should have to pay retail.
hello99 wrote: Anyway to get a better finance or lease rate?
Depends, on a finance, right now it is 4.9% on a AWD for 5 yr financing and 4.9% on a 4yr lease.

But if you have owned a Mazda in the past 6 yrs you would get a loyalty discount on your rate.

And by putting down MSD (Multiple Security Deposits) you could reduce your interest by another 1.5% on a lease.
hello99 wrote: I want to spend less than 40,000 so maybe I should look for a demo or something. Do dealerships let them go for good deals? Like below invoice because they are demos?
Depends on the kms on the demo.. If you are looking to lease and you drive very little... then a demo is perfect. save a lot of money and give back the car. but if you are planning to keep the car a long time.. it may be better off for you to go new. Nothing beats that smell.. :lol:
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1075 posts
36 upvotes
Thanks for the info.

Hyundai has a great deal on finance and leasing, especially that Finance lease kind of deal because you only pay 0%. This makes payments much easier when financing.

Does Mazda have anything like this?

How does MSD work?

Do you guys have a lot of demos usually?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2410 posts
208 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
hello99 wrote: Thanks for the info.

Hyundai has a great deal on finance and leasing, especially that Finance lease kind of deal because you only pay 0%. This makes payments much easier when financing.

Does Mazda have anything like this?
Yes, but not currently on the CX-7. Each model is different for example right now on a 2008 Tribute you can finance for 5yr @ 1.9%
hello99 wrote: How does MSD work?
For every security depo you leave you reduce your interest by .15% up to a max of 1.5%. One security depo = your payment rounded to the next $50 ie payment is $318 one security depo is $350.
hello99 wrote: Do you guys have a lot of demos usually?
Currently we have 3 or 4 to choose from.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5753 posts
5908 upvotes
Toronto
What exactly is the "Partner Pricing" plan for Ford/Mazda/etc (yes I have a PIN) and how is it negotiated, if at all. The site says it's "Dealer Net + 4%" for Mazda cars... vs "Dealer Invoice + 4%" for Volvo vs "Plan-X + 3%" for Ford, etc... Is it better or worse than APA arranged pricing? Is it all just a scam or is it a good deal?

Are you a "participating" dealer for "Partner Pricing" in case I decide to pull the trigger on a CX-7? Do you sell a lot of CX-7s that lead to people really annoyed at the fuel efficiency in their new car!!! (ie do you have some slightly-used cheaper CX-7s that got traded in for something else :D .)

To get the 0.5% loyalty discount for "Mazda owners" can I go out and buy a 1990 323 for $200 and never register it? How is that finance discount determined?
A glass of wine with you, sir, and the ladies I'll enjoy.
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6396 posts
2703 upvotes
Any idea why Mazda does not correspond AT ALL with post sale customers? I bought a new MPV last June and have received virtually NOTHING from Mazda other than the extended warranty document.

Toyota sends me mail at least once a month - e.g. service specials, quarterly magazines etc.

I actually called Mazda head office in Richmond Hill to find out if they had me in their database ...

The silence is deafening :(
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2410 posts
208 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
hoob wrote: What exactly is the "Partner Pricing" plan for Ford/Mazda/etc (yes I have a PIN) and how is it negotiated, if at all. The site says it's "Dealer Net + 4%" for Mazda cars... vs "Dealer Invoice + 4%" for Volvo vs "Plan-X + 3%" for Ford, etc... Is it better or worse than APA arranged pricing? Is it all just a scam or is it a good deal?
Well that is the thing, it isn't negotiated. It is 4% over invoice and then your PDI is a little cheaper as well. As for APA & CCC, in my experience,they are a waste of money $65 here, $39 there... it is so much easier to just show you how much markup there is and we agree on a happy medium.

All said and done, I can beat it on a Mazda3 or a 5, because the margins aren't that great on those models. but on a CX-7 or a CX-9 it works out to a really good deal.

But I am sure something can be added to sweeten the deal. :idea:
hoob wrote: Are you a "participating" dealer for "Partner Pricing" in case I decide to pull the trigger on a CX-7? Do you sell a lot of CX-7s that lead to people really annoyed at the fuel efficiency in their new car!!! (ie do you have some slightly-used cheaper CX-7s that got traded in for something else :D .)
Yes I am a particapating dealer, and no I don't have any used ones, some demos I do have.
hoob wrote: To get the 0.5% loyalty discount for "Mazda owners" can I go out and buy a 1990 323 for $200 and never register it? How is that finance discount determined?
The car has to be no older than a 2000 for you to get the loyalty discount..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2410 posts
208 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
plymouthhater wrote: Any idea why Mazda does not correspond AT ALL with post sale customers? I bought a new MPV last June and have received virtually NOTHING from Mazda other than the extended warranty document.

Toyota sends me mail at least once a month - e.g. service specials, quarterly magazines etc.

I actually called Mazda head office in Richmond Hill to find out if they had me in their database ...

The silence is deafening :(
They do send out things like recalls and coupons etc...

If you would like to PM me your VIN and last name, I will PM you back the info they have in their data base.

Perhaps the address is wrong or incomplete.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5753 posts
5908 upvotes
Toronto
Jeff-TheBiz wrote: Well that is the thing, it isn't negotiated. It is 4% over invoice and then your PDI is a little cheaper as well. As for APA & CCC, in my experience,they are a waste of money $65 here, $39 there... it is so much easier to just show you how much markup there is and we agree on a happy medium.
That's what I don't get though... For Mazda, it specifically says "Dealer NET + 4%" and specifically lists the PDI as well, as opposed to "Dealer INVOICE + 4%" for other brands in the family... So I'm wondering what the difference is...

So if I were seriously interested come mid May when I make a decision, how does it work, I just waltz into a/your dealership and say I want partner pricing on such and such a model (black on Grey CX-7 GT AWD LP :D ) and I skip the sales guy?

If only the CX-7 had some sort of effective AUX input or XM support... I can't fathom how Mazda decided to release a brand new vehicle in mid 06 without an AUX input, geez!
Revolutionary times must on occasion make do with considerable abridgements in order to accentuate the political line more strongly.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2410 posts
208 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
hoob wrote: That's what I don't get though... For Mazda, it specifically says "Dealer NET + 4%" and specifically lists the PDI as well, as opposed to "Dealer INVOICE + 4%" for other brands in the family... So I'm wondering what the difference is...
There is a difference. I have been trying to get the wording fixed for a while, sounds a little misleading. But it is infact Invoice + 4%
hoob wrote: So if I were seriously interested come mid May when I make a decision, how does it work, I just waltz into a/your dealership and say I want partner pricing on such and such a model (black on Grey CX-7 GT AWD LP :D ) and I skip the sales guy?
Yup. That easy, if I can do a little better, I will definately try. again I don't get paid on the sale of a vehicle!

Just make sure you ask for me.
hoob wrote: If only the CX-7 had some sort of effective AUX input or XM support... I can't fathom how Mazda decided to release a brand new vehicle in mid 06 without an AUX input, geez!
[IMG]http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/image ... iagree.gif[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
1355 posts
204 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Hi Jeff-TheBiz, for over almost a year I've been running a thread on how much cheaper cars are in the US vs. Canada.

I've asked different manufacturers to explain why that is.

Some say it has to do with the "demographic market" they're going for.

Can you tell us why Canadian consumers pay more overall for vehicles than our American cousins? PDI in Canada routinely costs double (if not triple).

In my quest, I priced a Mazda 6 wagon, and a CX7 in the GTA. After pricing it in the US they were on average $10k cheaper.

I can't believe it has to do with the market size or the Canadian dollar.

Why do you think that is?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
2410 posts
208 upvotes
Mazda of Toronto
Monsieurmaggot wrote: Hi Jeff-TheBiz, for over almost a year I've been running a thread on how much cheaper cars are in the US vs. Canada.

I've asked different manufacturers to explain why that is.

Some say it has to do with the "demographic market" they're going for.

Can you tell us why Canadian consumers pay more overall for vehicles than our American cousins? PDI in Canada routinely costs double (if not triple).

In my quest, I priced a Mazda 6 wagon, and a CX7 in the GTA. After pricing it in the US they were on average $10k cheaper.

I can't believe it has to do with the market size or the Canadian dollar.

Why do you think that is?
No clue... but it isn't only cars.

Magazines. Books. Furniture..

As far as cars are concerned...

My absolute favourite is how the freight on a Civic which is built literaly less than 100km away from Toronto, is higher in Ontario than it is in the states.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2002
5753 posts
5908 upvotes
Toronto
Jeff-TheBiz wrote: There is a difference. I have ...
I hope you meant "isn't" otherwise I'm even more confused now....

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)